Concierge Class ... no more

mit429

I will call Cap Club next week to see what info they may have.

We are booked into AQ class, as always.,10 cabins would probably not be such a big deal...but 20 is 40 people, 40 more in Blu, PG passes, other perks. Too late to change now but might change for future bookings..at this point no reason to jump! Curious if the converted cabins will have AQ cabin amenities like the showers and Infinite verandas???

Before Reflection changed AQ Class suites to regular suites BLU was a bit over crowded,, It had more seats than other S Class Blu but not enough, esp back then when suite guests were being walked in nightly with no waitung by the M Club Concierge ( happily that ended)

I will call Cap Club next week to see what info they may have.

We are booked into AQ class, as always.,10 cabins would probably not be such a big deal...but 20 is 40 people, 40 more in Blu, PG passes, other perks. Too late to change now but might change for future bookings..at this point no reason to jump! Curious if the converted cabins will have AQ cabin amenities like the showers and Infinite verandas???

Before Reflection changed AQ Class suites to regular suites BLU was a bit over crowded,, It had more seats than other S Class Blu but not enough, esp back then when suite guests were being walked in nightly with no waitung by the M Club Concierge ( happily that ended)

Good idea to call Captain's Club. Maybe they will know.

Those cabins do have infinite verandas - I imagine they can put the Hansgrohe showers (or whatever they will be on the Edge) in those cabins since they are working on them now.

We’ve just been advised 10196 concierge has been changed to AQ.

I’m going to see if we can still get the embarkation lunch, as I see it as a real benefit of concierge.

Hopefully all my dining reservations will stay, although I like Blu for breakfast, I’d prefer to sit at big share tables when cruising with a friend. Rather than a table for 2 in Blu.

Maybe they could relocate you to a remaining Concierge cabin at orig fare if that works better.

There has been alot of recent blending if AQ and Cooncriege recently but it seems they will be retaining the sep categories...just adding more to AQ. Makes sense if cabins are nearby but hope numbers will be okay...

I don’t think we will be adding anything extra to AQ, the letter advised us of the benefits of AQ, but nothing was new.

Ive asked wether they will honour the concierge boarding lunch, will wait and see what they say.

There isn’t much to choose from, especially no decent C2 cabins, with not knowing what’s going to be above deck 12, I’m not prepared to change to one on deck 12, deck 11 is mainly C3 or C1, and mainly booked out already...

I don’t think we will be adding anything extra to AQ, the letter advised us of the benefits of AQ, but nothing was new.

Ive asked wether they will honour the concierge boarding lunch, will wait and see what they say.

There isn’t much to choose from, especially no decent C2 cabins, with not knowing what’s going to be above deck 12, I’m not prepared to change to one on deck 12, deck 11 is mainly C3 or C1, and mainly booked out already...

I meant just adding more cabins to AQ class in EDGE..not perks...sorry about that.

Even if you lose out on the Concierge lunch, I think you will be pleased with AQ class..we only book AQ since its inception...but will see how we like it on EDGE...

I meant just adding more cabins to AQ class in EDGE..not perks...sorry about that.

Even if you lose out on the Concierge lunch, I think you will be pleased with AQ class..we only book AQ since its inception...but will see how we like it on EDGE...

I upgraded to an A2 from E2 because if I am trying Aqua , I may as well do it in a new ship. The difference in price was not that much and that is why I went for it. One question, will they have Blu? I have not seen it in the deck plans and I am assuming they will since it is mentioned.

Can't wait!

I upgraded to an A2 from E2 because if I am trying Aqua , I may as well do it in a new ship. The difference in price was not that much and that is why I went for it. One question, will they have Blu? I have not seen it in the deck plans and I am assuming they will since it is mentioned.

Can't wait!

That's great! Yes, there is a Blu - it looks beautiful and even has some outside seats.

th?id=OIP.ktn4-oAhLRbkHTB_O2mIXgHaE6&pid=Api&P=0&w=284&h=190

Link to website description of Blu (scroll down):

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/dining/main-dining/

Edited by vtcruising

I’ve been advised by celebrity, there will be no embarkation lunch for those affected and dining reservations will be cancelled 😢

I have been given the offer to move cabins, but the only C2’s available are deck 12, under who knows?? As celebrity has not revealed that area.

For now I suppose we stay in our cabin, as I like the location, and join the hoards in oceanview cafe on embarkation day.

