Average passenger mix and homeports

As someone who has to fly to any of the US ports, I've found this thread pretty interesting. I've researched sailings from NY/NJ, Galveston, Baltimore but usually seem to end up sailing from one of the FL ports. NY/NJ usually seem to be more expensive both due to hotels and the cruise fares are not always as good. I do think we will probably end up trying one from Galveston at some point as I've seen some good fares from there even though we will still have to fly.

I'm also a little jealous. Sailing in the winter always requires flying in plenty early just in case of bad weather at home even though we've only been delayed once in the 23 years we've lived in Minnesota.

If I had to fly I would only fly to Florida unless I want to sail to Alaska or overseas. More choices closer to Caribbean ports.

Exceptions would be cruises to Bermuda or Southern Caribbean

Sailed From Southampton a few years ago about 2500 Brits 400 us and 180 Canadians, other nationalities made up the rest. This info came from the cruise director. I will say the British know how to party, I would love to cruise from England again.

Ahh, Cheers Armac ! Probably something to do with all the 'free' drink packages we get from the UK !! ;p

I've cruised out of Dubai, UK, MIA, SEA, BOS, Glaveston and in September New York. Loving meeting up with all different folk from all over the world

READ the thread...once again your information is mostly wrong probably because you only sail from Florida to the Carib. to get a tan. :rolleyes:

Why Why Why .... don't understand the unpleasentness to this poster - doesn't really matter if she gets things slightly wrong

Why Why Why .... don't understand the unpleasentness to this poster - doesn't really matter if she gets things slightly wrong

You would have to know the history.

The poster referred to replies to almost every thread with often incorrect info, and never comes back.

She's very interested in tanning[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We have done lots of cruises out of Galveston, 4 in last 4 years and there are many Texans , too many , music scheduled will have a texan influence which is not to my taste.

You've cruised out of Galveston four times in four years but you don't like it. Who keeps booking these cruises? LOL

BTW, you can never have too many Texans! :p

Huge and huge.

Many cruisers are "drive-to only"

There are Pinnacles who reached that level sailing ONLY on the Explorer out of Cape Liberty.

There are Grandeur cruisers who have only sailed on Grandeur and Enchantment.

There are lots of Texans (and residents of adjoining states) who have only sailed on whatever ship goes out of Galveston. It's lucky for them that RC keeps changing those ships!

Yes, we have been lucky in Galveston with ships. Many who sail from Galveston are from neighboring states like Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas (my home). Many of us don’t drive as far as folks who live in Texas. My unsubstantiated opinion is that folks who sail from Texas are friendlier and helpful. I know that may be a stereotype, but I find that over and over again.

You would have to know the history.

The poster referred to replies to almost every thread with often incorrect info, and never comes back.

She's very interested in tanning[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you John and LaLa..I was going to suggest to sgmn who only has 139 posts that he/she just keep reading. I probably shouldn't reply to cb's posts, but she is so wrong a lot of the time (not all) that I feel bad for newbies reading her inaccurate stock posts. I'm going to try harder to be nicer. ;p

Thank you John and LaLa..I was going to suggest to sgmn who only has 139 posts that he/she just keep reading. I probably shouldn't reply to cb's posts, but she is so wrong a lot of the time (not all) that I feel bad for newbies reading her inaccurate stock posts. I'm going to try harder to be nicer. ;p

I may only have 139 posts but have been a member of cc for several years and have formed my own opinions.

Sue

Cruises out of New York also have quite a few Russians. Actually we have seen almost every nationality since Bayonne is so close to the international airports. We never know what language we will hear when we enter the elevators. Its quite nice to see the people from all over the world enjoy what we are enjoying.....Another reason to cruise out of NY.