NCL policy on bringing wine

bkennedytx1

I have never been on NCL before. Can I bring wine onboard from outside? What is the corking fee, if any? I realize after my RC trip that they will nickel and dime you to death. We are going to South America, and I think I can get better wine offshore than on the ship.

Thanks.

You can take them on board at the start of the cruise and at every port, the cost is the same. When it is "picked up" at the scanners when boarding you will be sent to a table to have the bottles marked and the cost to be paid put on your folio. If you board with it in your luggage it will be held till the evening which you will have to collect and "pay" the charge then.

You can take them on board at the start of the cruise and at every port, the cost is the same. When it is "picked up" at the scanners when boarding you will be sent to a table to have the bottles marked and the cost to be paid put on your folio. If you board with it in your luggage it will be held till the evening which you will have to collect and "pay" the charge then.
I've never had success picking up wine in a port of call..... when I ask why not if it's allowed at embarkation they hand me the NCL FAQ page and they have the section highlighted where it says "any alcohol" will be held until end of cruise.

https://www.ncl.com/faq/liquor-beverage-policy

"If you purchase any alcohol at one of our ports-of-call or in our onboard shops, we will safely store your purchase and either on the final night of the cruise or the morning of debarkation it will be available for pick up in a designated area."

When we brought on wine last fall it was $18.00 a bottle but still much, much better than the inflated on-board prices for mediocre wines!

That's interesting, if it was last year.

These days, with the promo UBP, there isn't as much talk of the corkage fee. However, if it has gone up then I'm surprised that it hasn't been mentioned before (maybe it has and I missed it).

It wouldn't surprise me if the price has gone up, as it's stayed the same for many years. It also occurs to me that $18 is $15 plus a 20% service charge. Maybe they are doing that now, or maybe it was an error.

I have never been on NCL before. Can I bring wine onboard from outside? What is the corking fee, if any? I realize after my RC trip that they will nickel and dime you to death. We are going to South America, and I think I can get better wine offshore than on the ship.

Thanks.

We went on the South America cruise last year on the NCL Sun and purchased a number of good Malbec wines (in Buenos Aires) for very reasonable prices. We simply boarded with the wine, paid our $15 corkage fee per bottle, and enjoyed really nice wine on our 15 day cruise. Took the bottles to bars, and restaurants (specialty and main).

We were so glad we did. Enjoy your trip!

Corkage fee is $15 a bottle. There is no service charge added.

Here is the official policy. Norwegian Cruise Line. Passengers may bring wine and Champagne on board on embarkation day. No matter where you plan to open the bottle, you will be charged a corkage fee, even for drinking it in your stateroom. Fees are determined by bottle size: 750 ml bottle is $15.00 and 1,500 ml magnum is $30.00.