No more Coffee Cards

LARGIN

Well then it shouldn't take them long to get back what they paid for them! ;)

You pay for everything in one way of the other.

Not true, the crew has to suffer from a terrible decision that you are making. Of course you have the right to make your decision, but you should not blame the poor decision on someone else.

What other recourse have they left me? :confused:

Complaining directly to Princess doesn't see to do much good as some others have found out.

Yup! First the Happy Hour BOGO and now the coffee cards....These were the little niceties that Princess offered that they are now taking away.....it was what sets them apart from other cruise lines....now they are just falling in line with the others. I'm a stock holder as well.

Its not just the passengers who are fed up with the way Princess is going, we were just on an NCL ship and I recognized one of the senior officers as a long serving Princess employee.

I asked him why he left Princess and he said he didn't like the pennypinching changes and the way head office was micromanaging the officers to implement them, they were just on top of them the whole time.

BITD I would have put Princess way ahead of NCL in many ways, now I find NCL more generous and much less restrictive and tightfisted.

When NCL say unlimited drinks package they really mean it. No skimping on booze in a drink and no 15 drink limit and all top brands and quick service as well, I almost cringed to see my Bloody Mary made with expensive Grey Goose vodka. Not that I even had even10 in a day.

And NCL have enough crew to provide proper cheerful friendly service from employees who are not worked to death like the unfortunate Princess ones seem to be in some areas now.

And NCl have at least double the menu choices now in the MDR and excellent quality food, not like they used to be just a few years ago.

Its good to see a line improve, maybe they realized they were losing business offering an inferior product?

And that's how Princess is going, offering an inferior product.

I have checked the cruise critic threads for CCL, RCCL, etc. and find many posts about hopw bad the free regular coffee is on their ships.

I have yet to come across a post about any of Princess' competitors that says their ship had great free regular coffee.

RCCL and CCL are comprised of many different cruise lines, to include "high end" offerings like Azamara, Oceania and Cunard. The "basic" cruise lines like RCI and Carnival use "flash frozen" coffee to which they just add hot water. Easier, fasted and cheaper than brewing. This the popularity of "specialty" coffee shops onboard, and the added cost to the "guest."

What a fun thread!! It took me a whole cup of coffee to get through it.

By the way, I've just put on a fresh pot and your all invited to stop by for a cup, (no punches required).

But can we save your offer and use it next year? And what if you say yes, then change your mind? You'd better believe we'll complain!!

I'm new to Princess. We are on the Coral next month and have the PBP. Can this be used for specialty coffee/tea at the International Cafe? I'm trying to figure out if I need the coffee package too.

• The package includes all beer, wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
  • The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

The second bullet point answers your question--ALL specialty coffees and teas. No need for a coffee package in addition.

• The package includes all beer' date=' wine by the glass and cocktails $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s), or $16.00 AUD and under for voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand.
    [*']The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: all bottles of wine, one liter bottles of water, canned soda and bottled juices.
  • The package may be used on our private islands, all food and beverage venues, and other areas such as the theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to each venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.
  • If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

The second bullet point answers your question--ALL specialty coffees and teas. No need for a coffee package in addition.

Thanks! I read this earlier today on their website but wasn't sure if the this was limited to getting specialty coffees at one of the bars. Wanted to be sure IC wasn't excluded.

Thanks! I read this earlier today on their website but wasn't sure if the this was limited to getting specialty coffees at one of the bars. Wanted to be sure IC wasn't excluded.

Not limited to bars. ALL, wherever they are obtained. In the fine print, room service is excluded.

Its not just the passengers who are fed up with the way Princess is going, we were just on an NCL ship and I recognized one of the senior officers as a long serving Princess employee.

I asked him why he left Princess and he said he didn't like the pennypinching changes and the way head office was micromanaging the officers to implement them, they were just on top of them the whole time.

BITD I would have put Princess way ahead of NCL in many ways, now I find NCL more generous and much less restrictive and tightfisted.

When NCL say unlimited drinks package they really mean it. No skimping on booze in a drink and no 15 drink limit and all top brands and quick service as well, I almost cringed to see my Bloody Mary made with expensive Grey Goose vodka. Not that I even had even10 in a day.

And NCL have enough crew to provide proper cheerful friendly service from employees who are not worked to death like the unfortunate Princess ones seem to be in some areas now.

And NCl have at least double the menu choices now in the MDR and excellent quality food, not like they used to be just a few years ago.

Its good to see a line improve, maybe they realized they were losing business offering an inferior product?

