FTTF question (Faster to the Fun)

I tried to purchase FTTF today for my January 2019 cruise out of New Orleans and was a little surprised to discover it is already listed as "sold out." This is only my second cruise and I purchased FTTF previously about 3 months before the cruise with no problem.

My question for more experienced cruisers is whether or not more FTTF slots are likely to be opened up between now and January. If so, I'll check it daily to make sure I don't miss out. Otherwise, I guess I'll plan to get to the port as early as possible in hopes of being one of the first in line for the normal check in.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

Do keep checking back as they will likely open up FTTF again once final payment day has passed. Be persistent in looking for it's availability. ;)

ETA: I had to go back and look - on our last cruise FTTF had been sold out for quite some time but came available again a little less than 60 days ahead of our sail date.

I tried to purchase FTTF today for my January 2019 cruise out of New Orleans and was a little surprised to discover it is already listed as "sold out." This is only my second cruise and I purchased FTTF previously about 3 months before the cruise with no problem.

My question for more experienced cruisers is whether or not more FTTF slots are likely to be opened up between now and January. If so, I'll check it daily to make sure I don't miss out. Otherwise, I guess I'll plan to get to the port as early as possible in hopes of being one of the first in line for the normal check in.

Yes more will show up, just keep checking. Not last cruise but the one prior they were sold out, I checked twice a day for about a week and finally got one. Good luck!

Definitely keep checking. Our cruise is in July. When I tried to book FTTF back when we first booked our cruise, FTTF was sold out. I was able to get it today! My fingers are crossed for you!!

Although there may be some variation, FTTF generally first becomes available about 8 -9 months ahead. So, chances are that FTTF for your cruise was probably posted in late April or early May. I'm not sure how many are originally available. I remember someone saying that it's about 15 to begin with. Keep checking. There'll be more (eventually).

Follow-up question. Do you know WHY FTTF is not offered on Journey's cruises? A new cruiser is asking, since they were wanting to purchase for their Hawaii cruise next year.

I don't know from personal experience but have read here on CC it is because of the large number of Platinums and Diamonds who generally book these cruises.

Does anyone know why FTTF does not show up at all as an option in Shore Excursions for a September 2018 cruise?

It has not been released for some cruises out of certain ports. I know that Port Canaveral cruises are one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Follow-up question. Do you know WHY FTTF is not offered on Journey's cruises? A new cruiser is asking, since they were wanting to purchase for their Hawaii cruise next year.

FTTF is available on Journey cruises, as I purchased it for my Journey cruises in January . I purchased it in March so it was available.

How far in advanced is FTTF posted for a cruise? I am really wanting to get it for my August 31, 2019 sailing on the magic, but it is still saying they are working on excursions when I click on the port.

It's usually released about 8 months out from sailing and i'm right at 240 days as of today for mine (which is exactly 8 months) and still nothing is showing for FTTF. I'm about to give up on it and just head to the port later in the day.

How far in advanced is FTTF posted for a cruise? I am really wanting to get it for my August 31, 2019 sailing on the magic, but it is still saying they are working on excursions when I click on the port.

There is a thread started about a month ago wherein folks were reporting FTTF was available for Spring and Summer 2019 sailings (including ours).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2630152

There is a thread started about a month ago wherein folks were reporting FTTF was available for Spring and Summer 2019 sailings (including ours).

I saw that on a FB group I am in as well and have been checking everyday for about a month. It isn't even showing that it was there and sold out. I am wondering if they haven't released them for all the cruises or ports yet. I am hoping that is the case at least!!! I have had my heart set on being one of the first on the ship since our last cruise lol!!!

I called Carnival after reading that, because it was not showing up for my cruise out of Port Canaveral. They said it’s up to each ship and port when to release them, and some are still not offered for certain ports.

