Review:Radiance June 2018 southbound

Brings back memories from last year. What did you think of the Dome Home / Prospector's Pizza / 49th State Brewing?

Also I'm jealous of your Denali picture - all we got to see were clouds.

Brings back memories from last year. What did you think of the Dome Home / Prospector's Pizza / 49th State Brewing?

I am staying at the Dome Home starting Sunday and was curious as well. :)

Lol [emoji38]. We picked Home Dome based on your review!

It was a nice place. Very friendly welcome. Our room was a little “odd” in the respect that the bathroom was open to the bedroom... so you need to be at ease with your partners bodily functions [emoji54]. The owners gave good advise, like Parking in the 3rd parking lot at Denali which is sign posted for RVs as this is the closest. There is now a huge gas station complex at the top of their road which is a good place to get food for the day.

Prospectors was very busy. We shared a pizza and a small Caesar.

49th was jumping too! Good venues and DH appreciated the different ales.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Random thoughts....

We got $24.93pp refund on port taxes which was unexpected bonus!

It is a shower curtain so be prepared for wet floors in the bathroom

I have been on sister ship Jewel 5 times but there are some noticeable differences.... 1/3 of WJ outside seating is removed because Izumi is there. 1/3 of WJ outside seating is still signed and has decor as Rita’s Cantina which doesn’t exist any more. Confusing for newbies who are expecting to find a different eating venue.

The other covered WJ seating now has the hotdog stand where there is usually the place where you can get teas and coffees into the night. Only place I could find was in the Solarium now for those.

The little sports bar before the theatre is now sectioned off as an English pub... no windows and very noisy.

We asked for and received a kettle (essential for morning tea as Brits!).. kettle didn’t work after one use, so got another one, used it once and then that didn’t work either. I think they have a duff consignment on board.

Wi-fi very spotty. I just tried to do a Voom test to show you the speed and it wouldn’t even connect!

I overheard waiter in MDR advising of the $15 corkage fee... so it looks like this is one of the few ships in the fleet that may be charging it.

Last act tonight is Phil Palisoul.

Seafood buffet in WJ tonight. As the MDR has been so mediocre we will try that instead.

Dress code... lumberjack shirts and baseball caps every day, no differential for formal night... unless it was a different baseball cap worn at the table. [emoji34]

Overcast sailing through the inside passage today.

Edited by little britain

Lol [emoji38]. We picked Home Dome based on your review!

It was a nice place. Very friendly welcome. Our room was a little “odd” in the respect that the bathroom was open to the bedroom... so you need to be at ease with your partners bodily functions [emoji54]. The owners gave good advise, like Parking in the 3rd parking lot at Denali which is sign posted for RVs as this is the closest. There is now a huge gas station complex at the top of their road which is a good place to get food for the day.

Prospectors was very busy. We shared a pizza and a small Caesar.

49th was jumping too! Good venues and DH appreciated the different ales.

At ease with your partners bodily functions? Would never work for us LOL!!

I am staying at the Dome Home starting Sunday and was curious as well. :)

8644ab762dbbbee4ef5d23aa3f0cd74f.jpg

#7 was the room with the strange bathroom set up. Right at the top of the house.

Also be prepared for it never to get fully dark at night up there at this time of year.

8644ab762dbbbee4ef5d23aa3f0cd74f.jpg

#7 was the room with the strange bathroom set up. Right at the top of the house.

Also be prepared for it never to get fully dark at night up there at this time of year.

Great photo, we are going to be in room 1, so don't think I will have to worry about my sister and daughters bodily functions or they mine LOL I am really enjoying your review thank you for sharing. :)

Your pictures are incredible! What type of camera are you using? Thank you for sharing the trip with us!

Mostly Canon 80D and 100-400 lens and some from an iPhone!

Thanks for the comments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photo, we are going to be in room 1, so don't think I will have to worry about my sister and daughters bodily functions or they mine LOL I am really enjoying your review thank you for sharing. :)

We booked late so we switched rooms for our two night stay. I think we had rooms 5 and 8 and both of those bathrooms were separate with real doors. :)

In summary: don’t think of it as a normal cruise, everything about this trip related to the wilderness, the wildlife and the scenery.

Expect rubbish weather and very early starts!

Jeans and hiking boots will be your uniform. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather and wildlife play ball... if it does then you are in for an unforgettable trip.

Two Brits in search of bears.

Mission accomplished.

Over and out.

LB

183cad96d5bced017538a5ab54572dad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In summary: don’t think of it as a normal cruise, everything about this trip related to the wilderness, the wildlife and the scenery.

Expect rubbish weather and very early starts!

Jeans and hiking boots will be your uniform. Keep your fingers crossed that the weather and wildlife play ball... if it does then you are in for an unforgettable trip.

Two Brits in search of bears.

Mission accomplished.

Over and out.

LB

183cad96d5bced017538a5ab54572dad.jpg

Great review with fantastic pictures, the weather I would not be concerned about as you know its miserable in the UK most of the time. The wildlife and the scenery are what I'm itching to experience, your review has given me lots of ideas.

Great pic. We leave Denali today after spending 2 nights in the back of the Park & last night in the Denali cabins out by the front. That was the only animal we didn’t get to see close up. Great luck with everything else including several grizzlies. Even saw some of the smaller critters like a marmot & porcupine. Funny story, took our hotel’s free shuttle into town for dinner last night. Driver suddenly jams on the brakes. We were talking to another guest, not looking at the road, looked up to see a big mama moose & her baby flying across the road just a few feet from our van. Almost got too close of a view.