No more Coffee Cards

LARGIN

I sent a complaint to Princess using the online email form. It had a "desired outcome" space, so I asked for on-board credit equal to one coffee card on our upcoming cruise. We'll see what Princess's response is.
I finally heard back from Princess on Thursday. A rep called and left a voicemail saying that they were backed up and would be calling again in the next week or two to address my complaint.

Just off the CB, exchanged our mini bar for 2 coffee packages. They put it on the card with no issue, but your onboard account doens't show purchases made, so about middle of the cruise, we had to ask the bartender to tell me how many of the 15 we had left.

They need to put that on the onboard account so you don't have to ask all the time.

Has anyone purchased the coffee program with fewer specialty coffees & a lower price?

The terms & conditions state the number of specialty coffees are supposed to vary by itinerary. However that has not happened on my future cruises where both 14 and 7 day cruises are the same 15 specialty coffees for $35.65.

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

Just off the CB, exchanged our mini bar for 2 coffee packages. They put it on the card with no issue, but your onboard account doens't show purchases made, so about middle of the cruise, we had to ask the bartender to tell me how many of the 15 we had left.

They need to put that on the onboard account so you don't have to ask all the time.

Can you imagine all the questions and challenges they would get if they did this.

Just like the PBP, you only know your count if you ask...when they slide your card the usage comes up. Do u really want another thing on your OBA? I certainly do not.

I’m very disappointed about the change because I have several coffee cards that may go wasted now with the 8/19 cutoff! The least they could do would be to allow those who have cards with no expiration date to use them until they’re done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree...I used some extra OBC to stock up on 4 coffee cards, and our next cruise is in November. I can't use them all by then, so it seems the unused ones I bought will be useless...money wasted. :loudcry:

Edited by PrincessMelody

I agree...I used some extra OBC to stock up on 3 coffee cards, and our next cruise is in November. So it seems they will be useless...money wasted. :loudcry:

LOL....win some lose some;)...the way I would look at it if I didn't pay for the OBC..I didn't loose anything, but if I did then I would call Princess and ask for a refund.

I have several cards I accumulated the last few years, when exchanging the mini bar because of having the AIPB/PBP. Only DH drinks espresso( which isn't even worth a punch) But on our last 2 cruises because of the changes, have just given away the bar, except a few canned ginger-ales. Things change, life goes on....what can we do....still cruise and enjoy ourselves....

LOL....win some lose some;)...the way I would look at it if I didn't pay for the OBC..I didn't loose anything, but if I did then I would call Princess and ask for a refund.

That's a very strange outlook about on board credit. The credit is real dollars no matter how you came by it.

When someone uses it to purchase a product from Princess with their money and the promise that it can be used in the future, Princess should be held responsible to make good on the value of the card.

Having it stolen by the cruise line is certainly a low dirty way of doing business.

That's a very strange outlook about on board credit. The credit is real dollars no matter how you came by it.

When someone uses it to purchase a product from Princess with their money and the promise that it can be used in the future, Princess should be held responsible to make good on the value of the card.

Having it stolen by the cruise line is certainly a low dirty way of doing business.

+1

Srpilo