London Hotels - Favorite?

Susie B.

If you want to splurge for an over the top experience - Four Seasons at Trinity Square.

Overlooks Tower Bridge and Tower of London - 2 minute walk to Tower Bridge station.

Running special currently - stay X number of nights get one free. We took advantage of a stay 2 get third night free for 6 nights this past spring (so paid for 4) and when you cost averaged it - was comparable to other 4/5 stars paying 6 nights.

The service, spa, everything was fabulous. As my wife said when we were leaving - really going to be difficult to top that one!

Bob

I have been to London countless times and love both the Rubens at the Palace and the Cavendish on Jermyn Street.

Both are great, typically English hotels with excellent service and location. Not a fan of US based hotels but instead prefer the smaller boutiques where service is personal and the staff knows you.

I usually travel alone and consequently am very picky about where I say, probably more so than most, and not as concerned with price as long as it is not outrageous.

For those experienced London travelers, do you have a favorite London hotel? We're staying four nights in August pre cruise.

Big fan of the Grovenor Hotel owned by the Guoman company. It actually has an entrance inside the Victoria Train station. So super convenient to that and the Underground Victoria stop and about a 3 block walk to Buckingham Palace. We joined their "club" when making a reservation and got breakfast added for free. Have stayed there three times over the years and just two weeks ago after a Celebrity cruise (transatlantic). Convenience is hard to beat.

I'll break my own rules...

The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge is very nice. It has a modern, slightly funky feel that you may or may not care for.

Last time we were in London, we stayed at the Marriott Marble Arch, which had just been renovated. It was a very nice hotel

We have reservations at the Marriott Park Lane next month. Haven't stayed there yet, but looks nice.

(I travel a lot for business, and Marriott redemptions in London are a steal; a GBP 500/night hotel for the same points as a $300/night hotel in NYC...)

I enjoyed The Kensington on our last visit and the Park Lane Hilton on a previous trip. Both are well appointed and nicely located. I particularly loved the location of the Kensington which is quite close to Museum Row and to a tube stop and many restaurants.t8e04de0aaef878ec4438c9e38dde0ce7.jpg

The Kensington

London Bridge Hotel - Right by the Shard and the Borough Market which has lovely eateries. Close to the Thames for more restaurants, bars etc and London Bridge/Tower of London.

Rooms not large by US standards, the team at the hotel are great.

Big fan of the Grovenor Hotel owned by the Guoman company. It actually has an entrance inside the Victoria Train station. So super convenient to that and the Underground Victoria stop and about a 3 block walk to Buckingham Palace. We joined their "club" when making a reservation and got breakfast added for free. Have stayed there three times over the years and just two weeks ago after a Celebrity cruise (transatlantic). Convenience is hard to beat.

There's always something to learn on these boards. :D I'd been so proud of myself for previously finding a savings of £36 on the Grosvenor before my upcoming November Eclipse TA. Chose it just so I could walk to the Victoria Theater to see Hamilton. After reading your post, I went back, joined their "club," and made a new reservation. Saved another £20 on the same category and now have breakfast included, too! Thanks for a great tip!!

The hotel I have liked the best is The Cumberland which is right opposite Hyde Park and is one end of Oxford St - buses and underground are both very close by. The breakfasts are wonderful, my room was a good size and the entrance/foyer is lovely and spacious with attentive staff. There is a Jimi Hendrix room somewhere in the hotel where he liked to stay. There is another hotel in their group which is right by Tower bridge (The Guoman group) and is called The Tower hotel.

The Cumberland's site https://www.guoman.com/en/london/the-cumberland.html

Echoing other cruisers, we loved the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel. We stayed in a studio room for 6 days pre cruise last May- June. Very convenient, staff was beyond helpful and there were always back cabs waiting. After our cruise we stayed at the Rubens at the Palace. We had a small room with a step down to a spacious bathroom. We loved the convenience, the bar and restaurant were fantastic, iconic London. The staff was exceptionally helpful and we were able to walk all over the parks and grounds around Buckingham Palace.

We would stay at either of these hotels again in a heartbeat. If you are looking for a wonderfully romantic restaurant for either lunch( yes, a romantic lunch) or dinner, try to get a reservation at Clos Maggiore. Divine!