How many millions of large "Corporate America" employees would describe their work environment in a similar way??? Welcome to a constant focus on company performance, driven by a constant microscope on corporate earnings. Just tune in to any one of the cable news channels and watch the hourly focus on market/company performance. Many of us have lived in that world and detest the short term focus on "the numbers", versus setting a market strategy, listening to customer feedback, improving goods and services and then giving it a chance to play out. Look at what the airline industry has "devolved" into. Seeing how many passengers they can squeeze onto the plane and totally destroying the passenger experience. Talk to a few airline employees about how they like their job. Of course these strategies are driven by the constant search for the absolutely lowest price by the consumer, thanks in part to how easy it is to shop price(and sometimes not even understanding what you are getting for that bargain price). The budget airlines have forced the mainstream airlines to strip down their service offering in order to compete on price. The mainstream cruise industry is unfortunately going down the same path. The great thing is that there are still plenty of cruise line choices in the market and we are all free to purchase from who we believe gives the best value for our dollar. Princess Cruises continually changes their product and service offering. Some of it works and some of it fails and goes by the wayside. We look forward to changes in the product offering! With as many complaints as I first read about the Royal Princess, it's one of our favorite ships and we look forward to our next cruise on her. Do I wish they had made the balconies a bit larger? of course, but it in no way ruins the total cruise experience we enjoy. I'm amazed at how much dissatisfaction is felt from such a small change in the grand scheme of things. I'm kinda hoping that many will migrate to another cruise line so that my Anytime Dining wait time at the peak dinner hour doesn't ruin my next cruise.....;)

I’m very disappointed about the change because I have several coffee cards that may go wasted now with the 8/19 cutoff! The least they could do would be to allow those who have cards with no expiration date to use them until they’re done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But that is over 14 months away. Just book another cruise before then [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Good to hear that NCL has improved the food in the MDR! That was the one issue we had when we sailed on NCL several years ago...the MDR food and service was seriously lacking.

What a fun thread!! It took me a whole cup of coffee to get through it.

By the way, I've just put on a fresh pot and your all invited to stop by for a cup, (no punches required).

Yay! Thanks Sally and Bob...we will be right over!!

I’m very disappointed about the change because I have several coffee cards that may go wasted now with the 8/19 cutoff! The least they could do would be to allow those who have cards with no expiration date to use them until they’re done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Right!!

I have two coffee cards with no exp. dates on them. Our next cruise is in October...25 days so we will do our best to use them on that sailing since our next Princess cruise after that is not until 10/19.

I didn't:o

And thank you for that! ;)

If someone is not interested in coffee or using a coffee card/package, why even comment? I am sure they have items that are important to them on a cruise and would not like them taken away.

It's like when someone wants to purchase bottles of water, all the "tap water" people start to "school" us on how great the tap water is. I say, "Good, go drink all the tap water you want!" I like it in bottles! ;p

Right!!

I have two coffee cards with no exp. dates on them. Our next cruise is in October...25 days so we will do our best to use them on that sailing since our next Princess cruise after that is not until 10/19.

Almost exactly the same boat I'm in. I hope I want to drink 8 coffees on our cruise in November. Because we Cruise 8 days after the cut off in 2019. It kind of makes me wonder if pretty soon they're going to raise the prices dramatically and they don't want everyone buying a bunch of coffee cards off of eBay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Almost exactly the same boat I'm in. I hope I want to drink 8 coffees on our cruise in November. Because we Cruise 8 days after the cut off in 2019. It kind of makes me wonder if pretty soon they're going to raise the prices dramatically and they don't want everyone buying a bunch of coffee cards off of eBay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

You might have a point there! I'm thinking they don't want "cards" at all. They will put it on your cruise card like other drink packages, I guess. The thing is, now both passengers in the same cabin have to EACH purchase the package since they are saying you can't share!! :o

When we bought cards, I used them for the specialty coffees and DH just got the fresh brewed coffee. Wonder how that will work now?

Is he going to have to purchase a "coffee package" just to get the fresh brewed? Or just pay by the cup for fresh brewed?

I think the new process is a wonderful idea. Just put it on my cruise card and I don't have to think about it. No more searching for old cruise cards before a cruise or remembering to bring it with me when I'm on my way to the atrium for a Mocha, Cappuccino, or a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Yea! Thanks Princess for trying to bring us out of the stone age kicking and screaming.

I even learned how to spell Cappuccino.

You might have a point there! I'm thinking they don't want "cards" at all. They will put it on your cruise card like other drink packages, I guess. The thing is, now both passengers in the same cabin have to EACH purchase the package since they are saying you can't share!! :o

When we bought cards, I used them for the specialty coffees and DH just got the fresh brewed coffee. Wonder how that will work now?

Is he going to have to purchase a "coffee package" just to get the fresh brewed? Or just pay by the cup for fresh brewed?

It is really up to you. What you can't "share" is the fresh brewed part. He can put it on his card and get all the fresh brew he wants. In addition, he can buy your specialty drinks.

The only question is whether he'll have to buy them for you or if you will be allowed to use his card to get them.

What other recourse have they left me? :confused:

Complaining directly to Princess doesn't see to do much good as some others have found out.

Perhaps cruise on another cruise line? Cruising on Princess just to stiff the staff until you get your perceived value of your free coffee Cards is a questionable decision. You own the decision. No need to try and convince us that you have no other option/choice.

You have your value system and we have ours. It is your right to do as you please.

With all the cards expiring in 19 I wonder if Princess has thought about the demand for specialty coffees till then. People will be unloading or using all punches possible by that date. I know that will impact me since I have almost 2 cards to use. To an individual it may not seem like a lot, but I have to believer the use count will be going way up. Here's hoping for reasonable lines at the IC.

They aren’t saying that....in fact they have said just the opposite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk