Fan for Room

EMG7089

I would like to bring a small fan for the room. I am certain somewhere in this site there is a link to what type of fan is allowable, but I am unable to find one. Could you please suggest what is allowed, or forward a link to me? I’m an avid Amazon shopper, so if you have purchased one from there a picture would work as well [emoji847] Thank you for your assistance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I bring a small, 5 inch electric desk fan. (Walmart) Easy to pack, lightweight and gives me the airflow I need. Battery fans weigh so much and the batteries will NOT last if you use the fan all night, every night...so you need to bring extras...again, very heavy!

I bring a small, 5 inch electric desk fan. (Walmart) Easy to pack, lightweight and gives me the airflow I need. Battery fans weigh so much and the batteries will NOT last if you use the fan all night, every night...so you need to bring extras...again, very heavy!

Thank you for the info, I appreciate it!

I bring a small USB/rechargeable fan. Seen similar in Target, Walmart, Bed Bath and Beyond.

Look for Desk fans. Have seen several in the college back to school sections.

I have the 8” O2 cool and another. It’s whatever you want to pack. At Fort Lauderdale on our last cruise I saw one guy with a full size box fan! No kiddin. No worries. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you call the desk, they will give you one

Don't depend on this if its very important to you. Once onboard, if you call and request a fan, you may or may not receive one based on availability. They tend to run out since Carnival has increased cabin temps the last few years to save energy and money. In my experience, a request does not always result in a fan.

A better bet is to purchase an 02 Cool brand fan that works off of either batteries or electricity. They're available both on Amazon's and Walmart's websites last I checked.

I pack mine in my checked luggage (I always fly to port), but carry the electric cord for it in my carry-on. I wouldn't travel without my 02 fan. It has saved the night both in warm Carnival cabins and in warm hotel rooms where the A/C wasn't optimal. I just don't sleep well when it is too warm.

I've also found my 02 fan to be very helpful to block out background noise resulting in a better night's sleep. That's something else that can't be predicted with accuracy when sleeping away from home.

Hope you have a great cruise!

I have a 9 inch metal fan that I use. I have noticed that every night, the temp in the cabin fluctuates. I wake up as soon as it does so i no longer go without my fan. It fits either in my suitcase or my rolling cooler. It can be strapped by the handles to the luggage that I carry on if no room to pack it. I would not depend on guest services. I thought about carrying a box fan too, and checking it with the other luggage. Could make some “straps” for it or if you have Fttf or are platinum or diamond, you could carry it and drop off as soon as you board. I like it for cool air and also for the noise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would like to bring a small fan for the room. I am certain somewhere in this site there is a link to what type of fan is allowable, but I am unable to find one. Could you please suggest what is allowed, or forward a link to me? I’m an avid Amazon shopper, so if you have purchased one from there a picture would work as well [emoji847] Thank you for your assistance!

This fan thing comes up a lot, and we have no idea why. No matter what ship, we have always been able to get our staterooms frosty cold, if that's how we wanted them (which we do at night). I wonder if it has anything to do with cabin location/deck/etc? We have just never encountered this issue.

I bought this one at WalMart a month or so ago for less than $10. I was so impressed that I went back to get another one, and have not been able to find it at 2 different stores. Found it on Amazon for more than twice the price.

It is very small and lightweight, so easy to pack. Also easy to bring along on a shore excursion (runs up to 6 hours on rechargeable battery). It is surprisingly powerful for its size. I'm very happy with it. But it is a "personal" size fan. Some people might like something larger for their cabin.

https://www.amazon.com/Holmes-Personal-Rechargeable-Battery-Operated/dp/B07114TPHP/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1529390345&sr=8-5&keywords=holmes+fan+4+inch

This fan thing comes up a lot, and we have no idea why. No matter what ship, we have always been able to get our staterooms frosty cold, if that's how we wanted them (which we do at night). I wonder if it has anything to do with cabin location/deck/etc? We have just never encountered this issue.
Some of us are very warm blooded and need a fan to stay cool. My wife doesn't like a fan blowing on her, but I do. Also, some people like the "white noise" the fan makes. It helps block out kids running down the halls, noisy neighbors, etc. So whether or not someone wants to bring a fan with them is their own business.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

I recommend a long extension cord, too. We take one that's around 10 ft. It lets me put the fan right by the bed. Either on the little nightstand or I move the small stool for the vanity mirror.

On our cruise aboard Glory last week, our room stayed as cool as could be, even a little chilly at times. That was even after we turned down the thermostat a bit. Such a relief since I read several accounts of Glory cabins being hot. I can't sleep when I'm hot. But our son's room next door was always warmer than ours. Not hot, just warmer, even with the thermostat cranked as high as it'll go. Him and his friend were comfortable, though, so we didn't say anything to GS.