Roomservice breakfast fee?

Roz-DKcruiser

Can anyone let me know if carnival has followed RCCL and removed the heated dishes (eggs etc) from the free roomservice breakfast menu? Also are there any fee for using the roomservice, both at breakfast but also the rest of the day?

Thanks!

Can anyone let me know if carnival has followed RCCL and removed the heated dishes (eggs etc) from the free roomservice breakfast menu? Also are there any fee for using the roomservice, both at breakfast but also the rest of the day?

Thanks!

I have been cruising them since 2007 and they have never had hot dishes at breakfast. It has always been continental. There is no fee in the morning and most of the day; I believe they are now charging for late night.

Thanks!

Carnival has never offered hot dishes for room service breakfasts.

Breakfast is free, but is not hot. There is a little "card" that hangs in your room and you can fill it out and hang it on your door at night and it will deliver at your selected time.

Then there is a menu in your room that has other options throughout the day 24 hours, like sandwiches, salads, wings, desserts, etc. Some of these are free and some have a nominal fee.

Just returned this weekend off the Magic, room service menu for breakfast same as it always has been, no hot dishes. We order the coffee for 2 in a carafe from room service (and drink that early) so that we have the carafe to refill. By time we are done with it then coffee bar is open and we refill it with 2 large cups of the good stuff. Stays good and hot while we have that second or third cup while getting ready for the day.

Thanks, I just thought that they had the hot breakfast dishes like the other cruiselines - but no worries then :)

As far as i could find out RCCL charges around 8usd/day for the use alone of roomservice + the price for the food ordered.

I can read that this is not the case for carnival, thats great!

Thanks!

I don't have the breakfast menu but maybe this will help. It is from last weeks cruise.

1120652116_IMG_3434(1).jpg.11c9ffad581deab1ca0867421cbe7b0c.jpg

Thanks, I just thought that they had the hot breakfast dishes like the other cruiselines - but no worries then :)

As far as i could find out RCCL charges around 8usd/day for the use alone of roomservice + the price for the food ordered.

$8 dollars a day?

That's ridiculous :mad:

That kind of thing is part of the reason why cruises are less expensive than twenty-five years ago adjusted for inflation: Unbundle the costs that only some passengers want, make the cruise less expensive to book so all passengers are no longer subsidizing things only some passengers want, and then charge those passengers who want those extras the full load for them.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Sorry you are definitely wrong about the room service. Yes, the cost is $7.95 plus 18% gratuity, but that covers all you want to order at one time. So if you had 5 people in your cabin, you could order sandwiches, wings, pasta etc. for all 5 for that one price.

Unlike Carnival, it is not a charge per item. I do realize Carnival doesn't charge all the time, but if you order a charge item for 2 people, you pay the price of the item x 2.

I guess it depends upon how much of what you order which line has the better room service price.

Yes Royals $8 charge is just a straight charge...so if you get 1 sandwich...$8...if you get 14 sandwiches and 8 apps still $8...I realize that makes no sense but that is the how it works....lol

Remind me why I have never considered RCCL... never mind, I remember.

Really?
There are (at least) two kinds of consumers into day's consumer marketplace (i.e., beyond just cruises), with regard to this pricing model: One set of consumers sees an added fee and reacts negatively to it without regard to how the lower base charge and the added fee add up to a total; the other set of consumers sees a lower base charge and reacts positively to it without regard to how the lower base charge and the added fee add up to a total. The reason why we're seeing this more and more, especially in the mainstream layer of the marketplace, is because there are far more of the latter than of the former. (Those that understand how the lower base charge and the added fee add up to a total aren't affected positively or negatively; they realize it is a wash.)

Really? It was a $6.95 flat fee on NCL for 4 hot breakfasts. I thought that was well worth the convenience on port days.

.....who says NCL is the champ of nickel and dime world? Oh wait that was me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes Royals $8 charge is just a straight charge...so if you get 1 sandwich...$8...if you get 14 sandwiches and 8 apps still $8...I realize that makes no sense but that is the how it works....lol

Makes total sense, they are trying to get customers accustomed to be blitzed by nickel and diming

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is probably a silly question, but if we go to the buffet in the morning, get our breakfast to take it to our room to eat on our balcony (we're just one deck below), will anyone stop us with plates, cups, etc? I'd rather do that than do the continental room-service.

This shows Carnival's breakfast options. This is the same thing they've offered for years. No hot breakfast has ever been available that I'm aware of, and I've been cruising Carnival since the 90's.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/roomService_break.htm

I am so sad, I don't see the salmon for my lox and bagel...I always ordered that on port days. Oh well, I will have to go to the MDR for the avocado toast :)

sometimes the coffee isn't even hot. We started to bring out thermos' to the Buffet, the coffee is stronger and hotter. Grab a couple of danish and head to the balcony.

This is what we do now.

Although hot food was never on the room service menu, its options have been greatly reduced. I used to be able to get smoked salmon at breakfast.