Just booked my cruise for September on conquest from ft lauderdale 3 weeks ago. Haven’t been on carnival in a couple of years. I saw a lot of people on the boards talking about FTTF. I looked under excursions said it was sold out. Had to call carnival last week about something. So I said to the lady I know FTTF is sold out, can you tell me exactly what it is. And she said I have 2 left. So I was able to get one. My suggestion would be to call also. You never know.

Just booked my cruise for September on conquest from ft lauderdale 3 weeks ago. Haven’t been on carnival in a couple of years. I saw a lot of people on the boards talking about FTTF. I looked under excursions said it was sold out. Had to call carnival last week about something. So I said to the lady I know FTTF is sold out, can you tell me exactly what it is. And she said I have 2 left. So I was able to get one. My suggestion would be to call also. You never know.

For my cruise, it’s not saying “sold out”, it says that “still working on excursions for this port”. I’ve called them twice, and they say they just aren’t released yet. I know I need to be patient, but that’s not one of my virtues. Lol!

For my cruise, it’s not saying “sold out”, it says that “still working on excursions for this port”. I’ve called them twice, and they say they just aren’t released yet. I know I need to be patient, but that’s not one of my virtues. Lol!

I wonder if they're purposely holding back on releasing it to increase demand since raising the price. Call me paranoid, but in a twisted way, it's a clever strategy to keep the demand up for it.

In any case, i'm the same way as you grandmarnnurse, no patience and i'm checking the Carnival site multiple times a day for months now. And I know the one day I forget to look, it will probably be released and sold out within hours!

I wonder if they're purposely holding back on releasing it to increase demand since raising the price. Call me paranoid, but in a twisted way, it's a clever strategy to keep the demand up for it.

In any case, i'm the same way as you grandmarnnurse, no patience and i'm checking the Carnival site multiple times a day for months now. And I know the one day I forget to look, it will probably be released and sold out within hours!

I read from someone else’s post that they wait to see how many Diamond and Platinum passengers they have first. Not sure how accurate that is, but I wanted it because it’s an Anniversary Cruise—-not the big one (49 years), and I wanted to surprise my hubby on embarkation day. The one thing he literally hates about Cruising is embarkation and debarkation. And he makes his feelings known, believe me, to the point he may say no more Cruising, and that would make me very sad. So, if I could snag that, it would lessen his grumpiness a bit (until he finds out I paid for it 😬). We’ve never had it, as we haven’t sailed with Carnival since 2007, and I don’t believe they had it then that I’m aware of. And both RCCL and NCL—what I’ve cruised since 2007–don’t have anything like that.

You may be right, also, about holding back to gauge demand since price went up.

BTW—the Big Anniversary—-the 50th is in 2020, and we are booked on the Magic. I will see how he reacts to it this time if I can get it when offered, and snag it again!

I read from someone else’s post that they wait to see how many Diamond and Platinum passengers they have first. Not sure how accurate that is, but I wanted it because it’s an Anniversary Cruise—-not the big one (49 years), and I wanted to surprise my hubby on embarkation day. The one thing he literally hates about Cruising is embarkation and debarkation. And he makes his feelings known, believe me, to the point he may say no more Cruising, and that would make me very sad. So, if I could snag that, it would lessen his grumpiness a bit (until he finds out I paid for it ). We’ve never had it, as we haven’t sailed with Carnival since 2007, and I don’t believe they had it then that I’m aware of. And both RCCL and NCL—what I’ve cruised since 2007–don’t have anything like that.

You may be right, also, about holding back to gauge demand since price went up.

BTW—the Big Anniversary—-the 50th is in 2020, and we are booked on the Magic. I will see how he reacts to it this time if I can get it when offered, and snag it again! ��

I wavered back & forth on FTTF last year as I've never used it either before then, but what a difference it was from my past cruises. I too hate waiting in lines to board and when I arrived at the port at 11am, I was in my cabin by 11:30 and now will always purchase it. At least when it's available.

And a happy 49th Anniversary to you!!:champagne-toast::champagne-toast: