A single then adding a second.

I’ve booked a single in a junior suite on the ovation for next December.the cost was AU$7200 for a 12 night around NZ.

A friend will more than likely come along but not sure?

From what I understand it will only cost $250 for the second person. Bringing it to the advertised price of AU$7450 for double occupancy.

The agent said I can add the second person anytime.

The question I would like to ask has anyone had a problem with the price and adding a extra person.

Im hopping They won’t hit me with a extra full fair

Let me just caution that once the lifeboat capacity for the section of the ship where your cabin is you can’t add to it. Even if your cabin holds four, once lifeboat capacity is reached, that’s it. Don’t know Aussie rules about deposits. If you were in the US, I’d advise adding the second person now. If they don’t come you would get port fees/taxes returned.

Not sure about bookings done in Australia as I am a solo US traveler, but if the rules are the same and you booked a JS under the double occupancy fare as opposed to a reduced solo supplement, the fare will likely not change except for the addition of taxes/port charges for the 2nd person, however your TA's comment is not true. You can not add another person "any time" because as cabins begin to sell out there must be enough room at your muster station for an additional person. Right now, there is only a reserved seat in the lifeboat for you. I would add the second person as soon as you can.

I have the same thing (though not a JS!) and I spent some time chatting with Royal about it. According to him, the lifeboat/muster capacity only becomes a problem when you want to book beyond 2 people in a cabin. He said the numbers are always calculated as if 2 people are there even if you book it for 1. Obviously I can only say what that guy told me, but that's what I was told.