Travel agent telling me obstructed view midship is better than balcony aft.

toledo

how does that work with the Princess Platinum Travel Insurance which includes

100% refund/future cruise credit - cancel for any reason?

Looks like it would apply as a credit on a future cruise:

In the event that you choose to cancel for a reason not authorized above or for a reason that is otherwise restricted, at any time up until departure, and you have purchased Cruise Vacation Protection, Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours will provide you a cruise credit equal to 75% (100% if Platinum Vacation Protection was purchased) of the non-refundable value of your cruise vacation prepaid to Princess Cruises and/or Princess Tours, for your use toward a future cruise.

If there are good balconies still available this close to sailing... Perhaps Princess is going to begin to send out upsell offers?

Is your booking set for Upgrades?

Or, if you stay where you are, and that has dropped a LOT... Maybe ask for some consideration... A little OBC or something?

You really need a good TA to advise and pull for you!!!!

At 29 days before sailing, Princess is flash-saling their remaining unsold inventory to fill the ship. The cruiseline, any line, has little incentive to permit such a reservation change at this point in time.

Suggest that if the OP is that displeased, just cancel and take the penalty ... and rebook or not.

Not sure the TA is lazy or should be replaced ... but should take the time to explain Flash Sales for new bookings to the OP and why his/her request is over the top and problematic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

At 29 days before sailing, Princess is flash-saling their remaining unsold inventory to fill the ship. The cruiseline, any line, has little incentive to permit such a reservation change at this point in time.

Suggest that if the OP is that displeased, just cancel and take the penalty ... and rebook or not.

Not sure the TA is lazy or should be replaced ... but should take the time to explain Flash Sales for new bookings to the OP and why his/her request is over the top and problematic.

I have been told that Flash sale fares only show on agent/agency sites. That being said, in addition to Flash fares, there are also other promotional fares for NBO (new bookings only). On the OP's sailing, there was a very restricted "Drop & Go deal 2 for 1" that was not restricted to NBO, and that was probably what she saw. Re-faring without penalties would have been possible had the TA responded quickly. It would not been necessary to call Princess and could have been done through the booking platform.

I would not make the assumption that the OP saw fares that were not NBO.

The OP posted this thread yesterday... Are there any promos that are not NBO currently out there?

I am thinking that, at this point, the fare that the OP booked is non-refundable.

Earlier after Final Payment Date, one can cancel, with some penalties. And, it might very well have saved the OP some money to do that. If the drop in the fare were more than any cancellation fees.

It does seem that there was some confusion with this Travel Agent.

And, that confusion should not have happened. So, I think it is possible that the OP should be looking for a better agent.

It is possible that the TA's error did cost the OP an opportunity.

We just don't know that for sure.

At this point, I am going to assume that any promos on offer are NBO.

If the fare on the current cabin has also dropped, a LOT, then the best thing that the OP might be able to do is to ask the TA to go-to-bat and try to get her some consideration, such as OBC. I have heard of some success with that...

Edited by Wishing on a star

In an April 20 post. regarding Princess' new final payment deadlines the OP indicated he/she is using a TA based in Great Britain. Any policy differences across the Pond may well explain the OP's issue ... don't know, but maybe.