Unlimited Internet Packages

So_Tweetie

I am so happy to see that Princess has added unlimited internet pricing (PrincessCONNECT) to the Coral Princess!! I was on the ship for 15 days in November and one secret I will take to my grave is the price I paid for internet by the minute on that cruise. The internet manager suggested I try writing it off on my taxes 😂

I am boarding again on Weds for a week in Alaska and see they now have tiered unlimited pricing: Social $59.99, Surf $79.99 and Premium $109.99. These rates were apparent markdowns from the original rates of $69.99, $99.99 and $139.99 for the week.

I'm inclined to believe that my Panama Canal cruise funded this opportunity for everyone, I can't be 100% sure but THANK YOU PRINCESS! ;p

I know a lot of people love to disconnect on a cruise, but that's just out of the question for me if we're talking more than two days. I don't need much, just Twitter and Instagram. Will you buy an unlimited internet package on your next cruise if it's offered? I pre-paid for the $59.99 Social package.

Edited by So_Tweetie
Updating pricing info

I am boarding again on Weds for a week in Alaska and see they now have tiered unlimited pricing: Social $59.99, Surf $79.99 and Premium $109.99. These rates were apparent markdowns from the original rates of $69.99, $99.99 and $139.99 for the week.

If you can, please ask on board what the Platinum/Elite passengers get in the way of an Internet benefit and post the answer here.

Will it be minutes as in the past?

Will it be one of the three unlimited packages?

Will it be minutes with an option to get an unlimited package at a discount?

Other?

Thanks

If you can, please ask on board what the Platinum/Elite passengers get in the way of an Internet benefit and post the answer here.

Will it be minutes as in the past?

Will it be one of the three unlimited packages?

Will it be minutes with an option to get an unlimited package at a discount?

Other?

Thanks

Sure, will do! I'm curious as well, I'm elite and saw no indication of any special discount on the internet in cruise personalizer.

On other ships that have the unlimited packages' date=' the platinum and elite benefit was the middle (Surf) package.[/quote']

Good to know! I guess I'm an eager beaver. The internet manager told me in November that there was one ship already offering unlimited internet and he did mention it would be free for elites. I just remembered that... even better!! Maybe I'll have a $60 OBC for happy hours now.

I just got off the Grand last week and had the Premium package. While things were unclear before boarding, it turns out the package is for 500 MB per day of high speed data, and then unlimited throttled back data after that. You can be logged into one device at at time under the plan, and do not need to log out when finished - just let us run and you have internet all day. While it was very slow, it did work out quite well for me.

I just got off the Grand last week and had the Premium package. While things were unclear before boarding, it turns out the package is for 500 MB per day of high speed data, and then unlimited throttled back data after that. You can be logged into one device at at time under the plan, and do not need to log out when finished - just let us run and you have internet all day. While it was very slow, it did work out quite well for me.

I'd rather it be unclear before boarding than not offered at all ;p Did you encounter any issue with using too much data while staying logged in all day? Thank you for the information, this is very helpful!

I'd rather it be unclear before boarding than not offered at all ;p Did you encounter any issue with using too much data while staying logged in all day? Thank you for the information, this is very helpful!
No, I was fine! I was able to upload pictures, check social media a bit, read some articles, and stay connected to email (I have my own business so unfortunately can't completely unplug) just fine! I was happy with the service especially for the price. The loyalty benefit still exists - you either use your free minutes like before or get a discount on one of the packages!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

So_Tweetie, love your YouTube videos! I was on the Grand over Easter and had the mid tier plan. Never any issues with being able to post. Oddly YouTube was blocked on my Kindle but I was able to use the app to stream on my phone.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

The loyalty benefit still exists - you either use your free minutes like before or get a discount on one of the packages!

Going on the Grand next week and am eligible for the free minutes. Were you able to upgrade to the unlimited when you signed up on your device, or did you have to go to the internet desk?

I signed up for the mid tier plan in the personalizer and paid for it, but now I am wondering if I jumped the gun and should cancel and wait until I get onboard and see what the upgrade to unlimited price is?

Thanks for your advice.

Interesting! I’ll move to Platinum in the middle of my next cruise since it is a B2B. We get internet in most ports though now thanks to Sprint, so I think we can get by without the unlimited on our trip. On our last vacation in the Cook Islands we paid about $75 over two weeks for a bit of internet but that was mostly to check in on the dog and work, which I can do on port days. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going on the Grand next week and am eligible for the free minutes. Were you able to upgrade to the unlimited when you signed up on your device, or did you have to go to the internet desk?

I signed up for the mid tier plan in the personalizer and paid for it, but now I am wondering if I jumped the gun and should cancel and wait until I get onboard and see what the upgrade to unlimited price is?

Thanks for your advice.

It looked like it was the same cost onboard! I should be able to cancel and purchased again but I am not sure about upgrading. I suspect that wouldn't be an issue in person with the Internet Manager!

It looked like it was the same cost onboard! I should be able to cancel and purchased again but I am not sure about upgrading. I suspect that wouldn't be an issue in person with the Internet Manager!

This might depend on the internet manager. We've had some great ones and one who was basically a jerk. He did what needed to be done, but blamed the difficulties on my 20something, very computer literate daughter. It made me laugh because on the previous cruise, she and the internet manager got into a highly technical discussion of things that I understood on only a superficial level and they agreed to meet up another time to discuss whatever this was that was of interest to both of them.

