Ship transfers Venice airport to cruise port

mmsoko

Have been researching options for transfers from Venice airport to cruise port.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with Princess transfers that they could share???

How direct is it? Do you wait a long time for other passengers flights to arrive? Is it a bus? Does it have a regular schedule?

How is luggage handled?

Any other comments would also be appreciated.

Have been researching options for transfers from Venice airport to cruise port.

Wondering if anyone has had experience with Princess transfers that they could share???

How direct is it? Do you wait a long time for other passengers flights to arrive? Is it a bus? Does it have a regular schedule?

How is luggage handled?

Any other comments would also be appreciated.

It has been a couple of years, but I don't remember waiting too long. It will depend on when your flight arrives. We were transferred on a bus. Typically you would give your luggage to the driver, then reclaim it when you get to the port where a porter would get it on the ship.

i did this last year. there were either a lot of cruise folks on my flight or there were a lot of flights arriving around the same time. we collected our luggage and headed right out to the bus. luggage is handled the same as other cruises. you take it with you to the bus and it magically arrives in your cabin.

We used a Princess transfer two years ago. I remember we had to push our luggage a fair distance to the bus (it certainly wasn’t a situation where we simply claimed it at baggage claim and handed it over to someone). I remember wondering how people with mobility impairments could have handled it, but they would possibly have had more offers of assistance.

We didn’t have to wait for the bus to fill before it left for the port. After a group of us who had all arrived about the same time boarded the bus, it departed.

We used a Princess transfer two years ago. I remember we had to push our luggage a fair distance to the bus (it certainly wasn’t a situation where we simply claimed it at baggage claim and handed it over to someone). I remember wondering how people with mobility impairments could have handled it, but they would possibly have had more offers of assistance.

We didn’t have to wait for the bus to fill before it left for the port. After a group of us who had all arrived about the same time boarded the bus, it departed.

you're right, it was a long walk with our luggage. i wondered why they couldn't get the buses any closer for a fairly quick pick up.

We did the water taxi in 2016 and it was about 35 Euro per person if I remember. You have a nice tour of the islands of Venice from the water before getting to the port. Even in the rain on our cruise it was a nice 45-60 minutes trip. We were staying at the Hilton Molino Stuckey before our cruise which has a water taxi stop and our DD was staying at another hotel also at a water taxi stop. We then took the same water taxi to the pier two days later.

The water taxi dock is a far distance. You go up one level in an elevator just outside the terminal. The route is enclosed and has moving walkways like in an airport. If you use a luggage cart then the walkway is not accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used the Princess transfer for disembarkation in Venice. We did wait for the bus to fill, it took about 25 minutes to get to the airport, and our luggage was waiting for us on the curb, having been delivered earlier apparently. I know this doesn’t help much with embarkation, but maybe it’ll give some info at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had the Princess transfer a couple of years ago when we boarded the Island.

After collecting our cases from Baggage reclaim we met the rep and handed our cases to one of there staff who loaded them on to a large trolley. We waited about 10 mins then had the longish walk to the coach.

I think we had to pick out our cases at the port but i'm not sure.

Last year we spent a few days there with the in laws before they got on the NCL Star our plan was to get the water taxi to the centre. But there was a national transport strike and they weren't running on the day we arrived. So we had to hire private taxi, She was a reasonable price and got us there quickly. The water taxi is much more a scenic route i'm told though.

Jules