A T & T Cruise Package

If you are interested in data while at sea, then it can get very expensive with that package. However if you only want limited texting and voice calls, the package could make sense.

Anyone have any experience with using the AT & T Cruise package ?

I only use the ATT package for international travel on land which is $60.00. (or $10.00 per day on short cruises). I found any package on the ship that includes data, either RCCL's package or ATT is just not worth it.

What are your needs? As noted above, if you need data, the ATT package is not good. Plus, if you plan to buy Voom and your phone has WiFi calling, you can call and text over WiFi with no roaming charges.

I have used the plan (ONCE), per everyone else it is very expensive. We were traveling with our two kids. The whole time on the ship I would get text message about the data but never the cost associated with it, by the end of the cruise I had an additional $600 in charges.

We get the VOOM and use that while on the ship. If we used our phone off ship (Caribbean) it was $10/24 hours. We had Mexico included in our AT&T. We do have a business AT&T account so I don't know if it is different for individuals or not.

We are going to Alaska in July and will be using VOOM again; however, we will be able to use our AT&T in Canada and Alaska with no additional charges.

I have used the plan (ONCE), per everyone else it is very expensive. We were traveling with our two kids. The whole time on the ship I would get text message about the data but never the cost associated with it, by the end of the cruise I had an additional $600 in charges.

Wow!:eek:

I used it until Royal started the Voom. I would get the $60, 50 mins call package. Had my data turned off. That worked for me just fine. Have never used AT&T data plan. But it's very small if I recall. The GREAT thing about Voom from Royal is that I can now FaceTime, Skype and also check emails and make all my friend mad by posting photo's of my vacation on FaceBook in real time :) Hope this helps. Happy Sailing!!!

As others have mentioned, depends on your needs. But if you only need limited ability to be contacted, with no package you can still receive texts for free and it's $.50 to send a text. The non plan phone charge to talk is $1.90 per minute. If you need data, then the voom is a much better deal and you'll get wifi calling (if you activate it) and can use your phone as if you are at home.

In port you can always find a free wifi somewhere and hook up to wifi calling and do all the texting, phoning, data you want.

We use our ATT plan only when close to or on land. Otherwise we get the Voom for calls, text, and data while on the ship. Our ATT plan has included coverage in Mexico and Canada. If we go outside of that we add their international plan for the month and remove it when we come back.

What are your needs? As noted above, if you need data, the ATT package is not good. Plus, if you plan to buy Voom and your phone has WiFi calling, you can call and text over WiFi with no roaming charges.

This is excellent advice. IMHO, the AT&T plan really makes no sense if you are going to buy the VOOM internet service. If you have VOOM, and you have WiFi calling from your provider that’s really all you need, but there’s more. If you have an iPhone (or the “WhatsApp”)it is even better. You have all the regular services, texting, FaceTime, Email etc... at no extra cost above the price of the internet.

Just an FYI, WiFi calling may or may not work. I am on Anthem now and for some reason my phone is not connecting to AT&T WiFi. It did for a short time, then dropped. My wife’s phone, on the other hand, has stayed connected.

Just an FYI, WiFi calling may or may not work. I am on Anthem now and for some reason my phone is not connecting to AT&T WiFi. It did for a short time, then dropped. My wife’s phone, on the other hand, has stayed connected.

I had that same problem too. In my case, I told my phone to forget the Royal WiFi network, and then reconnected. That seemed to fix it.

I had that same problem too. In my case, I told my phone to forget the Royal WiFi network, and then reconnected. That seemed to fix it.

Good tip. Right after posting that, I rebooted my phone. When it came back up it connected so that fixed it too.