PARADISE found, plus our CONQUEST of two more ships (with pics) - 4/14/2018

Jamman54

The Conquest glistens in the sun…..

IMG_1859-XL.jpg

This is where the crew hangs out…..

IMG_1861-XL.jpg

While Patti heads down the beach, I grab the water camera, my beer, and a float and get into the water. I took these pictures of the shoreline. Can you spot Patti in the first one?.....

IMG_1862.1-XL.jpg

IMG_1862.2-XL.jpg

IMG_1862.3-XL.jpg

IMG_1862.4-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

Patti has made it to the Pegasus Ranch. Here’s a view of the Conquest…..

IMG_1871-XL.jpg

There’s a group of horseback riders……

IMG_1872-XL.jpg

Looking back towards the cabanas…..

IMG_1873-XL.jpg

Here are some views of the Pegasus Ranch……

IMG_1878-XL.jpg

IMG_1880-XL.jpg

This group of riders is returning to the ranch…..

IMG_1887-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

The horses are ready to be mounted……

IMG_1921-XL.jpg

IMG_1925-XL.jpg

One of Carnival’s photographers is there to capture the moment…..

IMG_1927-XL.jpg

The horses are being led into the water…..

IMG_1929-XL.jpg

IMG_1931-XL.jpg

IMG_1932-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

The horses are in the water……

IMG_1936-XL.jpg

They have switched direction……

IMG_1946-XL.jpg

They are coming out of the water…..

IMG_1949-XL.jpg

Patti is now making her way back to the cabana…..

IMG_1985-XL.jpg

IMG_1984-XL.jpg

Patti zooms in on the Conquest and our cabin…..

IMG_1969-XL.jpg

To be continued……

Patti has made it back. It has turned into a beautiful day……

IMG_1991-XL.jpg

IMG_1994-XL.jpg

It is now after 1pm, so Patti makes her way over to the Island BBQ which is serving from Noon to 2pm today. I decide that I want to try the Lobster Shack, so I make my way over there only to find that it had closed at 1pm. Bummer!

We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing in and out of the water. Around 4:15pm we decide to walk back to the tender landing area. We hadn’t traveled 50 feet when a shuttle came by and stopped to pick us up. Perfect timing!

IMG_1998-XL.jpg

We stopped at Rumrunners to wait for the last tender…….

IMG_2000-XL.jpg

When the crew leaves the Rumrunner, we know it’s time to go. We are now on the upper level of the tender, and we watch the crew load up……

IMG_2006-XL.jpg

Here is a shot of the Conquest as we wait for the tender to leave……

IMG_2007-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Our CD Mat is also on the last tender. He had hosted some of the activities on the beach…..

IMG_2008-XL.jpg

We are now heading out through the channel…….

IMG_2016-XL.jpg

We are approaching the Conquest…..

IMG_2026-XL.jpg

IMG_2029-XL.jpg

We are now back home again……

IMG_2034-XL.jpg

Back at our cabin we find today’s towel animal…..

IMG_2038-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

After showering up, we decide to relax in our cabin until it is time for dinner. Before we sailed away from Half Moon Cay, Patti took this long range shot of the Pegasus Ranch from our balcony…..

IMG_2039-XL.jpg

Tonight we are treated to a beautiful sunset……

IMG_2051-XL.jpg

IMG_2061-XL.jpg

IMG_2072-XL.jpg

IMG_2073-XL.jpg

IMG_2077-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

We both had the cannelloni…..

IMG_2092-XL.jpg

I also had the conch fritters…….

IMG_2093-XL.jpg

For our mains, I had the Caribbean pepper steak, while Patti had the salmon cakes…..

IMG_2094-XL.jpg

IMG_2095-XL.jpg

Patti wasn’t hungry for dessert, but I had the s’mores parfait…..

IMG_2096-XL.jpg

Here is our fantastic wait staff…….

IMG_2117-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

The wait staff dances for us again tonight…..

IMG_2111-XL.jpg

After dinner, we take a walk on the Promenade before we call it a night. CD Mat is hosting the 80’s & 90’s music trivia party in the packed atrium…….

IMG_2121-XL.jpg

IMG_2123-XL.jpg

IMG_2126-XL.jpg

IMG_2130-XL.jpg

IMG_2135-XL.jpg

Coming up next: Our day in Nassau, debarkation, and our final thoughts.

Well, you've done it again. Not only do you have me wanting to book another one (just did May 13 on Pride), but the memories came rushing back with our Florida Road Trips. We do the same drive through the night to beat that Baltimore DC traffic. We haven't been to Universal since the Spring before Potter opened. But I do remember that Citiwalk and the boat ride from the hotel. My husband is going to see your review in hopes of doing something out of Tampa. You are the "bestest" at these reviews. Keep 'em coming.

Well, you've done it again. Not only do you have me wanting to book another one (just did May 13 on Pride), but the memories came rushing back with our Florida Road Trips. We do the same drive through the night to beat that Baltimore DC traffic. We haven't been to Universal since the Spring before Potter opened. But I do remember that Citiwalk and the boat ride from the hotel. My husband is going to see your review in hopes of doing something out of Tampa. You are the "bestest" at these reviews. Keep 'em coming.

I agree! It was Jamman’s great reviews of all his Carnival cruises that encouraged us to come back to Carnival after sailing RCCL and NCL ships. We had not cruised with Carnival since 2007, but have booked the Breeze and Magic! LOVE Jamman reviews!

• Like 1

I just love your review! I can’t get enough! It makes me so excited for my two upcoming cruises, but they seem so far away—-March 2019 (Breeze) and April 2020 (Magic and for my 50th Anniversary)

I agree! It was Jamman’s great reviews of all his Carnival cruises that encouraged us to come back to Carnival after sailing RCCL and NCL ships. We had not cruised with Carnival since 2007, but have booked the Breeze and Magic! LOVE Jamman reviews!

Thank you so much for reading and for your kind words. I'm sure that your upcoming cruises on the Breeze and Magic will exceed your expectations! :D

Thank you so much for your kind words! I love our Florida road trips. Patti not so much, but as long as I stop at Cracker Barrel on the way down and on the way back, she's happy! :D

Great Job Jeff!!!!.........And Patti with Pictures as well!!!.........Looking forward to more!!!

Thanks for reading. Glad to have you along for the ride! Getting near the end of this one. Prep work today and will get something posted tomorrow. :cool:

Hey Jeff! I'm really enjoying your review! I am looking at either the Paradise or Conquest for next Spring (same itineraries), so it's really insightful! If you could only have chosen one of the cruises, which would you have chosen? Thanks!

Hey Jeff! I'm really enjoying your review! I am looking at either the Paradise or Conquest for next Spring (same itineraries), so it's really insightful! If you could only have chosen one of the cruises, which would you have chosen? Thanks!

Glad you are enjoying the review! For this trip, for us, because we were cruising with good friends we would have chosen the Paradise. If it were just the two of us we would have chosen the Conquest. Has nothing to do with the ships since we liked both of them, but 6 days is better than 5 days, And Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay trumps Grand Cayman and Cozumel. :cool:

Loving the review! I just want to tell you how grateful I am for your reviews, we are semi-rookies at cruising and are leaving Saturday on the Magic with the whole family in tow. Your reviews and Patti's wonderful pictures have really given me lots of knowledge and things to look forward to. My husband & I will drink a Thirsty Frog Red in your honor!