Bubbles question

I've read a lot of posts and since I am a big pop person it looks like it would be worth it for us since I don't want to bring it from the room. I'm assuming besides ordering pop at meals we can order juices that we would otherwise have to pay for - is that correct?

I've read a lot of posts and since I am a big pop person it looks like it would be worth it for us since I don't want to bring it from the room. I'm assuming besides ordering pop at meals we can order juices that we would otherwise have to pay for - is that correct?
Not just at meals, but you can do it at any bar on board except the Alchemy Bar and order a soda, a glass of juice or even a combo of both. A Sprite Zero with pineapple juice is a very refreshing morning drink.

As SNJCruisers mentioned mocktails made for soda and juice combinations are also covered by the Bubbles program. there is no "official" mocktail menu. As long as a bartender has the ingredients to make the mocktail they will do so, just be warned beyond a Shirley Temple and Roy Roger you might have to walk the bartender through the recipe.

Some of my favorites are:

Virgin Sunrise = orange, pineapple, and grapefruit juices mixed with sprite and splash of grenadine.

Afterglow = orange and pineapple juice with a heavy dose of grenadine syrup

Virgin Mimosa = orange juice and ginger ale or sprite

Cranberry Kiss = club soda or seltzer with cranberry juice, ginger ale or sprite may also be used

Cinderella = ginger ale w/ orange and pineapple juices and fresh squeezed lemon, simple syrup or agave syrup may also be added

Virgin Mary = tomato & lemon juice accented with Worcestershire & Tabasco sauce

Basically any combination of juices &/or sodas with modest additions of bar syrups or sauces should be covered as long as the blender is not needed to make them.

What part of the Midwest to you grow up in?

Pop Midwest

Soda South

OP is listed as Michigan. Pop is also much of the Great Lakes (MI, OH, PA, NY, ON [Canada]). Soda is pretty much anywhere else. I thought South was Coke - Waitress: "What type of Coke would you like?" Customer: "Sprite (or if in the Carolinas, Cheer Wine)."

What part of the Midwest to you grow up in?

Pop Midwest

Soda South

I've lived in the Midwest my entire life and have always called it soda! LOL!

As far as the OP's question, yes, like the others said, you can get the juices too. Our son wasn't much into soda when he first went a few years ago. So he would get pineapple juice. And our dinner beverage guy was good, he brought him 2 every time!

I grew up in Texas and we always just referred to all sodas as “coke”. Lol we ask if you want a coke and then ask what kind. I find it so funny when I hear it referred to as pop. I think of lollipops.

Interesting to know about the different juice mixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I grew up in Texas and we always just referred to all sodas as “coke”. Lol we ask if you want a coke and then ask what kind. I find it so funny when I hear it referred to as pop. I think of lollipops.

Interesting to know about the different juice mixes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The full term is soda pop.

I'm in the South, and I have heard Coke and cold drink. I hate both, but I really hate when someone says cold drink. Milk is a cold drink, but that doesn't make it pop.

I say pop because my mom's side of the family is from Iowa. She even got my dad to say it, and he was from Louisiana.

The following beverages are offered through Bottomless Bubbles (flavors may vary):

• Soft Drinks/Soda: Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Caffeine Free Coke, Sprite, Spite Zero, Orange Fanta, Mr. Pibb, Barqs Root Beer, Tonic Water, Club Soda and Ginger Ale
  • Juices: Orange Juice, Cranberry Juice, Tomato Juice, Pineapple Juice and Grapefruit Juice

OP is listed as Michigan. Pop is also much of the Great Lakes (MI, OH, PA, NY, ON [Canada]). Soda is pretty much anywhere else. I thought South was Coke - Waitress: "What type of Coke would you like?" Customer: "Sprite (or if in the Carolinas, Cheer Wine)."

I'm from Georgia. Everything is coke :')

Illinois (at least Northern Illinois) is a pop area too.

When I first moved to Florida someone asked me if my store served Coke and I told them sorry, we don't have pop here. She stopped and went "oh....you're not from around here, are you?" Six years later and I'm fully assimilated to soda, it feels weird to even write pop now!

And to confirm other answers to the OP, yep! You can order the juices at dinner for no charge (they are free for everyone at breakfast/sea day brunch in the MDR). You can also order soda or juice from almost every bar on the ship for no charge. Also, if you bring your own cup to the bars, they will usually fill that for you, even if it is bigger than the somewhat small-ish cup they usually use at the bar. They probably figure it'll just save them trips to fill your cup. Keep in mind that it is usually cans of soda instead of fountain soda, so it's usually a little warm and then poured over ice so it'll get a little watered down. My husband is a huge soda drinker and brings his Yeti, which seems to keep the watered down soda situation just a little better-plus they always fill it, which is about a can and a half worth, so less trips to the bar for him.

• 3 weeks later...
As SNJCruisers mentioned mocktails made for soda and juice combinations are also covered by the Bubbles program. there is no "official" mocktail menu. As long as a bartender has the ingredients to make the mocktail they will do so, just be warned beyond a Shirley Temple and Roy Roger you might have to walk the bartender through the recipe.

Some of my favorites are:

Virgin Sunrise = orange, pineapple, and grapefruit juices mixed with sprite and splash of grenadine.

Afterglow = orange and pineapple juice with a heavy dose of grenadine syrup

Virgin Mimosa = orange juice and ginger ale or sprite

Cranberry Kiss = club soda or seltzer with cranberry juice, ginger ale or sprite may also be used

Cinderella = ginger ale w/ orange and pineapple juices and fresh squeezed lemon, simple syrup or agave syrup may also be added

Virgin Mary = tomato & lemon juice accented with Worcestershire & Tabasco sauce

Basically any combination of juices &/or sodas with modest additions of bar syrups or sauces should be covered as long as the blender is not needed to make them.

awesome//thanks.....we do call it coke in the south

awesome//thanks.....we do call it coke in the south

Yep, it's all coke. The brand known by that name elsewhere is called "Co-cola" here.

As in "Pick up some cokes at the store: get some 7-ups, some Diet Pepsis and some Co-Colas."

Yup. It's all Coke in the south. Not soda.