Bliss - Live 4/21

TheDougOut

But we went to the dinner... in support of the roll call participants that weren’t aware of what they were walking into.

Good people will always outshine such people in my book. I read an opening post to a thread earlier and rolled my eyes... I now know my gut instinct was in top form! ;)

We all like beer, but were really struggling to polish off the last of the Red Hook ESB. Even Aled.

Aled was, by far, the beer champion of the week. He kept track of which he had consumed, and made a point to knock them all off as the crossing progressed. There were rumors of the contest starting, but it never materialized. I’m not sure if Aled received a growler trophy, but the man certainly deserved one.

To be fair I was champ at most things [emoji23]

No offer of a growler on this occasion although I have one and a pint glass from the Escape so not too fussed. It was more for the glory. All beers available with exception to the three $20 chimay’s consumed on the trip. 63 different beers consumed on the trip (inc the beers in port in Halifax)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Inside info...

If you like Coffee & Baileys, go to the Atrium Bar.

The wait staff will walk over to Starbucks(close)

and serve you a Starbucks & Baileys (no extra charge)

Oh wonderful! Thank you for this tip!

Whatever happened to the egg I was supposed to try?!?

That was probably those crackers you were eating, but he calls it an egg.

Like he called that thing I ate a biscuit, which was really a marshmallow.

That was probably those crackers you were eating, but he calls it an egg.

Like he called that thing I ate a biscuit, which was really a marshmallow.

That was a marshallow the creme eggs were left on the deck [emoji23].

Straws are optional.

Just ask.

Yup straws were options to help the environment. They used better more reusable cups in some venues too to reduce plastic cup waste. The straws they have were quite thin which made using for chugging beer bottles harder. Will bring my own next time

Really appreciated you taking the time to do this thread as we will be on the Bliss on May 30th. My only critique is the intentionally crooked pictures. Many of us are reading this thread in the morning (before booze) and those photos were enough to make us nauseous. Other than that, we now know what to expect. Thanks so much1

Really appreciated you taking the time to do this thread as we will be on the Bliss on May 30th. My only critique is the intentionally crooked pictures. Many of us are reading this thread in the morning (before booze) and those photos were enough to make us nauseous. Other than that, we now know what to expect. Thanks so much1

Artistic license

As a late person to this thread, I'm only up to page 20 out of 81 pages (?)

It's reading like a novel, and I'm taking time to enjoy.

(WE chose to totally disconnect from our phones and internet during the cruise.)

DW Catherine and I agree that, this TransAtlantic cruise was near perfect!

Thank You All again,

Michael

Michael, despite your worries that we had any preconceived notions of you prior to meeting, we both found you to be a pleasant, gentle man. It touched my heart when you stealthily left behind the Vietnamese Dong in the Thermal Spa, and you were so thoughtful with the gifts you gave us.

Thank you for introducing me (us) to the LCR game. There was a lot of excitement and energy in the room for both sessions and everyone seemed to really enjoy it.

You and Catherine are such a lovely couple and I hope that we will sail together again someday.

Have been following along, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading this. So much so that I had to book the Encore TA. We're on the Bliss in June for the Alaska run, and this thread has been great fun and wonderful way to "pre-game".

I hope Dave & Stacy still invited you to the Haven, even after Sue's transgression with the country music thing. We met them in Feb on the Jade and they were great. Saw Dave's shirt for the pub crawl - ask him where he got it. It's classic.

Enjoy your last day onboard!

We had a fun and wonderful dinner!!

This thread just paid huge dividends!

Imagine my surprise when I returned home to find a box from Amazon containing a sweet message from CC member cyanviolet.

I wonder who the gummy bears are for?!?

84224024f031ba81af8a9e58eb942b52.jpg

Just want to say this here - thank you very much for all of your hard work. You and Sue went above a beyond to make the sailing and events the successes they were. I, and I'm sure many others, appreciate that.

Right back at you, Kirsten! Your contributions made this special for everyone, both the Roll Call members and the crew lucky enough to receive a pin as a gift.

Looking forward to an Encore!

This thread just paid huge dividends!

Imagine my surprise when I returned home to find a box from Amazon containing a sweet message from CC member cyanviolet.

I wonder who the gummy bears are for?!?

84224024f031ba81af8a9e58eb942b52.jpg

Thank you so much Heather (cyanviolet) for these unique gummy bears! I can’t wait to try them, but I’m holding off tonight because my teeth are a little furry from polishing off the chocolates that tracyjess gave us.