Taking kids that are not our own....

We are heading out as part of a group of 12 on Oasis this summer. In addition to our four children, we are bringing four friends of theirs. I am going to get notarized letters from their parents giving us permission to bring them, serve as guardians and seek & obtain medical care should it be necessary.

I was just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this. I was considering the following wording, but didn't know if anyone who might have done this has any suggestions.

July XX, 2018

Re: (Child’s Name& DOB)

To Whom It May Concern:

Our (son/daughter) XXXXXXXX will be traveling on Royal Caribbean Oasis of The Seas from PortCanaveral, Florida on a seven day cruise visiting Nassau, St. Thomas and St.Maarten.

Mark G. XXXXXXXX and Stephanie S. XXXXXXXX will be guardiansresponsible. Mark & Stephanie XXXXXXhave our permission to take the above named child on this trip.

In addition, Mark & Stephanie XXXXXXX have permission toseek and obtain any medical care that my child may require during thistrip.

This includes time on the cruise, and on shore, both ininternational ports, as well as in the U.S. from their time of departure from Boston on August 4th, until their return on August 11th.

We are heading out as part of a group of 12 on Oasis this summer. In addition to our four children, we are bringing four friends of theirs. I am going to get notarized letters from their parents giving us permission to bring them, serve as guardians and seek & obtain medical care should it be necessary.

I was just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this. I was considering the following wording, but didn't know if anyone who might have done this has any suggestions.

July XX, 2018

Re: (Child’s Name& DOB)

To Whom It May Concern:

Our (son/daughter) XXXXXXXX will be traveling on Royal Caribbean Oasis of The Seas from PortCanaveral, Florida on a seven day cruise visiting Nassau, St. Thomas and St.Maarten.

Mark G. XXXXXXXX and Stephanie S. XXXXXXXX will be guardiansresponsible. Mark & Stephanie XXXXXXhave our permission to take the above named child on this trip.

In addition, Mark & Stephanie XXXXXXX have permission toseek and obtain any medical care that my child may require during thistrip.

This includes time on the cruise, and on shore, both ininternational ports, as well as in the U.S. from their time of departure from Boston on August 4th, until their return on August 11th.

My parents took my son to Portugal last year and I had to do something similar. I was able to print off a template right from our federal gov. website ( canadian)! It was real simple and yes I had it notorized by our lawyer.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

Although I have not personally taken our GD's on a cruise, as long as you have a notarized letter from the parents of the other children you should be fine. I would also recommend you bring along Birth Certificates of the children and Pass Ports if available. Although you shouldn't need the pass ports, those would come into play should an emergency arise needing you to fly back to the States. The airlines would ask for the PP's.

The only other part you may want to add is the ability to sign waivers for the children. Sometimes you need waivers for certain excursions and/or ship activities.

We have taken friends of my granddaughter 2 different times on a cruise. We (actually just me!) require the passport - peace of mind is priceless. (I also believe if you have it you won't need it! - has worked so far).

I've done this many times. I've never once had anyone ask to see any papers, but I always take them just in case...

Here's a royal carribean consent form though it says austrlia on it, I just cross that out and write in US: http://www.royalcaribbeaninternational.com.au/rcfilelibrary/consent_form_au.pdf

I also get a temporary power of attorney granting me all parental rights so I can sign waivers and stuff just to be safe (though this may be of questionable legal value outside the US).

We have taken friends of my granddaughter 2 different times on a cruise. We (actually just me!) require the passport - peace of mind is priceless. (I also believe if you have it you won't need it! - has worked so far).

Good idea...