Enjoying the Ship

On our cruise this fall on Jewel I want to try to be mindful of enjoying our ship as part of our vacation. I mean, we're paying a couple hundred dollars a day for the cabin, food and amenities so I want to enjoy it not just look at it as a means to get to the ports. There is even one day I think we're going to spend the day on the ship as we're not excited about the port.

I'm looking for some advice as to the best way to get the most out of the ship if we do stay aboard instead of getting off at port. What do you do if you stay aboard?

Does that make sense?

We get up at 6AM ,shower ,get dressed and head for the Fitness Center .We try to be there an hour and then go for a leisurely breakfast .Then it my be trivia or a lecture or relaxing with a book .Next lunch and a few walks around the ship followed by a movie and before you know it ,dinner time.

We get up at 6AM ,shower ,get dressed and head for the Fitness Center .We try to be there an hour and then go for a leisurely breakfast .Then it my be trivia or a lecture or relaxing with a book .Next lunch and a few walks around the ship followed by a movie and before you know it ,dinner time.
I went to the fitness center once.

It didn't work out. [emoji6]

Walk laps in pool now.

What movies do you watch?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We watch any movie shown in the theater regardless of genre.
In my experience they rarely have them in the theater other than Radiance class. That's why I asked. Almost all pool or aqua theater lately.

Wow. Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch Hoopster. Mykonos doesn't interest me and there is one or two ports on our next 11 night cruise that doesn't interest us. And no, I don't plan to spend my Rome time in a hotel. I was speaking specifically to enjoying the ship as the floating resort that it is.

Different strokes for different folks, right?

I am really looking forward to the outdoor eating area. I can see us eating there everyday. Maybe even playing some cards. I'll check out the mystery dinner, that sounds fun!

Thanks for the constructive thoughts and ideas!

Hey, on our Disney Cruise in the Med two years ago we were enjoying the ship itself so much that we canceled our excursions and only got off the ship at two ports out of the four ports, whereas in Alaska we did two excursions in each port on both of our cruises there. The ports we DID NOT get off the ship for were Naples and Rome. And I have been to neither...It’s your vacation and your money. On Med cruises the ship is the destination for us, because we’re personally not that interested in the majority of the ports and only cruise here because we live on the Med and the flights are cheap and we absolutely love cruising.

We are those nerds who participate in every single activity [emoji51][emoji41][emoji851]. Trivia, dance lessons, scavenger hunts, game shows...everything. We go from activity to activity, also going into a hot tub here and there. On the Jewel I think there’s a movie theater, so that’s fun too and on ships with slides we’ll do the slides lots of times. It’s also fun to grab a deck of cards and some ice cream and sit next to the beautiful view and play. We’re not the lounging type, and we always find lots of things to do. Just reading this thread you see how much the ship has to offer for different kind of cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Having been gone from RC for our last few cruises, we're going on Adventure next month to the Bahamas. I know I'm looking forward to spending time in the Viking Crown Lounge during the day. It's our favorite place to read. Great views, air conditioned, bar service, quiet and comfortable. Also intend to take full advantage of the pool and spa/gym while in port. Also play more trivia.

In my experience they rarely have them in the theater other than Radiance class. That's why I asked. Almost all pool or aqua theater lately.

On my last cruise they showed movies in the theater in the afternoon