2020 Alaska itineraries

ZapRowsdower

The others are correct. The 2020 Alaska Cruises won't be released until late November early December.

You could however book a similar 2019 cruise as a phantom booking and then transfer reservation to the 2020 booking when it becomes available. That way you will get the perks from booking on the cruise.

The others are correct. The 2020 Alaska Cruises won't be released until late November early December.

You could however book a similar 2019 cruise as a phantom booking and then transfer reservation to the 2020 booking when it becomes available. That way you will get the perks from booking on the cruise.

Thank you all.

How does the phantom booking work? Is there any risk of not being able to get it moved to the 2020 cruise that I want, once those are released?

Make sure that you get the booking with the refundable deposit, not the non-refundable one, since there is that option now. The price is about $100 per person different.

Tell the reservations agent your plan, and they will help you out. Normal part of business.

Thank you all.

How does the phantom booking work? Is there any risk of not being able to get it moved to the 2020 cruise that I want, once those are released?

Agree with the others that you should book the refundable fare. No downside in my opinion except you have the deposit outstanding. If a U.S. booking you can cancel or transfer without penalty up until final payment. If you decide not to take a cruise you can also cancel for a complete refund up until final payment date.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about booking on board this July for Alaska in 2019 and then transferring to 2020 when we really want to take the kids and grandkids to celebrate with us. My one question is if we book two veranda cabins in July for 2019, can we change it to a FV and a veranda when the new itineraries come out? Yes, I would be booking refundable fares.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about booking on board this July for Alaska in 2019 and then transferring to 2020 when we really want to take the kids and grandkids to celebrate with us. My one question is if we book two veranda cabins in July for 2019, can we change it to a FV and a veranda when the new itineraries come out? Yes, I would be booking refundable fares.

Yes you can transfer it to any class of cabin. The main thing you want to do is to transfer the reservation using the reservation number from when you booked on board. You can do this by asking your TA or calling Captains Club. I've done it numerous times.

At one point the also had a future booking (without a designated cruise) that had the benefits attached.

Thanks Jim. I know we once booked a Panama Canal cruise while onboard simply because it was the farthest out booking they could offer and later I found THE Venice to Barcelona trip I really wanted and the transfer was pretty easy but for Alaska my first thought went to putting my son and his family in FV cabin and the two of us in a regular verana...but I also need to price out a suite but I think 6 of us even in a big suite would be a bathroom overload.