Last minute deals!

Are there such a thing as last minute deals? It appears that a month or so before each cruise the prices go up! If I called the cruise line like a day or two before a cruise do you think there are deals? My wife and I are retired and can sail at the last second. Has anyone done this ? Thanks

If I called the cruise line like a day or two before a cruise do you think there are deals?

Very unlikely - last minute for RCI nowdays is 30+ days out - inside of that many sailings are sold out or high priced.

If they actually had a number of cabins open the last week before sailing, I am sure they would let them go cheap.

But like the airlines these days, they are pretty full, so no reason to discount at the last minute.

I found one last June about 3 weeks out but, as others have posted, they're very uncommon these days... which of course sucks for those of us who live near a port and have flexible schedules.

it can happen. i got a last minute sailing for 4, last aug on the Oasis. It ended up being a inside handicap accessible room so it might have been held to the last min. I booked within a week of sailing and the price was as good as i paid this year for a inside cabin 8 months out.

The problem was i didnt have time to research anything, it was a new ship for us, and barely got the documents in. The online purchases closed the next day so i was get a few reservation for shows but we missed out on a few things.

overall it was great trip

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk