Child hurt on Cruise question

bnorris10

, if my child falls climbing on the back of a chair not okay. JMHO

If a child falls while climbing on the back of a chair they are probably not following rules.

I teach and the amount of children I have seen in my career swinging on chairs and so on is nuts (I work in tough inner city schools and always have).Teachers and kids clubs have a certain responsibility for behaviour of course but parents also need to ensure their kid has boundaries too. People who work with large groups of children are trained to look after and educate groups of a certain size but accidents do happen as it can be quite challenging with 20-30 kiddos. I know there are bad apples in child care/education but they are quite rare in my experience.

Thankfully, I have never had any serious accidents in my classrooms but I have never got through an entire school year without hearing of a broken bone happen in the playground.

Years ago, other children made fun of my son in the children's club (bullying), He reacted to the inconvenience and the staff of RCCL called me and they threatened me that if my son's behavior was repeated, we would be expelled in the next port . . Since then, my son never returned to a children's club on board. The staff does not have the minimum knowledge of how to treat children and blame some for the aggression's of others.

Years ago, other children made fun of my son in the children's club (bullying), He reacted to the inconvenience and the staff of RCCL called me and they threatened me that if my son's behavior was repeated, we would be expelled in the next port . . Since then, my son never returned to a children's club on board. The staff does not have the minimum knowledge of how to treat children and blame some for the aggression's of others.

Maybe it was just being unlucky? That must have been really tough for your son.

I read a lot these days that cruise companies are recruiting teachers for these clubs (I have seen the adverts) so they should be trained appropriately.

I once read a policy on board (Celebrity) that any bad/aggressive behaviour would have the kid banned from the club for the rest of the cruise but not the whole family expelled from the ship.

Accident or not, the parents of the child who was RUNNING inappropriately and caused the injury .. PAYS all medical bills. On & off ship.

I grew up and my brother and his friends broke windows with baseballs & softballs .... more than once. My dad, when it was my brother, APOLOGIZED to the neighbor with the broken window and simply said, have it repaired, give me the bill and I'll pay it. There was no question how to handle it!

This doesn't happen anymore. Our son many years ago was playing in the park, a pick up football game (he was in 6th grade) another boy showed up. My son decided to come home with his football, and this boy drove him into the ground. Broken collarbone. Family lives across the street, and they never once came over to see how our boy was. They knew- because when the ambulance comes in our town, so do the cops. The officers spoke to the family. I would have been happy if they just had checked in to see how he was and made their boy apologize. Happy they sold their home and moved away.

• 3 weeks later...