PARADISE found, plus our CONQUEST of two more ships (with pics) - 4/14/2018

Jamman54

The waiters sang the usual “Leaving on a Funship”……

IMG_2509-XL.jpg

IMG_2514-XL.jpg

IMG_2518-XL.jpg

IMG_2533-XL.jpg

We said goodbye to our waiters Sebastian, Glenn,and Marlon. These guys were great the whole cruise! After taking a stroll around the ship, we decided to call it a cruise, head back to the cabin, and put our bags out. This is usually a sad sight, but since we’ve been away for nearly a month, it’s time to go home…..

IMG_2542-XL.jpg

IMG_2543-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

Day # 7 - Debarkation and our journey back to New Jersey.

We were up at 6am to find that we were already docked in Port Everglades. Here’s an early morning view of Port Everglades……

IMG_2553-XL.jpg

The Freedom of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas are also already docked…..

IMG_2551-XL.jpg

IMG_2548-XL.jpg

Here is the general debarkation information…..

IMG_2544-XL.jpg

IMG_2545-XL.jpg

Here is our Diamond debarkation information…..

IMG_2546-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

It’s early morning here in Port Everglades…..

IMG_2549-XL.jpg

IMG_2550-XL.jpg

At 7:45am we made our way down to the Renoir Restaurant for our priority relaxed debarkation.We were there for only a few minutes when they came and told us we were okay to go. I didn’t even get a chance to enjoy the coffee and Danish they had provided for us! Lol.

Once in the terminal, finding our luggage and then a porter was no problem at all. Our porter, seeing that I was limping a little, asked if we could bypass the main line and use the special needs line, and we were granted permission. We were through customs and outside by our van in a matter of minutes. I have to say that our embarkation and debarkation experience here at Port Everglades was fantastic!

As we left the parking lot, Patti got these last two shots of the Carnival Conquest. We would have no problem at all sailing her again!

IMG_2554-XL.jpg

IMG_2558-XL.jpg

Getting in and out of Port Everglades is super easy, and soon we were heading towards I-95 north and back to New Jersey……

IMG_2562-XL.jpg

We decided beforehand that on the way home, we would break the drive up into two days. We picked the Hampton Inn in Santee, South Carolina for our overnight stop……

IMG_2610-XL.jpg

To be continued……

We were up early the next morning anxious to hit the road and get home. But before we left we wanted to take advantage of the free breakfast that the Hampton Inn provides……

IMG_2626-XL.jpg

IMG_2625-XL.jpg

IMG_2621-XL.jpg

IMG_2622-XL.jpg

IMG_2618-XL.jpg

IMG_2613-XL.jpg

To be continued…….

Here are a couple more free breakfast pics…..

IMG_2614-XL.jpg

IMG_2620-XL.jpg

They also had a nice seating area in which to eat…..

IMG_2628-XL.jpg

After checking out at the front desk, we were on the road again……

IMG_2611-XL.jpg

The drive home was pretty uneventful except for some traffic that we hit in Virginia. Once through there it was smooth sailing. We passed the Maryland CruiseTerminal around 5:30pm and what did we see? The Carnival Pride is leaving on her next cruise. Funny, since we had last seen her just five days ago in Grand Turk!

IMG_2630-XL.jpg

IMG_2632-XL.jpg

It was another three hours and then we were back home in Somerset, New Jersey, another great vacation, including two cruises, completed. THE END.

Well gang, that concludes another month-long journey for us. Thanks to all of you for hanging in there with us. It was a pleasure to have you along for the ride again! :cool:

We enjoyed our time in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale, plus our two cruises immensely. The Paradise looked great after her extensive dry dock and will serve us all well for years to come. Cruising with our friends Jim and Pat made it that much better! The Conquest also was looking good, especially with her new Serenity area.

Our first time sailing from Fort Lauderdale was a huge success for us. Easy to get into and out of, and both embarkation and debarkation were a breeze. We hope we get to sail from there again in the future. (y)

We also enjoyed our first visit to Amber Cove as well. The pool cabana was great, but even if you don’t get one, there are plenty of chairs around the pool that would do just fine. Patti had a blast documenting everything there through her lens! (y)

If you have any questions about ANY part of this review, please don’t hesitate to ask. That’s what these are all about, and why we do them.

It’s time now to look ahead to the future. As of this writing we have nine cruises on the books. Next up on August 27th, I will be boarding the Elation with my son Ryan for a 5 day cruise to Half Moon Cay and Nassau. The two of us will be utilizing Cheers for sure on this one. Since Patti and I did this cruise last October there will be no review on this one. However, if we discover anything interesting or new you can be sure I will let you know about it!

The next one for Patti and I will be on October 21st on the Carnival Pride. We will be doing a 7 day cruise to Bermuda. Our friends Jim and Pat will be sailing with us once again. This will be a special cruise for us for a couple of reasons. Patti will officially become a Diamond member on this cruise. No more riding on my coattails! :D This will also be my 50th Carnival cruise so I finally hit this milestone. Don’t know if I’ll get to 75 or beyond, but it will be a lot of fun trying!

In April of 2019, for our 25th anniversary, we will be going on a 14 day journeys cruise to Hawaii on the Splendor, as we say goodbye to an old friend. Since we’re going to be in Long Beach we decided to add a 4 day cruise on the Inspiration immediately before the Hawaii cruise. This will be another epic review I’m sure.

In September of 2019 we will be doing a B2B on the Carnival Triumph out of our home port of New York City, to Bermuda, and then to New England / Canada. We haven’t been on the Triumph since 2002, plus she is having an extensive dry dock before coming to New York, so we are excited about this trip.

In April of2020 we will be cruising out of New Orleans for the first time. We have booked the Carnival Glory, Patti’s favorite ship, for B2B Eastern and Western cruises. While we’re down in New Orleans we also decided to book the Valor for a 5 day Western cruise since we have never been on her before.

Beyond that we have nothing else booked. :D We have been talking about trying some of the other lines again, so don’t be surprised if we slip something in. Carnival will always be our first love of course!

Before I end this I have to thank my wife Patti. I couldn’t do these journeys, or these reviews, without her. She is my best friend, my rock, and a heck of a photographer! <3

Speaking of photography, the photos you see on these reviews are only a small portion of all the photos Patti takes during our cruises. If you would like to see the whole package, there is a link in my signature for our Cruise and Vacation albums. Feel free to check them out if you are so inclined.

So, until we meet again, may you have clear skies and smooth seas, Happy Sails!!!

Thank you so much for your review. I enjoyed it your report very much. I will be on the Conquest in October. And.. I might see you next year on the Triumph-New England Canada bound. Thanks again.

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it. We will also be on the 9/22/19 Triumph sailing. See you at the Red Frog Rum Bar! :D

Thank you both for all of your hard work with producing your reviews! I always look forward to seeing them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for coming along for the ride again! :cool:

Well that was wonderful Jeff, a really enjoyable read and visual feast on Patti’s photos! I bet Ryan and your cat(s) were happy to have the two of you home after a month away. It makes me want to consider driving again to our next cruise, the Regal Princess from Fort Lauderdale in December. It will be our 25th cruise and our 22nd anniversary, so we have a ways to go to catch up to your 50! Once we retire though, we will give it a good try! Our drive is 24-26 hours to FLL from Ottawa, so definitely done over at least two days. We’ve done it a few times since we cruise mostly from FLL, but couldn’t do it every year.

2019 we are booked on a Danube river cruise with Viking. After 25 cruises we are trying something different! It must feel sooo nice to have 9 cruises in the hopper!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write these reviews!

Sharon

Those are the bridges that go over to Paradise Island. I can remember when there was only one…..

IMG_2386-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

When I lived in Nassau there were no bridges and Paradise Island was called Hog Island. Quite a change.

I always enjoy your reviews. Patti does a great job with the photography.

SaveSave

Jeff,

I think I was just finishing up as you were finishing your last section. I have really enjoying coming along on this journey with you and Patti through your words and her beautiful pictures. Several years ago we were in Bahamas for a 4 night land vacation at the Atlantis for my husband's mother's 70th birthday & I'd gotten up early one morning for sunrise pictures and noticed a Carnival ship out in the distance. That ship was the Conquest, so I went to the part of the beach that had the best views and enjoyed watching her sail in. I loved Patti's pictures of that area from the ship. We'd just been on Glory a few months prior. I'm already looking forward to your future reviews on your upcoming cruises. We were just in Hawaii (2 week land/island hopping vacation) last September to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and it is beautiful. I would also love to sail out of New Orleans down the Mississippi one of these days too. We were just there to celebrate the 50th...I mean the 2nd 25th...birthday of a very close friend, so I got up early two mornings just to watch the Dream, and then Triumph the following morning, sail back in right around sunrise. Thank you and Patti both for another wonderful review.

