The upsell people must have been reading my mind!

lab_love123

I just got my first ever upsell email from Carnival. They must have been reading my mind ;) I had been debating upgrading my cabin from an OV to a balcony for my upcoming cruise in October. You know just a #treatyoself type of thing. But the price was just a little more than I wanted to spend so I’d been holding off because I was ok with the ocean view room. Well today, the offer comes, and it’s a much better rate for a midship balcony on the empress deck than what I was finding on my own. So I jumped on it! This is very exciting for me. It’s the little things :')

I just got my first ever upsell email from Carnival. They must have been reading my mind ;) I had been debating upgrading my cabin from an OV to a balcony for my upcoming cruise in October. You know just a #treatyoself type of thing. But the price was just a little more than I wanted to spend so I’d been holding off because I was ok with the ocean view room. Well today, the offer comes, and it’s a much better rate for a midship balcony on the empress deck than what I was finding on my own. So I jumped on it! This is very exciting for me. It’s the little things :')

I called my PVP about our upcoming cruise. From what I could see online, there were about 10 interior cabins available on the entire ship. But about 20 Spa balcony on deck 11 and 12. I told him I would be more than happy to upgrade to two of those unpopular balconies for a reasonable price. He quoted me a difference higher than when we originally booked. I am not sure how they decide to call about upgrades, but my fingers are crossed I somehow got on the list by contacting my PVP. Still have over 9 weeks so fingers crossed.

I called my PVP about our upcoming cruise. From what I could see online, there were about 10 interior cabins available on the entire ship. But about 20 Spa balcony on deck 11 and 12. I told him I would be more than happy to upgrade to two of those unpopular balconies for a reasonable price. He quoted me a difference higher than when we originally booked. I am not sure how they decide to call about upgrades, but my fingers are crossed I somehow got on the list by contacting my PVP. Still have over 9 weeks so fingers crossed.

You may get a call...I have often gotten the call to upgrade from an interior to an OV or balcony. They try to do that shortly before sailing to free up the inexpensive interiors for pack-and-go specials.

We got an up sell email today. $694 to move from our midship balcony on deck 9, to an ocean suite on 7. Turning it down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would have been nice but that would be beyond my budget for sure. You still have a great balcony to look forward to!

I'm still waiting for that upgrade phone call, but I sincerely doubt I will get one since I am going on an Alaska cruise. I haven't heard of many (if any) upgrade opportunities for Alaska cruises. Congrats on the upgrade.

We got an up sell email today. $694 to move from our midship balcony on deck 9, to an ocean suite on 7. Turning it down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got an upsell email to go from my upper deck midship interior to a lower deck aft balcony for $334 (5 day cruise). Turned it down.

I probably would have turned these offers down too. I always book a cruise at a price and with a cabin I am happy with. Those upsell offers seem like a lot - like if you had wanted to spend that much more money you would have just booked the other cabin type in the first place, right?! ;p

I'm still waiting for that upgrade phone call, but I sincerely doubt I will get one since I am going on an Alaska cruise. I haven't heard of many (if any) upgrade opportunities for Alaska cruises. Congrats on the upgrade.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys! To be honest, I always thought the "upgrade or upsell fairy" was more of a myth or at least something for people with many more VIFP points built up than I have. So I was pretty excited to find out it was real haha!

I probably would have turned these offers down too. I always book a cruise at a price and with a cabin I am happy with. Those upsell offers seem like a lot - like if you had wanted to spend that much more money you would have just booked the other cabin type in the first place, right?! ;p

Exactly. Plus I just realized that the suite they offered us has only a double sofa bed. No upper Pullman (noted or that I can see) I have boy/girl twin teenagers. Can you imagine?! The horror of having to sleep with your brother for 6 nights! Lol

The upsell offer I received cost more than the cruise price I paid for one person. Like you said, if I wanted an aft balcony rather than the interior that I booked, I would have booked it from the get go. Now if the price would’ve been half of what they wanted, I may have considered it.