Cold Soups and other not on menu but "available by asking" items

I know it is still available if you "know to ask" but this was always popular item, and if it is de facto still available, why not just add it back to the menus? Always a great selection. Can't understand why it's on the "secret" menu now and gone from standard menus.

What other secret items exist in practical application (Indian dishes usually, delicious)?

Bob....steak fries?

I know it is still available if you "know to ask" but this was always popular item, and if it is de facto still available, why not just add it back to the menus? Always a great selection. Can't understand why it's on the "secret" menu now and gone from standard menus.

What other secret items exist in practical application (Indian dishes usually, delicious)?

Bob....steak fries?

My teen son is a very healthy eater. He usually eats grilled chicken for dinner. Although not on the menu, they were able to always accommodate his request.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The specially requested Indian dishes (not on menu) on AD were variable in quality. One night it was inedible. I had asked in advance to have it delivered each night. I told them to stop after a few nights. They seemed relieved.

I know it is still available if you "know to ask" but this was always popular item, and if it is de facto still available, why not just add it back to the menus? Always a great selection. Can't understand why it's on the "secret" menu now and gone from standard menus. ?

I don’t understand it either. On our TA in April, one of our table mates mentioned how much she missed the cold soups and she was served a different flavored soup each night thereafter. So if they are still preparing it, why not have it on the menu? :confused: It does not make sense.

Sherri:)

I don’t understand it either. On our TA in April, one of our table mates mentioned how much she missed the cold soups and she was served a different flavored soup each night thereafter. So if they are still preparing it, why not have it on the menu? :confused: It does not make sense.

Sherri:)

It's an odd position. I think the staff love to "deliver" for the guests and make them happy by seeming to fulfill special requests. I've asked for indian dishes, like the person above, and gotten great food, but then they keep bringing it every night without asking and don't want to seem ungrateful, but the spicy and aromatic food is good once in a week, daily is too much. I doubt they are specially preparing a soup or escargot for one person, so just leave it on the menu? I do miss the sliders and the thick cut steak fries that came with them. Maybe that's available if I ask? Or maybe there is something i'm not aware of that I've been missing I should try on my next cruise in a few weeks

Bob....steak fries?

Cold soups were not available on our last cruises - so it seems not all ships offer that option upon request!:confused: