Misleading shore excursion description

ZapRowsdower

Take a look at this shore excursion description: https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/single-detail?itemID=100000003350636119

Massachusetts is a hotbed of cultural and historical landmarks, and Boston Harbor is among the state's most iconic locales. Your New England escape begins at the harbor where the Boston Tea Party famously took place. You'll hop on the USS Constitution to the tourist hot spot of Quincy Market. The USS Constitution is a relic steeped in historical significance as well. And aboard offers the rare opportunity to experience a special segment of historicity. Named by President George Washington, the USS Constitution is one of the world's oldest active commissioned naval vessels. And while the wooden-hulled, three-masted frigate no longer fires cannons, she's more than capable of transporting you on a leisurely ride to Quincy Market. Upon arrival at Quincy Market, you'll have an entire waterfront market to explore at your whim. From fine dining to shopping, be prepared to create lasting memories in one of the United States' indelible destinations. BX64

Excursion Highlights:

• Visiting Boston's historical landmarks.
  • A scenic cruise aboard the USS Constitution.
  • Shopping and dining at Quincy Market.

There is no way that the USS Constitution ferries tourists around. Thoughts?

no, the tour you saw on TripAdvisor is not a cruise ON the USS Constitution, it's a cruise TO the historic ship. It's called the USS Constitution Cruise but read carefully and you'll see:

"This 45-minute journey visits “Old Ironsides,” with the option to disembark for a tour of the famous ship and USS Constitution Museum."

Old Ironsides will remain firmly tied up throughout!

Now as for whatever the shorex department dreamed up for the Celebrity excursion, that's anyone's guess, but I'm thinking that they may also be planning a ride with Capt. Kirk on a certain stage prop....."beam me up"

I don't know for sure but on tripadvisor there is a tour starting at $25pp for a 45 minute cruise on the USS constitution.

That is a cruise on another vessel that makes a stop at the USS Constitution. The USS Constitution does not sail (aside from extremely rarely and it is not passenger cruises).

It is used, but not to ferry passengers. The first article mentioned that approximately every 20 years she travels to go into dry dock for repairs. The second article is about a lottery for later this year where passengers do actually get to sail on her as part of two special voyages, but it is a very, very rare occurrence (probably the first time in many years passengers will sail on her) and is not a regular event that could be part of a cruise ship excursion.

I may be wrong about this (and you definitely don't routinely cruise on the Constitution!) but I think that when she isn't in extended dry dock for repairs, the crew takes her out every year or so, does a couple of turns in the harbor and then redocks. This is necessary for her to retain the status of active Navy war vessel (she is the oldest in continuous Naval service in the country, maybe in the world). Any Navy or ex-Navy on the board that could comment.

We are on the cruise that this excursion goes with - I read that blurb/blub and had a chuckle, the Celebrity website strikes again.

It is used, but not to ferry passengers. The first article mentioned that approximately every 20 years she travels to go into dry dock for repairs. The second article is about a lottery for later this year where passengers do actually get to sail on her as part of two special voyages, but it is a very, very rare occurrence (probably the first time in many years passengers will sail on her) and is not a regular event that could be part of a cruise ship excursion.

It's certainly a curious ad, for sure.

I was born and raised in Boston. Lived there for 36 years until we moved South years ago. I even worked in the city as wells. The Constitution, Old Ironsides, was never used expect for the turnaround cruise on July 4th. And, that wasn't a yearly thing either. A few other times it went out. Unless things have changed and I could be wrong, this is doubtful.

And, odder is that you cannot sail to Quincy Market, Faneuil Hall. You have to dock at Long Wharf on either side of the Marriott and walk across Atlantic Ave. It really isn't a waterfront market by any means as they lead you to believe. You cannot see Faneuil Hall either from Long Wharf.

That is totally wrong! I live on the north shore of Boston .. Old Iron sides does not take tourists out, except in very, very controlled conditions. (like the upcoming lottery sailings) She will go out sometimes on the 4th for a turn around, and I think she went out with one of the tall ship festivals .. not sure. She is available for tours. And previous posters are 100% correct .. cannot dock at faneuil Hall!

Have you contacted celebrity about the errors in this shore excursion description?