Hello, First time RCI Cruiser Question

Does RCI Adventure of the Seas have a daily afternoon Tea Time?

No. Royal Caribbean ships do not have formal afternoon teas. Certainly not the kind that Celebrity and Princess have. (or even more upscale lines).

There are afternoon snacks in the Windjammer buffet. And there are tea bags. :)

Actually enjoyed Tea Time on Royal back in 1980/90's, not sure when it did end. Would go ashore in morning, back onboard and Tea at 3. Take 2 hr nap then late Dinner 8:30-10:15pm. Main show at 10:30pm followed by the every nite Midnight Buffet. Filled a day up back then... Now no Tea Time, no Midnight Buffet and I'm in bed by 10pm...

The "old days" are long gone. No "tea", no "midnight" buffet, no pillow chocolates, no 5-course meals, no molded butter pats, no crystal, no china, no silverware (stainless, now)....it's not quite the same.

The "old days" are long gone....it's not quite the same.

Any time I start going down memory lane, I remind myself that, 25 years ago, I paid $1300pp for a 7 night cruise on the Monarch of the Seas in an inside cabin on deck 2. Adjusted for inflation, that’s $2,250pp in 2018! I see some sail dates in July of this year on the brand new Harmony of the Seas starting at $675pp for the same type of accommodation. I don’t think I need to say more.

Yes, thinks are not quite the same, and that includes the prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any time I start going down memory lane, I remind myself that, 25 years ago, I paid $1300pp for a 7 night cruise on the Monarch of the Seas in an inside cabin on deck 2. Adjusted for inflation, that’s $2,250pp in 2018! I see some sail dates in July of this year on the brand new Harmony of the Seas starting at $675pp for the same type of accommodation. I don’t think I need to say more.

Yes, thinks are not quite the same, and that includes the prices.

So true! I will take the lower fares and then decide where and when to spend the savings in order to make dining and entertainment choices to fit my needs.

No. Royal Caribbean ships do not have formal afternoon teas. Certainly not the kind that Celebrity and Princess have. (or even more upscale lines).

There are afternoon snacks in the Windjammer buffet. And there are tea bags. :)

I’ve seen cut sandwiches and cream scones for an afternoon tea in the windjammer but only on UK departing cruises.

As you say though it’s ‘do it yourself’ and you make the tea and get the food yourself.

It’s been a nice change though on the odd occasion we have tried it.