Confused about Upgrade Offer

Back in Feb we booked an Interior Guarantee room on Mariner of the Seas. About a month later we got our room assignment on an interior . I called in at the time and had the room switched to another one in the same category (for better location).

Today I received an email about "Potential Upgrade Opportunity". It says for $50, we can potentially (i.e. if a room becomes available) upgrade our room to an interior view. Confused as why would an interior to an interior be an upgrade? Only thing I can think of is the potential room is mid ship.

You said they offered you a possible "interior view" cabin. Not sure, but thinking they might mean an interior cbin with promenade window. These cabins are interior but have a window that overlooks the promenade. Just my thought.

Back in Feb we booked an Interior Guarantee room on Mariner of the Seas. About a month later we got our room assignment on an interior . I called in at the time and had the room switched to another one in the same category (for better location).

Today I received an email about "Potential Upgrade Opportunity". It says for $50, we can potentially (i.e. if a room becomes available) upgrade our room to an interior view. Confused as why would an interior to an interior be an upgrade? Only thing I can think of is the potential room is mid ship.

Sounds like they are giving you the potential opportunity to switch to a Promenade View stateroom, which is considered an upgrade from an inside.

It's strange because it says we currently have interior view and may have opportunity to upgrade to interior view. They refer to them as the same.

Does Mariner have promenade rooms? This never came up at room selection.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

That is exactly what they are offering. They begin this process when there is demand for specific catagories, ie..interior cabins, and there are cabin available in another category, like the Prominade cabins.

I can only think of promenade cabins as interior view.

Do know, from experience, that RCI considers that category of room more valuable than a guaranty deluxe balcony. They tried to convince me I needed to pay an additional $462 to have the inside cabin.

Very happy with Princess and their upgrades, Celebrity and HAL. I will sail again with RCI but it will be last minute bottom price. I didn’t like being treated as dirt - I was actually told it would cost RCI too much money to match on a later cruise - I could pay the additional $800 or pay $400 for a lesser balcony with nonrefundable matching OBC.

It's strange because it says we currently have interior view and may have opportunity to upgrade to interior view. They refer to them as the same.

Does Mariner have promenade rooms? This never came up at room selection.

Yes, Mariner has Promenade View staterooms on decks 6, 7, and 8.

We actually enjoyed our promenade room on Allure. The extra seating gave additional space and fun to people watch.

But...I'm looking at Mariner deck plans and I don't see any Promenade rooms for 4 people. Or am I missing it?

So I'm thinking maybe they just meant 'interior mid ship' vs 'interior aft', which is what we are booked at (but we're still quite central)???

We got a similar email just tonight. We have a Promenade Interior Room booked on Adventure and the offer was to potentially move to Ocean View for $250. I did not reply...

We’re excited to welcome you onboard soon! As your sailing approaches, there may be an opportunity to upgrade your stateroom for the below price. Secure your position on the waitlist and take advantage of this limited offer. If an upgrade becomes available, we will call you to process the upgrade.*

POTENTIAL UPGRADE: Ocean View UPGRADE PRICE: $ 250

OP here. I spoke with an agent. The 'upgrade' offer is as I questioned...I have interior room at 'aft' and the rooms being offered are interior 'mid'. But didn't upgrade since our aft room is still not far from mid, and the available rooms being offered didn't look very mid to me as they were still quite forward. Same room size and all. So didn't see an advantage of switching.

Is Mariner adding virtual balcony rooms during the dry-dock and those are an upgrade from a regular interior?

I don't see any virtual balconies on the new deck plan.