Not Quite Live from The Seaside May 5th.

sandpiper35

Finally we board the Seaside today May 5th. Hey it's "Cinco de Mayo". Happy Cinco de Mayo all.

Hopefully will have time to post a few notes. By now most every important items has been posted by previous CC members and reports say the smells are all gone. Hope is all true.

Maureen, we will try to remember your very valuable advice, in the hopes of avoiding so many amateur mistakes.

We start to a cloudy morning with a promise of thunder showers later on in the afternoon.

Should clear up by sail time.

Like I pointed out in the title this will be not quite live so if you post questions, we will try to be nimble in our response, however keep in mind we do tend to tune out in floating places like these.

Cheers.

If you happen to notice, where's the yacht club embarkation tent vs the parking garage. We're driving down, and I'm trying to determine if I should try and drop off the fam and then go park while they wait or is the tent near the garage and we can park then walk over with our luggage?

Will do. But let me just say, after many. many cruises, with different cruise lines, we always drop fam and luggage off first, park, and walk back. That works the best for us.

Last time we did the YC in Divina, the YC tent was very close to the park, tent was at the very west end of the luggage drop area, even then we stuck to drop, then park formula. Surprisingly, that was one of the times we had to wait the longest to drop the luggage since they did not have enough workers assigned to the YC tent to keep up with demand, and the regular bell caps were not allowed to handle YC bags. Weird.

Never the less, I will check today and let you know.

Cheers.

Ok signing off for a bit, the sun is trying to come out and we're off to the port.

Cheers.

Ok they have improved the location of the YC luggage drop tent. Pull into the curcular drive before you reach the general drop off area. The tent is right next dior to the passenger enteance door terminal Fd29e293963d525166e60d0ff7ea28e75.jpg

ef7e4256692c01500802856248aea54a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you happen to notice, where's the yacht club embarkation tent vs the parking garage. We're driving down, and I'm trying to determine if I should try and drop off the fam and then go park while they wait or is the tent near the garage and we can park then walk over with our luggage?

Definitely drop bags first, else drag them for almost one block to tent.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk