Need Help - Celebrity Summit

Marleycruiser

We sailed on the Celebrity Summit last year and truly enjoyed sailing her primarily attributable to the fact we were in a Sky Suite for the first time.

We enjoyed priority boarding/debarkation, Luminae was the best restaurant we have eaten at sea (including the service and Maggy made our trip), and enjoyed getting away from the crazy at Michael s.

My question to the experts is, whether or not I will be disappointing in booking a Aqua Class room? I know there is Blu but we never ate there, and I suppose the question I am asking is what do you get as a suite guest that you don't get as a Aqua Class Room guest?

The price is double (Aqua vs. a Sky) and while the trip was good, it was not that good.

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you in advance.

We sailed on the Celebrity Summit last year and truly enjoyed sailing her primarily attributable to the fact we were in a Sky Suite for the first time.

We enjoyed priority boarding/debarkation, Luminae was the best restaurant we have eaten at sea (including the service and Maggy made our trip), and enjoyed getting away from the crazy at Michael s.

My question to the experts is, whether or not I will be disappointing in booking a Aqua Class room? I know there is Blu but we never ate there, and I suppose the question I am asking is what do you get as a suite guest that you don't get as a Aqua Class Room guest?

The price is double (Aqua vs. a Sky) and while the trip was good, it was not that good.

Thank you in advance.

You don’t get in Aqua a :

Butler

Michael’s Club

Luminae

Reserved seats for Gala night shows

Room service is more personal as the butler serves your meals.

Doorbell

Priority embarkment and demembarkment

Fresh flowers

Priority tender boarding

No charge for room service after midnight

Larger room + 50 sq feet

Usually suites offer four free perks like internet, beverage, gratuity pre paid, and some sort of on board credit.

My philosophy is once you have been to the suite side it’s hard to go back to another class of rooms. Although Aqua has its own restaurant and some spa goodies, you get a lot more with a suite but I don’t know what the prices were.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No access to Michaels Club which we don’t really use if we have a beverage package. If your a spa person the Persian Garden is included for AQ but charged for all other categories.

We have done many cruises in Blu and have always been pleased.

With the high prices for suites we save the splurge for repo cruises.

The best think I like about sky suites are the butler! We get to know him and in turn he knows are likes and dislikes. We enjoy tea in the afternoon and sure enough all the high tea items appear each day. We didn’t care for the afternoon capers so he we not even bring them. I like to get off the ship and walk around in the port area so every morning he gave me a map with directions and things I would enjoy seeing or buying.

One evening after a long day we decided to use room service for dinner and the meal was served in courses. We got a movie to watch and he even brought us popcorn and candy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My philosophy is once you have been to the suite side it’s hard to go back to another class of rooms. Although Aqua has its own restaurant and some spa goodies, you get a lot more with a suite but I don’t know what the prices were.

I am with you, as long as I can afford it will book suites , very easy to get used to all the perks

Thank you in adv

ance.

Aqua vs Sky, all about what price you are comfortable with. With most people getting the drink package as a perk Michael’s Club is no longer a must for drinks. Blu and Luminae are both very nice with usually quiet dining in a small venue. If you select a Aqua Class cabin on either S or M Class ships be very careful about what is above your head, some are really in very noisy locations. Enjoy your cruise!

Our first Celebrity cruises were in AQ and although we are more often in a suite now, we have no problems enjoying our cruises in AQ just as much. We are probably in the minority but we may miss Michaels more than Luminae.

We usually book AQ. During the last few crusies we “slummed” and had a veranda. We enjoyed it and found that breakfast was just as good or better in the MDR. Same juices, same pastry selections and more choices on the menu. Service was great and always got a table for two. The MDR was just as good and we always had a table for two.

Out last cruise we basically went overboard and booked a suite. We weren’t that impressed and can’t really justify the cost difference. We never utilized the butler and that is our fault but we aren’t people that need to be pampered or have others do something that we can doe ourselves.

We had the premium pack as it was included. Michael’s was a joke. It was dead and the BT couldn’t make a simple drink like a Old Fashion. I had to tell him and then was told we don’t have orange slices. My wife wanted a wine that was on the premium pack and was told we don’t carry it and never said that we will get it for you. It was the same for the Old Fashion. I asked for Woodford and was told all we have is Bulliet or MM. Woodford is on the premium pack. No one ever gave us anything out of the ordinary or went out of their way to accommodate us and we aren’t demanding for anything, just asking for simple things.

When we boarded no one directed us to Michael's and if we didn’t know where it was or included we would have never known. We walked in and was never checked if we belonged. We sat there and eventually a server came around and we ordered a drink. A beer and a Moscow Mule. Never was asked or met the host.

We never really interacted with the host until the 3rd day and mentioned that we would like to do any special events that were available. Was told that there was a bridge tour that cost around $150. No thanks.

We found it easier to get any issues resolved at the proper desk. Whenever we went to Michael’s there would be a line waiting. Easier and faster at the source and more convenient since we were walking past and there was no line.

We won’t be booking another suite unless the price is really great. We aren’t suite type people that live in a dream world. I think it is because we are just blue collar low maintenance people that don’t know how to enjoy the “finer” things. It may seem strange to some but I enjoy or love serving others and not being served.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just wanted to thank everyone for their help.

As stated above, we are not Butler people and the last time we did not use the butler at all.

I think the only thing we may potentially miss is Michaels and priority boarding (although I am not sure if we get priority embarkation/debarkation if we are only Aqua class).

Right now the price difference between an Aqua cabin and Sky Suite is ~$1600 and that is simply to steep for me to justify the "additional perks."

Thanks again everyone.