Bliss - Live 4/21

TheDougOut

We used a combination of points and $ to fly Virgin Atlantic premium economy. Quite a few people flew Norwegian Air premium economy and were quite impressed.

There are deals out there. Scott flew from Nebraska for under $300.

Thanks for the info 🍻

Look into Norwegian Air it’s who I flew when I did a TA last fall was pretty reasonable. That’s who I’ll probably fly for the Encore TA unless I find s cheaper flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Try booking a round trip ticket. I did it on British Airways (through American Airlines) for less than a third of what it would cost for a one way ticket (from Boston)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good to know!

I did a mock booking also and had the same reaction. For some reason, booking air tickets 18 months out is ridiculously expensive. I then tried using this November to see if booking 6 months out was a better reference and the prices were much better starting under $300.

Thank you Doug and Sue for another great live review.

That’s what I did and it came up as $2700. I’ll have to do my homework! We already have a 5-day booked for next February, 7-day Alaska on Bliss that June with some extra days thrown in. Now I want to book the 11-day trans on Encore!

I really enjoyed following this live review. It had all the trimmings of a fine meal. Rock n Roll, Booze, women, gambling, violence, it had it all.

Thanks for a great read. “Hmmm what do I do now at work to pass the day?” [emoji848]

Cheers

Tom

And now we’re bored. Thanks Doug and Sue for an awesome couple of weeks that really showcased much of everything. I particularly like Will’s Statue of Liberty poses at every turn.

Now, if you could book a 7 day to the Caribbean and do this all again you’ll have many more followers. We’re already booked on the Bliss out of Miami in January 2019 with stops in St. Thomas, Tortola, and Nassau.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for the great review, the pictures, and the time you both put into taking us all along. I'll be going over this several times!! Hubby and I will get our turn on board the Bliss in a year and a half. Please let us know how disembarking goes. Safe travels home(weather in upstate NY is warm and sunny:cool:) hope to meet you on a future cruise!

Joining the crowd, thanks for your sharing your trip. We barely could keep up with following your thread and definitely couldn't keep up with you or your posse on a cruise. :o But we'd enjoy bumping into you at some events and around the ship. ;p Again, thanks.

We learned so much about the Bliss, we booked it for a B2B in January upcoming.

Thank you so much Doug for your review! Probably the best review I’ve read on cruise critic! I’m even pricing out the Encore TA lol. But honestly, thanks again for all your photos and posting such great information in this live review. Wishing you and Sue safe travels home!

Thank you Doug and Sue! I looked forward every day to catching up with and the Bliss crew. You made me laugh out loud several times! I have to get my hubby a pair of those cat shorts. Meow! Takes a real man to wear those!

Doug and Sue. So I was awake last night at 1am knowing the ship was sliding into NYC thereby robbing everyone of a daytime arrival- bummer. I thought of getting up to see if I could find a webcam of NYC, but then I knew ya would be up taking photos.

I am on the May 10th cruise which means I now get to fly to Miami and see her and enjoy her for 3 more days than you.

I only wish I had joined the roll call but it is too late now.

But I started 20 mins ago to totally re read this thread.

Thanks for sharing. Too bad the weather was not great and no day arrival in NYC. But I see ya still got your Kodak moment "a nod to Rochester" ha ha.

I wish I could get brave and do a TA but being so far from land is sort of scary.

I am hoping the ship will restock and not have a lot of European cereal and other packaged stuff.

Well back to day 4 of your thread.

I am on the May 10th cruise which means I now get to fly to Miami and see her and enjoy her for 3 more days than you.

I only wish I had joined the roll call but it is too late now.

I think you can still join, I had people adding to mine in February 2 days before we cruised.