Fascination out of San Juan prices

wytygr8

So, I’m strongly leaning towards a Southern Caribbean trip on the Fascination for my next cruise. I’ve noticed that the best prices for this fall seem to be around $100 lower than for fall of 2019, which is when I want to go. Does this mean I should wait until this time next year to book my cruise? Or is this some sort of anomaly where people aren’t sure about the port’s recovery from the last hurricane?

No, fall prices are always the lowest. Summer is over, kids are back in school, but it still feels like summer.

Yes it is hurricane season but ships can and do change itinerary for the weather, so there is no worry there.

We love traveling in September. Best fares, great weather, few kids!!!

I swear by the fall. I go once in the Spring and once in the Fall for almost what you would spend on one summer vacation.

I wouldn't worry about the hurricanes too much. Sure, it could ruin your day. Believe me, Carnival does not want to cancel cruises. There are plenty of port options. They will go elsewhere if possible to avoid the storm.

Y’all are missing my point, which is that fall of 2018 is currently significantly cheaper than fall of 2019. I’ve already settled on going in fall of 2019. My question is whether I should be waiting a year to book my cruise or if this is an anomaly.

You can always book your 2019 cruise now at early saver rates, and take advantage of any future price drops. Just read all the fine print and exceptions for this type of fare and understand exactly what it means to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Y’all are missing my point, which is that fall of 2018 is currently significantly cheaper than fall of 2019. I’ve already settled on going in fall of 2019. My question is whether I should be waiting a year to book my cruise or if this is an anomaly.

This fall is cheaper because of the lingering damage from the hurricanes !

Many have cancelled or moved their scheduled cruises from this fall to a later date or different itinerary (we did and our PVP told us many are doing the same thing)

Outside of the port areas, many of the attractions of the affected islands are still quite damaged, Carnival has lowered prices to try and fill the ships.

Unless you are positive you want Carnival for your fall 2019 cruise, I would suggest you also look at other lines that sail from San Juan like RCCL or Celebrity. I've twice found winter solo rates on Celebrity lower than same date Carnival sailings.

I don’t think they’ll let me change dates with price drops.

You are correct they won't let you change dates without a huge penalty and that is the risk you take book now book later honestly your better off just picking a date and only looking at that date for price drops and don't get yourself upset by looking at other dates

Book now and book with the early saver rate. Check prices daily. If they go less than what you paid, submit the form to get the lower rate.

You may be better of booking the Past Guest rate now. Past Guest is only about $30 more but you have the flexibility to change dates and update your rate to a lower Past Guest rate. Once you are set on the exact date then you can leave the rate at Past Guest or you can change it to Early Saver to take advantage of a lower rate. You get much more flexibility with the Past Guest rate and there are no change fees.