Concierge Class ... no more

mit429

Could you tell me where you think the bed is in 10220 please?

Have a look at the deck plan a few posts up. You can see 10220, has the bump out in the middle of the cabin which means bed by bathroom.

Thanks for posting Deck 10..we have a good location but bed by the balc

Here's a side issue for us...I read yesterday on another CC thead that Edge upgrades to other class ships will include Cashmere mattresses.. I am very allergic to all wool and silk fabrics...I called Special Services to find out if EDGE mattresses will be Cashmere and if yes, could we have something else...They said they would look into it and get back to.me...Never heard of a cashmere mattress before but hope this is not going to be a problem...

Here's a side issue for us...I read yesterday on another CC thead that Edge upgrades to other class ships will include Cashmere mattresses.. I am very allergic to all wool and silk fabrics...I called Special Services to find out if EDGE mattresses will be Cashmere and if yes, could we have something else...They said they would look into it and get back to.me...Never heard of a cashmere mattress before but hope this is not going to be a problem...

hcat:

Here is something from the Edge FAQs that might help you sleep better at night ;):

"Every standard-sized stateroom is fitted with plush king-sized cashmere mattresses part of the exclusive Celebrity Cashmere Bedding Collection

o Each mattress is handcrafted in Italy by Matermoll, a family owned artisanal company that has been creating luxury bedding for more than 60 years

o Additionally, each mattress is hypoallergenic, eco-friendly,

eucalyptus-treated, and made with the highest-grade cashmere"

Is it possible that, because the wool comes from goats and not sheep, you might be less likely to be allergic to it? I don't know the answer, so I'm curious. I hope this can be easily resolved for you.

No idea...just know its a wool allergy. Guess I'll have to look into it more...

I have been in places with wool carpets and do okay, and dh has wool sports coats, but sleeping the idea of on it makes me nervous.. guess I could bring a plastic matress cover and lots of benadryl. I love the Celeb linens and hope that does not change...

Thanks for the idea that type of wool might matter..but I never wear cashmere, mohair etc..

It looks like it is next to the balcony. 😃

Thanks. I usually prefer by bathroom because I feel like it uses cabin space better but there isn't much left to make a change. I am sure it will still be great.

Thanks. I usually prefer by bathroom because I feel like it uses cabin space better but there isn't much left to make a change. I am sure it will still be great.

Yes, there are advantages to both. You can wake up and gaze out at the ocean. [emoji2]

It looks like the solo infinite veranda cabins don't have an indentation. Should be interesting to see how those are arranged. I'll know 2/17/19. :)

I found this diagram - scroll down a few pictures to see it. Not sure if they are all the same. Looks cozy - a great option! :D

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/accommodations/infinite-verandas/#

To anyone else that has been affected by the change from concierge to aqua, have you noticed your room has been changed to a GTY??

I received an email saying I had a GTY cabin, checked my booking and it’s been changed from 10196 to GTY. I called celebrity and they’ve said it’s just while they are changing the categories over and will take a few days, that’s after they told me I’d lost my cabin unless I paid for AQ, the. I read the email out, she double checked and came back and said it’s ok, it will change back in a few days...

As I’m not particularly trustworthy of celebrity call centers information I thought I’d double check here!

I had the exact same email which worried me. My Celebrity TA was most apologetic as she hoped to email me before it arrived. She told me the same thing so I have stopped worrying. I know it is a free upgrade but I chose the location and didn’t fancy getting any random location!

Wendy

To anyone else that has been affected by the change from concierge to aqua, have you noticed your room has been changed to a GTY??

I received an email saying I had a GTY cabin, checked my booking and it’s been changed from 10196 to GTY. I called celebrity and they’ve said it’s just while they are changing the categories over and will take a few days, that’s after they told me I’d lost my cabin unless I paid for AQ, the. I read the email out, she double checked and came back and said it’s ok, it will change back in a few days...

As I’m not particularly trustworthy of celebrity call centers information I thought I’d double check here!

Doesn’t surprise me. As I stated before, the rollout of this change from C2 to AQ for these cabins has been a joke. It was done as an after thought with ZERO concern for customers of any level. Basically “Take it or leave it”. I have already told my TA this will be my last cruise on Celebrity.

Let LLP know you are not happy. This is her watch and things are going from bad to worse. Time for a change at the top with someone who knows CELEBRITY not RCI. Sorry but she is not on my list of good CEO's. She's too busy partying.

Pat C

Just been given an updated email.

Our cabin 10196 has been classified as an A1...

At least you will have free access to the new Sea Thermal Suite. I'll bet AQ will be in more demand now. I hope it will make up for the other things you lost...

Lloyd posted the video below a little while ago:

https://player.vimeo.com/video/265277298

Thanks for posting ( Lloyd) and re posting (vt) the spa video...

Made me quite satisfied that we continued with AQ class for our EDGE cruise..Has always been our preference. Spa plus Blu ......great combo at the AQ class price point...so far! Will be looking to book AQ for 2020 after seeing this mini reveal!

Spa is Interesting...seems to be missing an aromatherapy rm, but maybe I missed it, Salt breathing is of course the new hot item and the other rooms and loungers look nice as well...Steam room and dry sauna are the bulwarks of any spa and they are there,, Best of all they will be fresh and new!

Overall the decor seems quite masculine in design and crypt like...very cold. Hope warmth and softness are added with candles, flowers, aromas, music, art......soft goods,,.

Can't wait to hear who will manage it, see a menu with prices and spa product line.....ahhhh so relaxing!

Let LLP know you are not happy. This is her watch and things are going from bad to worse. Time for a change at the top with someone who knows CELEBRITY not RCI. Sorry but she is not on my list of good CEO's. She's too busy partying.

Pat C

Celeb has already morphed into Royal C...something we now just accept and work around.. Seems Royal mgmt and culture will be running the show for quite awhile......we have friends who have ben unhappy with Royal as well but not much they can do about that either,....

EDGE seems fresh and new for the time being....and there may be better prices on S class once E class takes off!