weather in caribbean in november

lancing2

Hi we have never been on a caribbean cruise in november as we normally go between january and march. I didn't check the weather until after I booked and it looks as if it rains a lot. Has anyone else been at this time of year and what was your experience. I am worried about pre booking excursions as it could be ruined by the weather.

thank you lancing2

This is the end of hurricane season so it could have some rain, but as with most rain in the Caribbean it would move through quickly unless it was associated with a larger storm. It will not likely be raining every day just because it is November. And remember hurricane season only means the time of year when conditions are most favorable for storms to develop, not any certainty that they will. The temps will be between 77 - 87 degrees F on average.

You also don't mention where in the Caribbean you will be. With the Southern itinerary, for example, a number of the far southern islands (Barbados the ABC's, etc.) are below the hurricane zone and would not normally be affected by those weather systems.

Beyond that generalization there is no way to predict the weather in advance. I would not allow that to prevent me from booking excursions if that is what I wanted to do in a given port of call.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Even in rain, excursions will go as planned. Only lightening would stop them, if it's a water excursion. The temps will be summer-like...it's summer year round in the Caribbean.

Bahamas and Bermuda are NOT in the Caribbean.

Hi we have never been on a caribbean cruise in november as we normally go between january and march. I didn't check the weather until after I booked and it looks as if it rains a lot. Has anyone else been at this time of year and what was your experience. I am worried about pre booking excursions as it could be ruined by the weather.

thank you lancing2

Unless you run into a storm the weather is similar year round. You might have rain, but it is usually in short bursts that last no more than an hour. I would not hesitate to go that time of year and would not worry about excursions. The worst case is that you need to take a poncho or rain jacket.

As per other replies, temperatures are broadly the same year-round.

Historically November is a little wetter.

It's rare for rain to be more than a short warm shower (which I find quite refreshing) then ten minutes later everything is dry as a bone.

We did have one full week of poor weather one November - the seas were a little rougher (a little less-calm might be more accurate) and skies were cloudy all week, but the following week was as gorgeous as usual. Luck of the draw.

We always find that Nov & the first part of Dec are the cheapest because many folk are involved in preparing for Christmas.

JB :)

Even in rain, excursions will go as planned. Only lightening would stop them, if it's a water excursion. The temps will be summer-like...it's summer year round in the Caribbean.

Bahamas and Bermuda are NOT in the Caribbean.

We had a snorkeling excursion canceled due to winds and visibility - there was no rain or lightening.

While Bahamas and Bermuda are in the Atlantic Ocean and not the Caribbean Sea, cruise lines sometimes include Bahamas in an Eastern Caribbean itinerary.

We used to go in November, but we changed to Jan/ Feb, because in our experience the weather was consistently better. November was lovely and warm and some sunny days, but frequent grey skies and warm rain.

Sandra