NCL gratuities Fee ?

thunter1224

I have read these responses. We have only gravelled on Regent of the US cruise lines, all inclusive, no tips, very happy crew, many very longstanding for this line, no concern re tips. So much easier, less messy. I do not have a closed mind , I just prefer a less complicated approach, in a fair world all payments should be taxed. This to me is just another example of where the US tipping culture has got out of control. People should be salaried at a fair level for the job they do and not have extras added on, untaxed, if they are out of pocket by these corporate rules pay them more, put the price upfront so you know the real cost not 90% from one source then 10% from another.

I stand by this European model of economics.

Well, that says it all. You have only sailed on what is probably the most expensive cruise line. Regent is even more expensive than Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea because they include more - flights, excursions, etc. You are a 1/10th of 1 percent snob!! Yes, I cruise Crystal (but have also sailed on Holland America, Princess, Disney and Royal Caribbean and paid my daily service charge on all of those cruises), but I hope I'm not the kind of snob that you are.

Well, that says it all. You have only sailed on what is probably the most expensive cruise line. Regent is even more expensive than Crystal, Seabourn and Silversea because they include more - flights, excursions, etc. You are a 1/10th of 1 percent snob!! Yes, I cruise Crystal (but have also sailed on Holland America, Princess, Disney and Royal Caribbean and paid my daily service charge on all of those cruises), but I hope I'm not the kind of snob that you are.

Snob is correct. It's as if he was saying "I drive a Rolls Royce and all other cars should be like mine or they shouldn't be allowed to be on the road". The typical attitude of a 'I'm Much More Important Than The Rest Of You' type of person.

What a nonsense !! All this is doing is encouraging a Black economy of payment outside tax. Just like the problem we now have with apple, Starbucks, Facebook , amazon and Google of serious tax avoidance, this is morally doubtful and anyway should you not pay the taxes, nobody should be out of this.

Another country having different tax laws than the US or the UK is not tax avoidance. What is morally doubtful is expecting every country to operate like YOUR country.

NCL has made it harder for people to skip out on a known charge.The refund or adjustment of the DSC can be done if you apply while onboard. The matter then goes for review for the "complaint" and then decided if the passenger merits a refund that will be mailed to you later if approved. If you have an service issue it is best to take it to the service desk and attempt a resolution. I am sure that there are cases that merit a refund of all or part of a DSC, but generally you owe the $$$ for the cruise.

It would be nice to see the true fare without getting out the pen and paper (old school) or a calculator to compare costs of the Cruise +DSC + port fees+ taxes+ gratuities on the "free" perks for the real cost of a cruise.

This statement is False. The DSC can be adjusted or removed at the discretion of the passenger.