Travel to/from Port Canaveral to MCO

Hello,

Looking for suggestions... mostly to the Port to Lady O

Thinking of booking Contrans back to airport after our cruise.

Coming in day before cruise with family (4).

1) stay at hotel near airport and take a scheduled shuttle to Port in am

2) stay at Cocoa Beach hotel, rent car at airport, return car in am to Port location for rental (one way rental)

Or.....any other options?

What has worked best for you?

Who is a good one way rental car agency which has *easy drop off on cruise day with a shuttle to the port?

TIA [emoji4]

I would also pick option #2. By flying in the day before you understand things can go very wrong. I myself would want to get as close to the port as I could to prevent many headaches that may arise. I live 45ish miles from Port Canaveral and we leave at 9:00am when we cruise. Plenty of time for me to get out of the car and walk to the port if needed! LoL

Happy Cruising!!!!

2) stay at Cocoa Beach hotel, rent car at airport, return car in am to Port location for rental (one way rental)

TIA [emoji4]

I was a little apprehensive about this my first time sailing from Port Canaveral. I booked the Radisson on Astronaut Way and called them for their recommendation. They used Coco Beach Shuttle. It was affordable and fast.

Hello,

Looking for suggestions... mostly to the Port to Lady O

Thinking of booking Contrans back to airport after our cruise.

Coming in day before cruise with family (4).

1) stay at hotel near airport and take a scheduled shuttle to Port in am

Who is a good one way rental car agency which has *easy drop off on cruise day with a shuttle to the port?

TIA [emoji4]

We used Budget for before and after cruise. Before cruise was great.

After cruise was a disaster. Won't use them again at that franchisee location.

Bill

We used Budget for before and after cruise. Before cruise was great.

After cruise was a disaster. Won't use them again at that franchisee location.

Bill

The issue is when you picked up the car at MCO, or wherever, they didn't have 100 people all wanting to rent at the same time.

That's what happens when you want to pick the car up after a cruise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The issue is when you picked up the car at MCO, or wherever, they didn't have 100 people all wanting to rent at the same time.

That's what happens when you want to pick the car up after a cruise.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's what started this rental going downhill because the owner of the franchise didn't seem to have a clue.

We waited which was understandable as they were waiting for cruisers from the next cruise to drop off their vehicles.

When the vehicle we got was returned they basically took the keys from the driver and then called me to sign my paperwork. I didn't figure this part out until I was on the road.

I was told to return the car with a full tank of gas since that is the way I was getting it. Only once on the road I notice the car only has 1/4 tank of fuel.

That's the way I returned it and was charged $150 extra for not returning it with a full tank.

The current mileage on my rental was also not recorded when I received the vehicle as the vehicle had about 120 more miles on it than the contract stated.

Luckily when I noticed the gas gauge I took pictures of it which included the mileage.

When I showed the picture of the gas gauge and odometer I was told that the picture was from another vehicle and not the one I rented.

It took about 2 weeks going back and forth with Budget customer service having to send different documentation but they finally took the $150 off.

I should have listened to Bob and took Cortrans but our flight wasn't until 5:30pm so we wanted to stop at Disney Springs and kill some time.

Bill

I should have listened to Bob and took Cortrans

Bill

Smiled at this as it was one of the first bits of advice I took off this board. Being from the UK a car rental and driving in the States was not appealing and Cortrans worked out great.

We've used Goportcanaveral.com and been totally pleased. You can book your hotel and transportation through them as a package or book just the shuttle. We found it less expensive to book the hotel ourselves and use them just for the shuttle.