Is there a soda machine at the port where you board the Norwegian Star?

cruiseagona

I am wondering if there is a soda machine at the Port of Los Angeles once you pass through security to board the Norwegian Star? I would like to load up on some bottles of Coke. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

I don’t know about LA, but in Tampa there was a soda machine after check in, just before boarding the ship, but a security person there warned us that we would not be allowed to take what we purchased onto the ship. When they say no outside beverages, apparently they mean it. Even if it was purchased in their own port area!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You cannot bring any liquids on, other then wine and you have to pay the corkage fees. There is usually soda/carbonate waters machine in the gym/fitness room but I don’t remember how much they charged. I’ve also seem them in the arcade on a few ships.

You cannot bring any liquids on, other then wine and you have to pay the corkage fees. There is usually soda/carbonate waters machine in the gym/fitness room but I don’t remember how much they charged. I’ve also seem them in the arcade on a few ships.

While this is the case, the OP wants Coke, not Pepsi. If the port has a soda machine in the check in area, after security screening, it is possible to get some bottles/cans from the machine and put in your bag.

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to the OPs question. I wish the cruise lines would just treat us like adults.

I wish the cruise lines would just treat us like adults.
And that is exactly what they are doing. Experience shows that adults cheat and steal and act as if the rules do not apply to them. Hence the "no outside liquids" restrictions.

Be warned, there might be a second security screening ON the ship on the promenade as you board.

It has happened to us on some cruises but not all. Since the Star has a promenade, it's likely NCL will put up the X-ray machine there.

Be warned, there might be a second security screening ON the ship on the promenade as you board.

It has happened to us on some cruises but not all. Since the Star has a promenade, it's likely NCL will put up the X-ray machine there.

Ditto. Last cruise we took on NCL there was a second screening machine onboard.