I know that whatever had caused the difficulty in the account, it was not daughter's error. From then on, she started taking screen caps to demonstrate to the manager that it hadn't been her issue!

Good to know! I guess I'm an eager beaver. The internet manager told me in November that there was one ship already offering unlimited internet and he did mention it would be free for elites.

The above mentioned ship may be the Regal which had the free unlimited because the promised Ocean Medallion system was not available as promised.

The loyalty benefit still exists - you either use your free minutes like before or get a discount on one of the packages!

The discount unlimited benefit seems to be what the normal offer will be.

We’re sailing a trans-atlantic from Copenhagen in September on the Regal that was sold, when we booked (9 months ago), as an “Ocean Medallion” sailing. I had heard that they offered earlier cruises free internet to make up for the missing Ocean Medallion system. I called Princess to see if we’d also have free internet and was told that since the cruise is now being called an “Ocean Medallion Preview” that no perks would be given. I played my “Elite” card and told the person that sounded a little like “bait-n-switch” to me. She agreed and elevated my concern up to “marketing” and even tried to get them to at least throw in a free specialty dining. No luck!! Maybe it was two people who didn’t have the facts ... but that’s what I was told.

I'm curious to know if the Social Package (Unlimited access to the most popular social websites and applications.*) would include texts? I think I could live without checking Yahoo email -- especially since I would be able to do that while in ports of call on our upcoming Alaskan cruise. I hate the thought of paying $99 for the Surf Package. Any thoughts????

I'm traveling on Ruby Princess in April 2019.. does anyone know if they will be adding this option to more Princess ships? I am self employed and it would really help me a lot to be able to at least keep tabs on email.

We’re sailing a trans-atlantic from Copenhagen in September on the Regal that was sold, when we booked (9 months ago), as an “Ocean Medallion” sailing. I had heard that they offered earlier cruises free internet to make up for the missing Ocean Medallion system. I called Princess to see if we’d also have free internet and was told that since the cruise is now being called an “Ocean Medallion Preview” that no perks would be given. I played my “Elite” card and told the person that sounded a little like “bait-n-switch” to me. She agreed and elevated my concern up to “marketing” and even tried to get them to at least throw in a free specialty dining. No luck!! Maybe it was two people who didn’t have the facts ... but that’s what I was told.
I am on the same cruise as you. Go on the booking summary page of

your personalizer and scroll down to "Plan Your Voyage". You will see an option for internet packages. Click on that. Scroll down on that page until you see this:

Captain's Circle Platinum & Elite Unlimited Benefit

During our Ocean Medallion Preview Cruises, we're pleased to provide Platinum and Elite guests with unlimited MedallionNet WiFi for one device per member. Just one more way we'd like to thank you for your loyalty.

I am on the same cruise as you. Go on the booking summary page of

your personalizer and scroll down to "Plan Your Voyage". You will see an option for internet packages. Click on that. Scroll down on that page until you see this:

Terrific. You’d think the folks at Princess would also know this. Thanks so much for the info!!

No, I was fine! I was able to upload pictures, check social media a bit, read some articles, and stay connected to email (I have my own business so unfortunately can't completely unplug) just fine! I was happy with the service especially for the price. The loyalty benefit still exists - you either use your free minutes like before or get a discount on one of the packages!

I’m on the Coral and just purchased the premium package at $119, which included the discount I got for Elite. As mentioned above, it was either free minutes or one of the package plans. 500mg/ day is plenty.

So_Tweetie, love your YouTube videos! I was on the Grand over Easter and had the mid tier plan. Never any issues with being able to post. Oddly YouTube was blocked on my Kindle but I was able to use the app to stream on my phone.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for watching my vlogs, I’m glad you enjoy them! Interesting that you could watch videos, I will have to try that! I’m onboard the Coral now and have decided to upgrade from Social to Surf because I found the lowest level too restrictive. So far so good with browsing speeds :D

Interesting! I’ll move to Platinum in the middle of my next cruise since it is a B2B. We get internet in most ports though now thanks to Sprint, so I think we can get by without the unlimited on our trip. On our last vacation in the Cook Islands we paid about $75 over two weeks for a bit of internet but that was mostly to check in on the dog and work, which I can do on port days. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$75 for two weeks is not bad! I have a Petzi and love to check on my kitties and give them treats while traveling 😋

I was able to activate and upgrade my package all on Princess @ Sea, no communication with the internet manager. The price to upgrade is discounted to reflect what’s already been paid for the lower tier:

This might depend on the internet manager. We've had some great ones and one who was basically a jerk. He did what needed to be done' date=' but blamed the difficulties on my 20something, very computer literate daughter. It made me laugh because on the previous cruise, she and the internet manager got into a highly technical discussion of things that I understood on only a superficial level and they agreed to meet up another time to discuss whatever this was that was of interest to both of them.

I know that whatever had caused the difficulty in the account, it was not daughter's error. From then on, she started taking screen caps to demonstrate to the manager that it hadn't been her issue![/quote']

I was being robbed of minutes on my last cruise with the loading screen going blank and even if I logged out (logout.com) and refreshed my page AND turned off my phone, it continued eating my time. I took screenshots and the internet manager refunded me for most of it. So glad that isn’t an issue anymore with the new system!