Middle name on Cruise Documents

jmg62

We are cruising in July 2018. My question is this: Do you need your middle name on your cruise documents so that it matches your passport? Will I need to call in advance and have our middle names added for check in?

It would be wise to add your middle name, especially if your name would be considered common, but it is not absolutely required. I know that our reservations do not include middle names, but our last name is very uncommon.

DH has not had a problem & they usually do not put his middle name on airline docs just the initial

It is on the cruise docs but usually they just ask for our passport to compare with their records

We include our middle names on cruise documents. Like others have already suggested, since our middle names are on our passports, it just eliminates one (albeit, slight) possibility of an issue arising at check in.

They usually do state your cruise documents should match the names on your passport. If they are different, even if you don't have a problem boarding, you could have issues depending which countries you visit.

We are cruising in July 2018. My question is this: Do you need your middle name on your cruise documents so that it matches your passport? Will I need to call in advance and have our middle names added for check in?

We never have a problem without our middle names on cruise documents and we cruise quite often.

In over 100 cruises (with 14 cruise lines) we have never had an issue with middle names versus middle initials versus missing middle names. But when it comes to the flying it is important that the name on your ticket (including middle name) matches your government ID. Otherwise, you might have some issues with TSA and find yourself under increased scrutiny (and delays) when you try to pass through TSA security at an airport.

Hank

In over 100 cruises (with 14 cruise lines) we have never had an issue with middle names versus middle initials versus missing middle names. But when it comes to the flying it is important that the name on your ticket (including middle name) matches your government ID. Otherwise, you might have some issues with TSA and find yourself under increased scrutiny (and delays) when you try to pass through TSA security at an airport.

Hank

This is our experience as well - with the added caveat: you want your "frequent flyer" A/C name to also match your ticket and ID name -- Delta, in particular, seems finicky in this respect.