Anybody else been told you can't use Safari with the Celebrity Web

ccotting

Celebrity website is still screwy, but I did manage to log in with new user name (my email address) and new password, which I managed to set a couple of weeks ago. However I could not enter the Manage Your Reservation area. Here is the error message:

“To protect your privacy the booking has been locked. Please wait 20 minutes and try again or call us and our Vacation Planners will be happy to assist you finish planning your upcoming cruise.”

I really wanted to see what excursions they think they can offer on St. Martin. Booked on the Edge next February.

Using Safari on my iPad.

I haven't been able to get into the Celebrity website, it asks me for my security question, tells me my answer is wrong and that another user is using my email.

Speaking to Captain's Club I was told the problem is my web browser, that I must use Google Chrome.

I haven't had similar problems with any other website. Has anyone else been told this? Any Geeks out there with feedback? It seems bizarre to me for a major corporation to have their website fail to work with a major Apple platform.

Is Captain's Club now filling in for IT and Website support? Maybe you should ask for the number or email of technical IT support if it exists. We would all like to have that number!

I had to use the "reset password" method to get access, but at least it worked. Thank you for the suggestion!

I played the reset password game for about a week, but by changing my login name to my email address + resetting my password, it is all fixed. By the way, I use Safari.

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Is Captain's Club now filling in for IT and Website support? Maybe you should ask for the number or email of technical IT support if it exists. We would all like to have that number!
There was a thread about the change in ID and PW which was started by who I thought was a Celebrity rep. Someone posted on the thread about the problems they were having and were given this number: 1-866-755-2171, M - F, 7 am - 10 pm. I haven't tried the number so I can't speak to its validity.

Just a side note. My husband and I changed our PW and IDs when the new login was first announced. Some days I'm able to log in to Celebrity and RC; other days, only one or the other or neither. Same with my husband. Some days, my Crown and Anchor or Captain's Club status displays. On other days, our status doesn't show. We log in on Edge, Chrome, IE -- it makes no difference. It is not consistent over any of the browsers we use.

There was a thread about the change in ID and PW which was started by who I thought was a Celebrity rep. Someone posted on the thread about the problems they were having and were given this number: 1-866-755-2171, M - F, 7 am - 10 pm. I haven't tried the number so I can't speak to its validity.

Just a side note. My husband and I changed our PW and IDs when the new login was first announced. Some days I'm able to log in to Celebrity and RC; other days, only one or the other or neither. Same with my husband. Some days, my Crown and Anchor or Captain's Club status displays. On other days, our status doesn't show. We log in on Edge, Chrome, IE -- it makes no difference. It is not consistent over any of the browsers we use.

Thanks for providing the number!

One gal on my roll call keeps getting the 20 min lockout message when trying to Check in.

I was told by Celebrity that if anyone else is accessing your reservation ( Travel agent, Spouse, Celebrity Staff) at the same time, you will get the lockout notification.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'll bet that Apple would love to hear about their exclusive cruise partner recommending that users not use Safari...

--bruce T.

I thought exactly the same thing when I was told by their customer support that their website was not optimized for Apple products. Strange given that they sell Apple products on their ships, and have an iLounge as well.

At this point my iPad is fine with Safari, but I have to switch to Firefox on my MacMini

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't been able to get into the Celebrity website, it asks me for my security question, tells me my answer is wrong and that another user is using my email.

Speaking to Captain's Club I was told the problem is my web browser, that I must use Google Chrome.

I haven't had similar problems with any other website. Has anyone else been told this? Any Geeks out there with feedback? It seems bizarre to me for a major corporation to have their website fail to work with a major Apple platform.

Interesting I was just told that today. I tried to log into my Celebrity cruise account to check on prices and my bookings, but was unable to. It rejected my username, email address, password. So very frustrated, I called the reservations toll free phone # and the first question they asked is what search engine I was using. As soon as I said 'safari', they advised me to use google chrome. I changed to google chrome and no problem. Go figure....a big corporation.

Interesting I was just told that today. I tried to log into my Celebrity cruise account to check on prices and my bookings, but was unable to. It rejected my username, email address, password. So very frustrated, I called the reservations toll free phone # and the first question they asked is what search engine I was using. As soon as I said 'safari', they advised me to use google chrome. I changed to google chrome and no problem. Go figure....a big corporation.

Miss information fron non Geeks at Celebrity. They have to give you a temporary password over the phone.

Then try and login with that password. It will ask you to change it .

I use mainly use Firefox with Safari as a backup browser. Chrome from Google a very flaky browser. That's why it works.

If you research the issue you will find several discussion threads about the same issue and using all the different web sites. No single one is trouble free. Equally having thought I had sorted this I found the system had switched my account and that of my husband yet again so we had to repeat all our steps again. Some quick comments: it has to do with how the code has been written to tag your account to your information, in some cases (as in ours) similarity of information between spouses has led to difficulty. In others, the issue seems to simply be related to tagging to email not other information. For those individuals, the member information seems to be lost. As a dedicated apple fan I resonate with the response I received earlier from someone who remarked "apple must be thrilled to have one of their corporate partners suggesting clients use another product (I paraphrase)". Lucky you. I think this is poor coding and a lack of customer service response. Been through lots of migrations in my work life. This one stands out for both poor outcome and dreadful customer response.

I have had issues with both Safari and Firefox. Their website is less than user friendly. Had to phone on several occasions to have my account unlocked. No issues on the Holland America site. Celebrity has been working on this for years!!

Edited by bluesplayer
spelling

I had issues when they first launched the “improved” site. I fixed it by following suggestions here, then 2 days ago started with the same crap all over again. Same problem on all of my devices, all Apple products. No sense in contacting Celebrity because it seems different users get different excuses depending on that rep they talk to.

Between their website & their outrageous pricing, I rarely have a deisre to even check them anymore. Not worth the bother.