Oasis virgin....

Hi everyone

About to book a cruise on Oasis PC to Barcelona next April. Great deal here in the UK with the drinks package included, similar to a sailing we had on NCL Epic back in 2016.

Two questions...

1. If the drink package is offered 'FREE' as a promotion are the gratuities auto included or due on each drink 'purchased' at the point of issue? ...Remember this will be a UK booking as I think this could make a difference?

2. The package has speciality coffee included. Is this via Starbucks or alternative venues on board? Is it the full range of coffee offered & how do they compare to Starbucks if they are RC's own?

THANK YOU

Note that the Starbucks venue which is NOT included in the package, is just a few steps down the royal promenade from the café promenade, which is open 24 hours a day (except debarkation morning) where specialty coffees are included in the package. My husband is an early riser and the overnight crew learned how to use the machine to accommodate him at 4:30 each morning.

During daytime, there was a very nice but never smiley male worker at the café who took care of my husband, and knew he always wanted a bottle of water with his coffee drinks. We called him the sad barista as he was so serious, though he was always extremely courteous, obviously intelligent and very prompt and precise in his work. We also wondered if he was trained as an engineer or something in his native country but found he could make more money doing menial work on these cruise contracts. My husband specifically went back at the end of the cruise to tip the staff extra here for taking such great care of him all week.

The coffee drinks from this location were quite good per my husband who had at least 2 of them every day, and he specifically said they were the same quality as Starbucks. However that could be to each person's taste and palate, your mileage may vary!

1. Gratuities are included. Othong extra will be added on board

2. It does not include coffee from the stand alone Starbucks venue.

Thank you for your response.

Can anyone confirm/deny regarding the extra added on board? ...I think this is a US thing & in contrast bookings made within the UK are different, as in additional gratuities on individual drinks do not apply.

Can anyone confirm/deny regarding the extra added on board? ...I think this is a US thing & in contrast bookings made within the UK are different, as in additional gratuities on individual drinks do not apply.

Frank, the details of the package you purchased should state somewhere whether gratuities are included. I believe the ship's policy is likely the same in that gratuities are likely already included in the cost of drinks packages for all passengers, regardless of their location or booking type. There is some fine print that comes along with these packages. There are always slips to sign at the venue for every drink, even on the included packages, and they always include a line to add gratuities as many people add more.

These packages are generally set up to protect the interests of the crew, and they always knew the tips were included. I can't imagine them keeping straight that they might not be included for some passengers.

In your original post, you noted that you had been on NCL before. THEY add gratuities to the "free" beverage package. RC never has, and is not doing so now. :)