Teen Only Zones on Oasis

Our DD will be one month shy of turning 12 when we sail in Sept. Our son will be 15. Will they allow DD to go into the teen only areas with her brother? I'm afraid she will be bored in the Voyagers group. Also, can someone tell me what video games they have on board? I'm sure my kids will want to know that.:)

My daughter is pretty responsible so I would be fine with her being able to sign in/out. I will check into this once we board. They may not even go to the teen area much, but would like the option for them to go together if we can do that.

Do you really want your 11 year old to be potentially hanging out with 17 year old boys? September is unlikely to have a lot of kids on board, so the two teen groups could be grouped together.

Do you really want your 11 year old to be potentially hanging out with 17 year old boys? September is unlikely to have a lot of kids on board, so the two teen groups could be grouped together.

I believe she said her daughter was responsible. What do 17 year old boys have to do with anything? Is there something we are not aware about in the Teen Center?

The teen program groups are split up as 12-14 and 15-17, but they are often combined when there are fewer kids on the cruise. My daughter was in the older group on our last cruise and our son was in the younger group and many activities were combined. Since your daughter will be just shy of 12, I am pretty sure they will allow her to participate in the 12-14 group. (They allowed it with my son when he was 11)

Edited by Laurin612

I believe she said her daughter was responsible. What do 17 year old boys have to do with anything? Is there something we are not aware about in the Teen Center?

I believe poster was trying to point out that the maturity level, interests, conversations, etc. of 17-year-old boys would be very different than those of an 11-year-old girl. Teens tend to hang out; not always participating in organized activities.

Agree with posters who recommended asking on board. Very dependent on numbers.

Can't help with the type/names of games, but be aware you need to warn kids about costs. Lots of stories of kids running up big Seapass accounts because they weren't paying attention to how much they were spending on games.

If she is allowed in, I wouldn’t expect them to hang out together. I’ve had my 5 on cruises as teens, they are close in age (including a set of twins), and they’ve always formed their own groups. I was actually surprised when my dd14 and dd16 found their own friend groups, they are incredibly close (dancing together for 8 years several nights a week, run HS track together, share a wardrobe and many friends). Most groups they’ve formed were kids their age.