Review:Radiance June 2018 southbound

It was great meeting you guys on this cruise. It's funny as I was reading your review on how different our experiences were in regards to our excursions. We did totally different pre-cruise excursions as well as land excursions (except for Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau). I'll have to think about doing a review of our cruise tour and the excursions we picked.

However, I agree that the ship is in desperate need of refurbishment. I will just say that she is 'Well Loved'. :) We felt the food in the MDR was pretty good, but the menu was rather boring and a bit redundant. We certainly didn't starve, as my jeans were much tighter when the cruise ended than when it started. :)

I agree it is a much different cruise as far as it's about the wildlife and scenery for sure. The views are absolutely spectacular.

I hope we can sail together again someday soon.

Great pictures and review. We are doing the SB in August. Do you have the cruise compasses you can post for all of us doing this itinerary? Thanks.

Hi yes I do.

I'll get them scanned as soon as I recover from the 8hr time difference !!!

Did you leave from Vancouver right away, or did you spend a little time there? We really enjoyed it. Beautiful friendly city!

So glad that you got to see bears! We did see a Mama and two babies at Mendenhall Glacier last year.

You are so right about the Radiance needing a dry dock! We were shocked last year at all of the rust on the ship. We usually sail the newer Oasis class ships. I am wondering if a lot of the older ships have all of the rust, too?

Thanks for the review! So awesome that you had great weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did you leave from Vancouver right away, or did you spend a little time there? We really enjoyed it. Beautiful friendly city!

So glad that you got to see bears! We did see a Mama and two babies at Mendenhall Glacier last year.

You are so right about the Radiance needing a dry dock! We were shocked last year at all of the rust on the ship. We usually sail the newer Oasis class ships. I am wondering if a lot of the older ships have all of the rust, too?

Thanks for the review! So awesome that you had great weather!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It must be the same mum and 2 babies in the trees at the car park at Mendenhall!?

Yes we stayed another day in Vancouver. Just loved it. Walked for miles, Had some fantastic meals ( Cactus Club), and drank some good BC wine!

Tough call whether Seattle or Vancouver is the better city but we think Vancouver wins!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome stuff "Little Britain", keep the photo's and excursion tips coming thick and fast !

Are you booking all your own excursions then ???

Yes, we booked all our own excursions (all prices for the 2 of us)

Denali shuttle to Eielson $100

Train Goldstar Dome Anchorage to Seward $424

Seward Northern Latitudes Adventures whale watch $325.86

Skagway Chilkoot train and bus with Dogcart experience $450

ISP Hoonah Travel AdventuresWilderness tour and Brown bear search $234.20