Cruise Advice

My husband and I have decided on a Norway cruise for our 30th anniversary (2020). We are looking at RCCL's 11- Night Artic Circle Cruise or 14 day Princess, Land of the Midnight Sun (two weeks is close to the max time we can vacation. We have never been to Copenhagen (advantage RCCL) but wonder if the ports we would be missing on Princess make it the better choice. Any suggestions from previous cruisers are welcome (excursion selections, best time of year to travel). We enjoy outdoor activities and traveling more on the bridge seasons.

Without exact dates it is hard to comment on ports because at least this year Princess has switched certain ports for that cruise on different dates. I leave next week for the 2 week land of the Midnight Sun so have done a lot of research into it. We have a very active, organized Roll Call here on CC so much has been worked out and planned through that. For many of my soon to be shipmates the downside of our cruise is that we skip Flam, and the railroad, for Skjolden and we have a short day in Bergen. Ironically that was of no concern to DW and I, as we stayed overnight in Flam on the Nutshell and did 2 days in Bergen 3 years ago. You need to side by side the itineraries, look at costs and time as well. Copenhagen is a delightful city if you have not visited, but Cruising from Southampton allows you to spend time in London if you desire.

Post the itinerary here and we can comment more.

Without exact dates it is hard to comment on ports because at least this year Princess has switched certain ports for that cruise on different dates. I leave next week for the 2 week land of the Midnight Sun so have done a lot of research into it. We have a very active, organized Roll Call here on CC so much has been worked out and planned through that. For many of my soon to be shipmates the downside of our cruise is that we skip Flam, and the railroad, .

The June 2019 Sapphire Princess cruise goes to Flam instead of Skjolden next year.

If you only get about 2 weeks of vacation, that 14 day cruise might be tough because you want to start your vacation without jetlag so arriving a couple days prior is a must. Then going home who wants to stress about trying to get off the ship and to the airport. Another day or two post cruise are also advisable.

If you only get about 2 weeks of vacation, that 14 day cruise might be tough because you want to start your vacation without jetlag so arriving a couple days prior is a must. Then going home who wants to stress about trying to get off the ship and to the airport. Another day or two post cruise are also advisable.

I picked the 14 day one because I want to see as much of Norway as possible! The more I researched it, the more I realize there are ports that I want to see that I am missing and would be impossible on a 14 night. I would not want to do anything less. I can't wait for this trip.

The first day is a sea day...