St Maarten Catamaran Excursion

Random Winds has a brand new catamaran for everyone to experience. We sailed with them prior to the storm which destroyed their ship but now is replaced by a brand new vessel.

Great news is they now are picking up right at the Dock Maarten which is walking distance from cruise docking.

Check them out you will be glad you did!!!

Snorkle, swim, eat, drink, sun, and much more included.

Diane is the owner.

• 2 weeks later...
Previous posters felt that the Captain, Trevor, was a bit... less than warm and fuzzy.

Was he your captain and if so, how was it? Thinking of booking but a little worried about this.

How do you mean ... "less than warm & fuzzy"?

I have done Aqua Mania catamaran trips for years. ALL of the crew were fantastic. The captain was pleasant and let my husband sit at the wheel for a photo op. Then again, my DH is 6' 4" tall, and was really strong when hauling up the sails. They ask any of the men who want to ... can help haul the sails up.

After looking at the website for Random Wind ... I really want to try them. But I would like to know that the crew, captain included, are fun and energetic.

Trevor did not return after the hurricane, he is not on the new boat.

He was an excellent captain, focused on safety, and very knowledgeable about the sea and the boat.

I always enjoyed talking with him.

He just did not tolerate fools or idiots, and free flowing booze can bring out the worse in those kinds of people.

We just did the day sail with Random Wind last week while on the Harmony of the Seas. It was the highlight of our week! They have a catamaran now which is beautiful and very spacious and comfortable. We had 19 people onboard and never felt crowded. The other poster is correct and Trevor is no longer the captain. We had Stefan(who is easy on the eyes, ladies) as well as Anna, the host. Both of them made us feel very welcome and provided a wonderful day of sailing, snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, and swimming. There was also a platform to jump from and a tarzan swing that was so much fun! The lunch was also very good and was prepared right on the boat. Drinks, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic, were plentiful. The Anna Special was great! She also brought her sweet little dog Prince along and he soaked up all the love and attention he could get.

They did pick us up near the cruise ship dock as the traffic is pretty bad in that area now. Diane, the owner, is very easy to reach at the email address on their website. I think it was $119 per person, but she offers discounts a lot. You won't be disappointed if you choose them!

We just did the day sail with Random Wind last week while on the Harmony of the Seas. It was the highlight of our week! They have a catamaran now which is beautiful and very spacious and comfortable. We had 19 people onboard and never felt crowded. The other poster is correct and Trevor is no longer the captain. We had Stefan(who is easy on the eyes, ladies) as well as Anna, the host. Both of them made us feel very welcome and provided a wonderful day of sailing, snorkeling, paddle boarding, kayaking, and swimming. There was also a platform to jump from and a tarzan swing that was so much fun! The lunch was also very good and was prepared right on the boat. Drinks, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic, were plentiful. The Anna Special was great! She also brought her sweet little dog Prince along and he soaked up all the love and attention he could get.

They did pick us up near the cruise ship dock as the traffic is pretty bad in that area now. Diane, the owner, is very easy to reach at the email address on their website. I think it was $119 per person, but she offers discounts a lot. You won't be disappointed if you choose them!

Thanks for your input! Pretty much everything you wrote is what I read in Trip Advisor reviews. Looking forward to going in August

Does Random Winds stop near a beach or do you hang in the middle of ocean. I saw the tour was 5 hours. Are there any shady areas on boat for those who need some shelter from the sun? What was served for lunch?

Thank you!

Does Random Winds stop near a beach or do you hang in the middle of ocean. I saw the tour was 5 hours. Are there any shady areas on boat for those who need some shelter from the sun? What was served for lunch?

Thank you!

Haven't been yet (our trip is this August), but most of your questions can be answered by clicking this link:

https://randomwind.com/index.php/2012-07-19-17-39-29/paradise-sail

Booked for our October AOS cruise. Excited as out last time at St. Maarten, our Golden Eagle catamaran excursion was cancelled

2 days before our cruise started. Happy to read all the great info about Random Wind!

Thank you!

We did stop in a bay near a beach but not on the beach. I believe it was Mullet Beach but I could be wrong. It was very pretty there. There is an area where you can get out of the sun if you wish in the little dining and seating area. The rest of the boat is open. There is also a bathroom on board. Honestly, we never got hot, we were either moving or in the water. They have noodles to float with and it’s easy to get on and off of the catamaran.

• 1 month later...

I had an email exchange with this Diane and she gave off really bad vibes. I had an $10 off per person that I had saved from facebook advertisement from their site and asked if I could apply to the excursion cost for a family of 4. The tone of the email seem very irritated that I would ask about a discount. That was enough to well we will look else where.

I had an email exchange with this Diane and she gave off really bad vibes. I had an $10 off per person that I had saved from facebook advertisement from their site and asked if I could apply to the excursion cost for a family of 4. The tone of the email seem very irritated that I would ask about a discount. That was enough to well we will look else where.

If the tour is 5 hours for $120 I would want to use the $10 off coupon AND lunch. ;)