Quick Bermuda Question

newmexicoNita

What is the best way to see Hamilton while in Bermuda? The only tour they do is the one that has a lot of walking and hubby is somewhat mobility challenged. If we choose not to do Hamilton period will we be making a huge mistake? There are other tours that would work for him just fine but just do not include going over to Hamilton. Thanks for your help.

There are some excellent restaurants and pubs in Hamilton, and it’s the best place to indulge in retail therapy, but it’s not the end of the world if you miss it. Bermuda can be a challenge for the mobility impaired—lots of steps and inclines everywhere.

I would check out the Bermuda port of call forum and also ask this over there. Lots of great info.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

thanks, you guys are giving me a lot of good information and things to ponder. We are leaving next Friday. The question of tours really didn't even hit home until a few days ago. We have booked one already.

In lieu of an organized tour, I'd research some places of personal interest in Hamilton. The entire downtown area is relatively small, it's only 3-4 blocks from the ferry dock to the top of the hill and City Hall and the well-curated National Art Gallery. The day we went to Hamilton it had rained all morning so it was incredibly hot and humid and the gallery provided not only terrific local art as well as a great comparative art exhibit, but much needed air-conditioned bliss for an hour!

thanks, you guys are giving me a lot of good information and things to ponder. We are leaving next Friday. The question of tours really didn't even hit home until a few days ago. We have booked one already.

I would suggest hiring a taxi. Our friends who went (he is in a wheelchair) had a very difficult time in Bermuda. She had difficulty lifting his chair over curbs. Not handicapped assessible there. I hope you can either hire a taxi or a private guide who can tailor your trip to your needs

I would suggest hiring a taxi. Our friends who went (he is in a wheelchair) had a very difficult time in Bermuda. She had difficulty lifting his chair over curbs. Not handicapped assessible there. I hope you can either hire a taxi or a private guide who can tailor your trip to your needs

Thanks for the suggestion. Luckily hubby is just in a walker, but he still needs to keep our tours relatively simple. From what we have read so far, I am pretty sure we are going to skip Hamilton unless someone convinces us we really need to ferry over there.

ive been to bermuda 4x and i have spent the least amount of time in hamilton. other than the wednesday night festival, its not that great unless you are a shopper (and then its very expensive) or enjoy spending money on food and drink (again, very expensive). we prefer things like visiting forts, beaches, caves, rail trail, etc. - but if course we do not have mobility challenges so that changes our approach to the island.

What is the best way to see Hamilton while in Bermuda? The only tour they do is the one that has a lot of walking and hubby is somewhat mobility challenged. If we choose not to do Hamilton period will we be making a huge mistake? There are other tours that would work for him just fine but just do not include going over to Hamilton. Thanks for your help.
We booked a tour of the island. Hubby is in a wheelchair so we needed a van. Note this is an island tour, not just a tour of Hamilton. We found it through this site https://www.gotobermuda.com/article/accessible-bermuda

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app