We will try dinner for a few nights in Blu and if not happy will attempt to get into one of the MDR’s, go to the buffet or use our OBC on more specialty restaurants...

I’ve been advised by celebrity, there will be no embarkation lunch for those affected and dining reservations will be cancelled 😢

I have been given the offer to move cabins, but the only C2’s available are deck 12, under who knows?? As celebrity has not revealed that area.

For now I suppose we stay in our cabin, as I like the location, and join the hoards in oceanview cafe on embarkation day.

We will try dinner for a few nights in Blu and if not happy will attempt to get into one of the MDR’s, go to the buffet or use our OBC on more specialty restaurants...

Sorry that they wouldn't let you keep the lunch and MDR reservations. I hope that the AQ benefits will help make up for it.

The Eden Café may be open on embarkation for lunch - they say they will have a large selection of salads, sandwiches and paninis. The views will be amazing and there are 2 outside seating areas. We are heading there when we board to see if they are serving lunch.

If you don't care for Blu, you should be able to mix it up with the MDRs. Quite a few people on CC have talked about going to the MDR when in AQ and we have done it in order to have dinner with friends not in AQ and it was never an issue.

Probably X thought people would be happy with the upgrade to AQ and maybe didn't think about those who really wanted the embarkation lunch and MDR experience.

Be sure to let us know after the cruise how it all went. :)

I’ve been advised by celebrity, there will be no embarkation lunch for those affected and dining reservations will be cancelled

They did the same with me, showed no flexibility and very little business sense in my opinion. But that’s the way it goes. As I told you we changed from 10198 starboard to 12123 port. I also had concerns with the location of the Magic Carpet. Didn’t want that thing sliding up and down anywhere near my stateroom , it is on the starboard side of the ship.

Deck 14 will be the pool deck which I can deal with usually empty at night should be fine. Eden is definently in our plans as it looks like a bucket list experience. Hope you are ok with 10196. At least we where neighbors for a millisecond. Lol.

Sorry that they wouldn't let you keep the lunch and MDR reservations. I hope that the AQ benefits will help make up for it.

The Eden Café may be open on embarkation for lunch - they say they will have a large selection of salads, sandwiches and paninis. The views will be amazing and there are 2 outside seating areas. We are heading there when we board to see if they are serving lunch.

If you don't care for Blu, you should be able to mix it up with the MDRs. Quite a few people on CC have talked about going to the MDR when in AQ and we have done it in order to have dinner with friends not in AQ and it was never an issue.

Probably X thought people would be happy with the upgrade to AQ and maybe didn't think about those who really wanted the embarkation lunch and MDR experience.

Be sure to let us know after the cruise how it all went. :)

They did the same to me 10198. Very little business sense to make a change like that with no plan to be flexible with the dining plans. Just my two cents. The conversation with them was professional but very frustrating as they repeatedly reverted to the party line and a not very sincere SORRY. Not good! 😡

Looks like the Magic Carpet will slide up and down from Cabin 10154 to Cabin 10190. Just an estimate on my part from looking at the deck plans. The black squares on the starboard side of The Edge are the rails and it will extend about 5 or 6 cabins to either side of those. Should be interesting. Possible obstruction specially where the railings to slide and support it are at. You can follow it deck by deck and see if your cabin might be affected.

They did the same to me 10198. Very little business sense to make a change like that with no plan to be flexible with the dining plans. Just my two cents. The conversation with them was professional but very frustrating as they repeatedly reverted to the party line and a not very sincere SORRY. Not good! 😡

I would be frustrated too. Sorry that you had to change cabins - hope it ends up being a great location.

Looks like the Magic Carpet will slide up and down from Cabin 10154 to Cabin 10190. Just an estimate on my part from looking at the deck plans. The black squares on the starboard side of The Edge are the rails and it will extend about 5 or 6 cabins to either side of those. Should be interesting. Possible obstruction specially where the railings to slide and support it are at. You can follow it deck by deck and see if your cabin might be affected.

It supposedly won't be moving up and down too often so that may not be as much of an issue (plus some have mentioned wanting a front row seat when it moves) I think it will be a bigger issue once it is in place since it will for hours obstruct several balconies on each side on at least 2 decks (and there will be noise from those on the MC), balconies on the decks underneath may be darker and likely will have noise (those cabins 1-2 decks below the deck 5 and 14 stops) and those above will likely have noise from the MC. I think those will be discounted after the first cruises once the reviews start coming out for those cabins.

Glad we booked our AQ class cabin on the side opposite from the Magic Carpet. Something that large will have to make some noise as it travels and will also block views at times when it is stopped, not to mention the fixed supports, It is truly the ugliest part if the ship...they could have designed a large launch area without it....

I would have thought those getting AQ for Concierge fare would have been pleased but seems not all were....sorry plans on bookings for CC were changed by X.

Shortly after we booked EDGE, we were disappointed to learn our AQ class cabin was one with the bed by the bi-fold doors. That layout cuts cabin space in half ..and may make the infinite balc area less useful...By the time we figured it out, all of the AQ rooms were booked....not that many to begin with...so now there are more! BUT we are stil looking forward to a great experience on EDGE....

Glad we booked our AQ class cabin on the side opposite from the Magic Carpet. Something that large will have to make some noise as it travels and will also block views at times when it is stopped, not to mention the fixed supports, It is truly the ugliest part if the ship...they could have designed a large launch area without it....

I would have thought those getting AQ for Concierge fare would have been pleased but seems not all were....sorry plans on bookings for CC were changed by X.

Shortly after we booked EDGE, we were disappointed to learn our AQ class cabin was one with the bed by the bi-fold doors. That layout cuts cabin space in half ..and may make the infinite balc area less useful...By the time we figured it out, all of the AQ rooms were booked....not that many to begin with...so now there are more! BUT we are stil looking forward to a great experience on EDGE....

I agree with you, when we found out they had been changed to AQ we where thrilled. Issue was their lack of flexibility or explanation on allowing the reservations we had already made to remain and to a lesser degree the luncheon.

To start with we found out through word of mouth not from Celebrity. Second we booked and plannned the stateroom we felt comfortable with. Third it was X’s decision to make the changes. In my business world you get ahead of a decision like this,you have flexibility with all customers ( we are Elite ) and most importantly you have a valid reason why it reverts back to a party line that’s fine for those who choose AQ and knew it’s requirements.

It’s impossible to defend their approach and the handling of their afterthought decision without a contingency plan. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’m sure we will enjoy the cruise and our vacation. This is our 11th Cruise on X , we have been on RCC for 9 ( twice on each of the Oasis ships) and 3 times on Azamara, you would think we deserved the and had earned flexibility on their botched planning.

Ok I’ve said my piece , vented and let’s move on to the next subject.

How can I tell where the bed is located? I switched rooms to an A2 and I have been trying to figure that out. I can't change it at this point because pretty much everything is taken but I still would like to know. Thanks

How can I tell where the bed is located? I switched rooms to an A2 and I have been trying to figure that out. I can't change it at this point because pretty much everything is taken but I still would like to know. Thanks

If you give your cabin number I can check for you. [emoji2] if you don’t want to say, look at the deck plan for the indentation that indicates where the bed is.

If you give your cabin number I can check for you. [emoji2] if you don’t want to say, look at the deck plan for the indentation that indicates where the bed is.

It looks like the solo infinite veranda cabins don't have an indentation. Should be interesting to see how those are arranged. I'll know 2/17/19. :)

I agree with you, when we found out they had been changed to AQ we where thrilled. Issue was their lack of flexibility or explanation on allowing the reservations we had already made to remain and to a lesser degree the luncheon.

To start with we found out through word of mouth not from Celebrity. Second we booked and plannned the stateroom we felt comfortable with. Third it was X’s decision to make the changes. In my business world you get ahead of a decision like this,you have flexibility with all customers ( we are Elite ) and most importantly you have a valid reason why it reverts back to a party line that’s fine for those who choose AQ and knew it’s requirements.

It’s impossible to defend their approach and the handling of their afterthought decision without a contingency plan. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I’m sure we will enjoy the cruise and our vacation. This is our 11th Cruise on X , we have been on RCC for 9 ( twice on each of the Oasis ships) and 3 times on Azamara, you would think we deserved the and had earned flexibility on their botched planning.

Ok I’ve said my piece , vented and let’s move on to the next subject. ������

Agree Ed,

I think its the way its been handled, no flexibility, the assumption that all would be happy.

A strict no you will not receive any of the benefits you paid for, but instead you will receive what we decide is better.

Im not keen on having our dining reservations cancelled, instead, now we have to turn up and hope we don’t have to wait for to long. With such a port intensive itinerary, with late sail always, the 7-8:30 time will be very busy. I had planned all our dining times around sail away from each individual port.

As you say, we will still have a fabulous time and we will enjoy our cruise!