I’m a new cruiser. My fiancé is a repeat cruiser with Carnival.

BONFIGLIO

We booked our honeymoon August 20. Is there any special incentives we can get for it being our honeymoon and/or for my fiancé being a repeat Carnival cruiser?

Thank you in advance.

There is a spot on your Cruise Manager that you can list a Special Occasion. We put "Honeymoon" on ours, as it was technically our honeymoon. But our room steward gave us a $12 pixels gift card (we used it to buy a picture frame for one of our own pictures clear.png?emoji-grin-1677 ) and we had a bottle of bubbly and some little chocolate tidbits from the Maitre D that was left in our room one evening. Nothing extravagant, but it was nice clear.png?emoji-smile-1742

Login to your online Cruise Manager and go to Cruise Details. Once on that page, go to the My Guests tab and click Modify under your names. A box will open and you can check off anniversary in the Special Occasions section. Click Submit. You'll get some goodies in your cabin, as schazzy mentioned. Usually some champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and possibly a coupon of some kind (maybe Pixels or Spa).

As for repeat cruisers, it depends on how many days your fiance has sailed with Carnival. That determines his loyalty status. Have a look at this page to see what level he's on and which benefits come with it: https://www.carnival.com/loyalty/benefits

Have fun! :)

We booked our honeymoon August 20. Is there any special incentives we can get for it being our honeymoon and/or for my fiancé being a repeat Carnival cruiser?

Thank you in advance.

Both my fiance and I are repeat customers . I have about ten days more then her . We are going on our honeymoon at the end of June if they do something I'll try to post something .

As posted, you can add under special occasions but it is not guaranteed. There is no everyone who noted "On Honeymoon" qualifies for these goodies. The goodies mentioned are usually for people who got married on board. You can order a number of items from the FunShops,

Use FB and message John Heald a couple of days before your sailing - he will likely have something special delivered.

When we have listed it as an anniversary cruise, we have received a cake and song in the MDR and discount cards for photos or spa.

Use FB and message John Heald a couple of days before your sailing - he will likely have something special delivered.

When we have listed it as an anniversary cruise, we have received a cake and song in the MDR and discount cards for photos or spa.

What experience do you have with Heald doing something extra?

What experience do you have with Heald doing something extra?

Me personally, nothing. I was going to request a change on the Chocolate Strawberries that P/D get as I can't eat cocoa, but just forgot to follow up. I had messaged too early and they said to write him back a couple of days before. But, people request on FB all the time and he repeatedly grants through reports back.

People will slam you sometimes for requesting something...but it almost appears to be something he offers to his followers (helps promote brand loyalty) so it makes good business sense.

The goodies mentioned are usually for people who got married on board.
I don't think that's entirely accurate. People celebrating a special occasion like birthdays & anniversaries far outnumber those who get married on board, and the vast majority of people on these boards who have reported getting the goodies are getting them for things like birthdays & anniversaries.

We celebrated our anniversary and marked it as such on the Carnival page-our cabin steward gave us a 50 spa card. which we didn't use. but it was very nice.

Keep in mind, or so I've read on here, that you don't have to use the Spa card towards an actual spa service. It's said that they can be used to purchase one of the products sold in the spa.

I, and the vast majority of people on these boards who have reported getting the goodies are getting them for things like birthdays & anniversaries. .

Vast majority on these boards represent less then 1% of the sailing public. I have NOT (even once) ever received anything unless i purchased it. Even sent John Heald email about the celebration. Email John about a table for just my family. and nothing. I still email him though-- and will do so when I cruise my birthday in August on the Liberty.

Vast majority on these boards represent less then 1% of the sailing public. I have NOT (even once) ever received anything unless i purchased it. Even sent John Heald email about the celebration. Email John about a table for just my family. and nothing. I still email him though-- and will do so when I cruise my birthday in August on the Liberty.
Regardless of how small the percentage is, you can't discount the fact that every time this topic comes up, there are many people who get the stuff for their special occasion. It's not by chance, Carnival lets us add it to the booking for a reason. With that said, I'm not going to leave it completely up to chance on our upcoming cruise. My son is taking a friend who will be having his birthday while we're gone. I've entered it into the booking, but will also inform our MDR waiter than night. And maybe say something to our steward. It's his first cruise, plus he'll be away from his family on his birthday, so we'll do what we can to make it nice for him.

Regardless of how small the percentage is, you can't discount the fact that every time this topic comes up, there are many people who get the stuff for their special occasion. It's not by chance, Carnival lets us add it to the booking for a reason. With that said, I'm not going to leave it completely up to chance on our upcoming cruise. My son is taking a friend who will be having his birthday while we're gone. I've entered it into the booking, but will also inform our MDR waiter than night. And maybe say something to our steward. It's his first cruise, plus he'll be away from his family on his birthday, so we'll do what we can to make it nice for him.

Oh believe me I still try. It doesnt hurt. BUT people do get disjointed when they do not get.

(I get disjointed when carnival doesnt follow policy for ALL people)

For a table request, I would email the maitre d on your ship about 2 weeks prior to your sailing. That has always worked for me.

I don't think that's entirely accurate. People celebrating a special occasion like birthdays & anniversaries far outnumber those who get married on board, and the vast majority of people on these boards who have reported getting the goodies are getting them for things like birthdays & anniversaries.

Keep in mind, or so I've read on here, that you don't have to use the Spa card towards an actual spa service. It's said that they can be used to purchase one of the products sold in the spa.

What I mean is those who get married on board will get stuff, those who claim they are on their honeymoon may get something.

For a table request, I would email the maitre d on your ship about 2 weeks prior to your sailing. That has always worked for me.

I have tried that too Will do again when we sail with 4 grands in august. I want our own table

I have tried that too Will do again when we sail with 4 grands in august. I want our own table

Serena, two days before sailing is sufficient since that is when they are prepping for your cruise but seeing the Maitre after embark is best. They aren't dealing with your sailing two weeks beforehand.

Thank you in advance.

Congratulations!

In addition to the advice already given, I'll mention what happened to us on our last cruise.

We attended the Heart of Soul production and the CD selects 3 couples for each show as VIP guests (in our case a newly-ish married couple, us (20+ years) and a long marriage (30+ years). I think we were likely selected since it was formal night and we were dressed up - plus we kinda scream middle aged married couple:') . We received front row seats for the show, a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, bottle of champagne and a rose for the husband to give the wife (not sure how/if they would include same-gender couples). The rose was a nice touch in the room and lasted through the cruise (received Monday, disembarked Sunday).

No guarantees that you will get selected, but something to consider. Arriving early and holding hands would probably increase your odds;) . You might get picked on a little for being at a show while on your honeymoon though:hearteyes: