time of sailing

tony rac

hi all anyone know what time the celebrity reflection sails from fort lauderdale in november as we want to drop off bags before we get on ....then go shopping at sawgrass (about 15 mins away ) then get on ship as normal ....... also anyone got a info on a good cab/limo price from miami to fl for 4ad..1 toddler and plenty of bags

Not that it matters but it's more like 30 min away. Have you thought about renting a car from Miami to drop off at FLL? That way you could drive to Sawgrass Mills and not worry about the luggage.

I've never dropped luggage off this early but I've heard people going to the port around 10:00 before.

And lastly, there is nothing magical about Sawgrass. 80% of the shops are what you'd find at your local outlet (we live here). I'd much rather spend that time on the ship rather than an outlet mall.

Have fun!

I will explain what happened to us a few years ago and you can take away what you wish. We were doing a cruise with wife’s mother and wife’s aunt. Her aunt got sick and could not go at the last moment. We had all the luggage tags and accidentally used one of the aunts. A number of pieces did not arrive in the cabin so I went to customer service. All the luggage was in what we now call the “naughty” room. They had been held because she did not check in for the cruise. Apparently the cross check the luggage at some point so you could have a minor problem depending on how long after you drop the bags off, you actually check in.

hi all anyone know what time the celebrity reflection sails from fort lauderdale in november as we want to drop off bags before we get on ....then go shopping at sawgrass (about 15 mins away ) then get on ship as normal ....... also anyone got a info on a good cab/limo price from miami to fl for 4ad..1 toddler and plenty of bags

Your itinerary documents will confirm the time, but from what I was able to find on the Celebrity website Reflection departs at 4:00 PM, which means you will likely need to be on board by about 2:30 PM. You can drop your luggage off at around 10:00 - 10:30 AM and, if desired, begin normal boarding around 11:00 - 11:30.

The concerns I would have with dropping your luggage off and then leaving and boarding later would be that there will be considerable traffic entering and departing the port at that time and that will likely add considerable time to your plans to go shopping. Port Everglades is very large and can have 6 or more ships in port at the same time.

While the shopping may only be a relatively short ways away, the traffic around the port during arrival and departure days can add delays to that. You will also need to consider transportation to and from your shopping as well - not sure how you plant to arrange that.

As to transportation to Port Everglades from MIA, there are a number of options including cabs (you would need a van most likely), Uber, Lift, Limo's, shuttles, etc., for which I would suggest looking as a start on the East Coast Departures board here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415

Just my opinion but if it were me I would forgo the shopping and just board early and enjoy the day on board with lunch and exploring the ship.

I would not drop any bags if folks are still departing from the previous cruise. If you really want to shop, I'd do the rental car thing, and take my bags with me in the trunk.

Why? When you depart a ship you retrieve your luggage inside the pier at the baggage carousel and carry then out with you in your possession to your transportation.

When you drop bags off they are handled by a porter into the outside racks, tagged for your stateroom. They then are handled separately by the porters to the ship loading area.

Two separate and distinct processes. Not sure what point you are trying to make.

Edited by leaveitallbehind