Movies On M Class Ships Deck 12

Not much information on the Spreadsheets regarding how loud and disturbing the movies are above the Aqua Class Cabins on Deck 12. I would appreciate if you could tell me where on 11 not to book a cabin and where the loud speakers might be over our head. Thank you. We will be on the Summit in the Fall.

Haven’t been in the AQ SR’s on Deck 11, but have watched the movies on Deck 12. They aren’t blaring speakers. It’s a pretty intimate area and I’d be very surprised anyone heard them in their SR below. But don’t know from 1st hand knowledge except being at the movies. If it was an issue, I have a feeling we’d have ‘heard’ about it by now, but you never know.

By the way, love the set up there.

Den

Unfortunately, movies played from early morning until night non-stop on our last M Class cruise. They were very loud and few people (sometimes no one) were up there when we checked it out a few times.

We were in one of the 5 wonderful AQ in the aft (1141) and the speakers must have been facing aft because we heard the movies. We are very laidback people, but this affected our enjoyment of our balcony (and that balcony is amazing). We did talk to GS very nicely 3 times about turning down the volume, but in the end, they said there was nothing they could do since we didn't hear it in the cabin.

We used to love those cabins, but I won't book one again as long as the movies are there. We already had 1141 booked for an Alaskan cruise, but am hopeful that they won't be playing movies up there all day and into the night in Alaska.

I do want to say that our cruise was a charter so I thought that was the reason for the non-stop loud movies, but have since seen other reports of loud movies all day long on non-charter cruises. I don't know if this is consistent across ships or even consistent cruise to cruise, but would say there is potential for loud movies interrupting your peace on the balcony. You may hear some noise below since the Sunset Bar/OVC outdoor seating is below, but that mild noise never bothered us.

We haven’t stayed on Deck 11 but we could hear the movie when having a drink at the Oceanview Bar on Deck 10Aft. So you may not hear anything inside but depending on the movie you can hear it on the very aft.

We were in the aft Aqua stateroom 1141 on the Summit last fall (while on a B2B2B with three different staterooms). That particular leg was the last of the Canada/New England cruises before the ship repositioned to San Juan. While we did have rain at one port the weather was great, and we didn't hear a anything from the movies. Wasn't an issue at all for us.