Holly

Well that was wonderful Jeff, a really enjoyable read and visual feast on Patti’s photos! I bet Ryan and your cat(s) were happy to have the two of you home after a month away. It makes me want to consider driving again to our next cruise, the Regal Princess from Fort Lauderdale in December. It will be our 25th cruise and our 22nd anniversary, so we have a ways to go to catch up to your 50! Once we retire though, we will give it a good try! Our drive is 24-26 hours to FLL from Ottawa, so definitely done over at least two days. We’ve done it a few times since we cruise mostly from FLL, but couldn’t do it every year.

2019 we are booked on a Danube river cruise with Viking. After 25 cruises we are trying something different! It must feel sooo nice to have 9 cruises in the hopper!

Thanks so much for taking the time to write these reviews!

Sharon

Thanks so much for reading Sharon. It means a lot especially from someone who doesn't cruise Carnival. Enjoy your cruise on the Regal Princess and your river cruise. That will be something different for sure. :cool:

When I lived in Nassau there were no bridges and Paradise Island was called Hog Island. Quite a change.

I always enjoy your reviews. Patti does a great job with the photography. SaveSave

Thanks for reading! Wow, that must have been a while ago. My first visit there was in the early 80's and the one bridge was already there. Do you remember when they built it? :cool:

Jeff, I think I was just finishing up as you were finishing your last section. I have really enjoying coming along on this journey with you and Patti through your words and her beautiful pictures. Several years ago we were in Bahamas for a 4 night land vacation at the Atlantis for my husband's mother's 70th birthday & I'd gotten up early one morning for sunrise pictures and noticed a Carnival ship out in the distance. That ship was the Conquest, so I went to the part of the beach that had the best views and enjoyed watching her sail in. I loved Patti's pictures of that area from the ship. We'd just been on Glory a few months prior. I'm already looking forward to your future reviews on your upcoming cruises. We were just in Hawaii (2 week land/island hopping vacation) last September to celebrate our 25th Anniversary and it is beautiful. I would also love to sail out of New Orleans down the Mississippi one of these days too. We were just there to celebrate the 50th...I mean the 2nd 25th...birthday of a very close friend, so I got up early two mornings just to watch the Dream, and then Triumph the following morning, sail back in right around sunrise. Thank you and Patti both for another wonderful review.

Holly

Hey Holly! It's always great to have you along for the ride. We are really excited bout sailing from NOLA since we've never been there. :D

Thanks for reading! Wow, that must have been a while ago. My first visit there was in the early 80's and the one bridge was already there. Do you remember when they built it? :cool:/quote]

The first one was built in 1966/67. I was there when they started to build it and moved not long after it was finished. The 2nd one was sometime in the late 90's - 97/98?

I remember going fishing and then having lunch on Hog Island close to where Atlantis is now. There was only the lighthouse and a pig farm on the island then.

SaveSave

Thanks for another epic review! We have sailed the Conquest, but not the Paradise. I look forward to the day we can have some epic longer cruises of our own. I am seriously jealous of your upcoming cruise schedule - but we will be on the Pride just a couple of weeks before you, so there is at least one to look forward too! The Pride is near the top of my list for favorite ships and I am excited to sail her again!

Thanks for another epic review! We have sailed the Conquest, but not the Paradise. I look forward to the day we can have some epic longer cruises of our own. I am seriously jealous of your upcoming cruise schedule - but we will be on the Pride just a couple of weeks before you, so there is at least one to look forward too! The Pride is near the top of my list for favorite ships and I am excited to sail her again!

Thanks for following along once again! Warm up the Pride for us! :D

Bravo, Thank you for a wonderful review.

Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for reading! :cool:

As always, thanks for taking us along with you and your lovely wife! I always look forward to your reviews, which are positive, informative, and enjoyable. The effort you all put into the pictures and reviews are appreciated greatly!

Thank you for an excellent review. I am dreaming of the day we can retire and travel as we like. For now, we stick to our vacations once a quarter. I was able to sneak in 3 cruises this year, first one August on breeze, then October on freedom and November on valor. My family does not give many suggestions so I end up booking a cruise. 🤪

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have enjoyed your report! Jeff, having cruised so often, have you and your wife visited the British Colonial Hilton? If so, do you have a review of it? I am looking for a beach/resort day option for my daughter and son-in-law who are cruising for the 1st wedding anniversary. Thank you!