New to Explorer - which cabin to choose?

Hello! :)

New to Explorer and our last two cruises were both on Celebrity. Looking at an accessible stateroom for 3 for next August and have the following choices:

Accessible interior on deck 9 (sofabed)

Accessible interior with virtual balcony on deck 10

Accessible Promenade view guarantee (guessing deck 7)

(both these have rollaway bed)

Despite only having rollaway bed for our teenage daughter, I'm tempted by the virtual balcony on deck 10 as long as there isn't a lot of noise from the pool deck upstairs. All opinions welcome though as all these categories are new to me.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you. I think Deck 9 would be quieter but I'm slightly claustrophobic and worried about how I'd be without either a window or the "virtual" window. I quite like the idea of the Promenade view but again am a little worried about noise from parades etc as I do get sensory overload when pain is particularly high.

Thank you. I think Deck 9 would be quieter but I'm slightly claustrophobic and worried about how I'd be without either a window or the "virtual" window. I quite like the idea of the Promenade view but again am a little worried about noise from parades etc as I do get sensory overload when pain is particularly high.

Noise from the parades only last an hour or so, and it's fairly muffled. No chance for an OV stateroom?

Noise from the parades only last an hour or so, and it's fairly muffled. No chance for an OV stateroom?

Ah, ok, thank you. No, the only accessible OV is one of the large panoramic ones on Deck 12 and it's over my budget. :loudcry:

I know. At least accessible cabins are bigger than usual though. Every cloud...☺️

Oh, yeah, duh. Sorry. Somehow my brain didn't process that part of your post.

Although I have never heard of an accessible guarantee, I would take the Promenade cabin.

We had a promenade view on deck 6 on this very ship, no noticeable noise from the parade and it was during the early evening anyways. We loved our room!! go for it

My parents have stayed in the Deck 9 accessible cabins 9553 & 9557 and I think they were spacious and not claustrophobic even with the sofa out. I have some photos which I will try and post...hopefully they will help you make your decision. (These two rooms are a mirror image of each other).

Good luck!

8ff26506c5355463715eb57d0b152e98.jpg6cd1b0c3954b7713630e057fa1cffcc3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much, adelaidemay! That's great. I'm not sure the virtual balcony is worth potential noise from the pool deck. So it's a fully windowless interior but with double sofabed OR a promenade with rollaway....

I don't suppose anyone has photos of a deck 7 promenade - accessible or not?

Thank you!

We had a promenade view on deck 6 on this very ship, no noticeable noise from the parade and it was during the early evening anyways. We loved our room!! go for it

Thanks everyone - going to go for the deck 7 promenade and enjoy the people-watching. :):)